Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3045

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
We may have more depth than we've had for many years ???

Players must prove themselves in pre-season and I haven't named players who may be in doubt fitness wise (that I know of ?)
I don't know enough on who's training the house down so I can only have a rough stab in the dark -

backs

Leishman Rumble Forrest

Grover Parker Randall

Davidson D Sheed JKT
(if fit?) (give him a go?)

Stevenson Sinclair Daye

Pickett Herring Deluca
(leave him (if ok (this kid can play)
& learn) in pre-season)

Ruck - Wheeler Gum (if proves himself) Bristow

Int - from - Garcia,Mandut,Bogensperger,Waters,Joyce,Smythe,Worthington etc etc

That's about half a dozen young fellas in the team and that's what I think we need this season - bring through some of our fresh - good younger players and give them a propper go. If they don't show the goods over say a 3 game period or they look out of their depth then rotate them. But if they are playing well in ressies they deserve a chance and must be selected !!!

Other players who are well worth a look - Well the whole squad - that's what they're playing for - To have a crack at leauge footy.
Clarke,Wohling,Moore,Davey,Hasett,Halligan,Botteccia,Hoskins,Feathers,Harvie etc etc - All the other players - If they perform well over a period of games and someone isn't doing the job in league then they should be promoted - Names should mean nothing - merit is everything - start fresh !!!

Once fit and proven in ressies and if there's a place in the team and they deserve it ??? Mcdougall,Hampson,Broadhurst,Phelan,Kerr obviously push for selection.

I see no reason why Subi (if they play their best footy) can't make the four in what will be an even closer comp than last season.

Surely we can't have as many injuries as last year ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Chopper.

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3047

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I was told Chambers had retired ???
Does anyone know if this is true ???
Maybe the reason he hasn't been sighted at training yet???

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3056

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Chopper wrote: I was told Chambers had retired ???
Does anyone know if this is true ???
Maybe the reason he hasn't been sighted at training yet???

They say he's playing on. But hard to see him contributing anything better than last year if he's not done a pre-season. Especially at 33 years of age.

I'm just being realistic. The chances of a 33 year old with no pre-season dominating at league level are slim...but here's hoping I guess.

Truth is, even champions like Brad Smith had to stop playing eventually.

I remember when Paul Ridley came back in his 30's, some people were getting excited but it wasn't to be. His best footy had been played. We had missed the boat by 3 or 4 years.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3060

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
considering Ryan Herring played 11 games of footy last year in Peels reserves and 9 games in Peels league side...I reckon you fella's are over rating this guy!!

Last edit: by Freezin.

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3061

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: considering Ryan Herring played 11 games of footy last year in Peels reserves and 9 games in Peels league side...I reckon you fella's are over rating this guy!!

You're probably right Freeze. But compared to our other recruits - McDougall (0 Games), B Singh (Ammos 0 Games), Kayler-Thomson (2 Games), Gum (8 Games), Stevenson (0 Games), Daniels (4 Games) last season - Herring has been a relative league regular recently. :blink:

Yeah, you wouldn't put your house on that lot standing up for all 20 games in 2013 would you. :dry: But here's hoping!

Our hope this year is that we have at long last, a large group of talented young players coming through and as you've pointed out yourself, some elite ones amongst the group that somehow missed the draft. Not for much longer though I would say. They'll get noticed soon enough. May as well play them while we still have them I reckon.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3083

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Might have a crack.

FB: Wohling, Rumble, Leishman
HB: JKT, Parker, Forrest
C: Halligan, Bristow, Clarke
HF: Garcia, Grover, Daye
FF: De Luca, Sinclair, Kerr

Ruck: Wheeler, Waters,Gum

Int: Norris, Joyce, Smythe, Randle

Emerg: Madut, Featherstonhaugh, Ashman, Moore

To be considered once fit have all had very limited pre season: Pickett, Harvie, Hampson, Broadhurst, McDougall, D.Sheed.

Still no Chambers Xmas, Davidson comes and goes.

Boys had a good start back with 2k to start and finish traning in 38 degree heat.

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3085

• DG
  • DG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Buddy Boy wrote: Might have a crack.

FB: Wohling, Rumble, Leishman
HB: JKT, Parker, Forrest
C: Halligan, Bristow, Clarke
HF: Garcia, Grover, Daye
FF: De Luca, Sinclair, Kerr

Ruck: Wheeler, Waters,Gum

Int: Norris, Joyce, Smythe, Randle

Emerg: Madut, Featherstonhaugh, Ashman, Moore

To be considered once fit have all had very limited pre season: Pickett, Harvie, Hampson, Broadhurst, McDougall, D.Sheed.

Still no Chambers Xmas, Davidson comes and goes.

Boys had a good start back with 2k to start and finish traning in 38 degree heat.

So you obviously dont rate Herring Buddy Boy? How is he looking atm?
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3087

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sheed should be ok. Academy players often get wrapped in cotton wool.

Bit worried about Hampson though. I remember Ted Wishart telling me that George was in a lot of pain from it last year but kept on playing.

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3090

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Not that I don't rate him, he just hasn't stood out to me at traning is all.
The players I have looked at have stood out at training.

I would have Dom Sheed in and should go straight in if fit but has really had no Pre Season so far and will be behind the eight ball compared top th rest of the group that has been training.

As for George did notice that he couldn't lift his arm above chest high, could be precautionary but did hear that he could need surgery.

The real selection time and to see who deserves a go will come with the pre season games to see how they stack up. I think we are in for a better year than last but won't get carried away to early as I think we will have a very young side throughout the year, so will take this year as a learning year for the young kids as the ones that have graduated from colts last year have alot of talent between them. When you consider the ones that are training: Garcia - Fairest & Best,
Wholing, Harvie, Clarke, Halligan all the top five finshers in the colts F&B add top that Featherstonhaugh, Le Fanu & Sommers in the top 10.

Next few years are looking good with only more to come through colts this year.

2013 Line up 11 years 3 months ago #3122

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Not fussy on who's full forward but we'll try Herring in pre-season and if he's any good he plays if not we try someone else - simple. Maybe we'll even try Wheeler or Grover - We gotta find someone who can give us 40gls. Chambers if he plays ??? But he did bugger all last year - but who knows ???

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 469 guests and one member online

• Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog