Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 18, 2013 v East Fremantle 10 years 9 months ago #23335

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Senior Seagull wrote: DG, what compensation if any do we get for Sinclair going to the ferals next year as he is a rookie listed player. It was Subi who recruited him over from Port Melbourne so we should get something, the Wet Toasters can certainly afford it.

As mentioned previously, a shocking year for injuries and not just one or 2 weekers, Bristow, Sinclair & Forrest out for the remainder, quality first pick players with a heap of experience, also had little service from Gum, hopefully he can get a full pre-season under his belt and have a good 2014 but we knew he was fragile. Anyway plenty of spots to give the youngsters a try out and a couple of blokes should get the chop to release some points starting with Herring's 10 points.
A mix of new blood from the youngsters and a couple of good 2nd tier comp recruits in their mid 20's should see us more competetive and consistent next year. View should be a chance of finals next year as we continue to re-build and definite finaliast in 15.

Not sure on that one Senior, but what i do know is that we lose Sinclair & hes not a 10pt player. So really Herring in particular & Daye have to go as they are nowhere near worthy 10pt players. We need to replace them with proven good players at this level & look at off loading some of these under performing mid tier players that LH talks about. We got alot of injured or injury proned recruits this year & it was always a fear of mine that it will bite us on the arse. Most of them missed large chunks of the season, the exception being JKT, he has been terrific for us. So that is another major strength we should be looking for in future recruits, durability, we need them on the park for the majority of the season. As someone else mentioned, we have to regain any ex Subi players that get delisted, if there is any? Maybe Horsley, TDL, Broughton, who knows, doubtful but. Other clubs like cl, ef & sf have just as good if not better juniors than us, & alot more ex players on afl lists who may be delisted in coming years, so id like to hope that we may be back in the 4 by 2015, but I have strong doubts & alot of work & luck will be needed to get there imo.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 707 guests and 8 members online

• Royals78
  • Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • That_slick_left
  • Swansfan