Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20121

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well, this is it. The time when it's a win or the chances of making the top 4 become improbable. (Though not mathematically impossible)

Personally I think there should be at least 4 changes to the side that played West Perth. That includes Nicoski and Mahoney who are reported to be injured. Bill Fetherstonhaugh, Matt Bogensperger, Joey Daye, Michael Genovese, Daniel Leishman and Michael Wood may be contenders to come in.

Tristan Gum and Antoni Grover should be better for the run they had against West Perth and Charlie Le Fanu made an impressive debut to figure in the best players.

Should be abeauty with so much at stake.

The colts game should be a beauty as well. East Fremantle will be without some of their state 18 players but as fate would have it, Subi will likely be without Cody Grace (inj), Hayden Kennedy (inj) and Greg Clark (WA 16's). Three players you'd have in the best 23 every week if possible.

Having said that, injuries provide opportunities for others and Subi do have a lad with a lot of x-factor who is due an opportunity this week. He was the best player in a S Colts Development v WP Colts Development scratch match last week. Would love to see the kid string together 3 games.

Our colts have only beaten one side in the top four (South Fremantle once) this season so will be keen to show they belong in this company. Especially with matches to come against East Fremantle (Again in two weeks), Perth, Claremont and South Fremantle in the next 4 weeks. It's a tough run.

Should be a good day with a good crowd. East Fremantle with nine crowds above 2000 and Subi with seven crowds above 2000 have maintained consistent fan support throughout the season, despite some up and down form, so we should be able to expect a 2,200/2,300 turn-out this week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20125

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 128
Where is the game at and do you play them twice more this year?
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20132

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Time For a Flag wrote: Where is the game at and do you play them twice more this year?

Leederville Oval. Twice more against EF. This week, Perth, then EF again.

Yeah we play EF, Cl, SF and EP 3 times this season. Bit unlucky for the colts but you have to beat the best to be the best, so no complaint from me.

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20135

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
McDougall an KT will get you over the line. And I am not being a smart arse. Liked them both.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20136

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Time For a Flag wrote: McDougall an KT will get you over the line. And I am not being a smart arse. Liked them both.

When we recruited McDougall I thought we made a mistake. I didn't believe he could come back to full fitness and form after such a long time out and I said so on this forum.

I was wrong and I owe the big bloke an apology. He's been very good.

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20140

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL

La Hincha wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote: Where is the game at and do you play them twice more this year?

Leederville Oval. Twice more against EF. This week, Perth, then EF again.

Yeah we play EF, Cl, SF and EP 3 times this season. Bit unlucky for the colts but you have to beat the best to be the best, so no complaint from me.

this actually takes one of you out of the equation in regards Perths prospects. The fact that Subiaco and East Fremantle play each other twice I mean.

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20142

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Subiaco probably have to win 7 out of their last 8 to even have a decent chance and even that might not do it, depending on how Perth, East Frem and Swans go.

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20147

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
EF in the same boat but have a hard run home.. All is up to the players.
Strange fixtures though
according to my budget round 16 you have EF medibank
then round 18 then you play again at EF
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20152

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Cardy wrote: EF in the same boat but have a hard run home.. All is up to the players.
Strange fixtures though
according to my budget round 16 you have EF medibank
then round 18 then you play again at EF

Yeah that's right. Round 16 and Round 18 v EF. Bizarre.

Even more ridiculous is East Perth having a bye in rounds 16 and 17.

Round 16 v East Fremantle 10 years 8 months ago #20153

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Swans also play Peel twice in 3 weeks with a bye in between

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 349 guests and 4 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Southerner
  • Stinker
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma