Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 13 2013 v Swan Districts 10 years 10 months ago #18398

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
...I wound try him in defence in the magoos, worth a shot.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round 13 2013 v Swan Districts 10 years 10 months ago #18422

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Hi Chop, I was there for the '73 premiership reunion lunch, great event and great to see all but 2 of the palyers turn up, only Watty & Autumn leaves (Burton)not their. The great man himself Ross Smith did a great job of introducing the players and giving background on each one, special additional comments for the WAFL's greates ever full forward Ocker, Sirra, Feathers and Watty and in particular Blair who filled in on the day for the very unlucky injured Fox Cunningham at CHB and won the Simpson. Great event!!

As for the footy, it was back to the early season form and very dissappointing. Swans were terrific, full of run and linked up really well, Ames down back makes a huge difference for them and their fleet of quick on ballers particularly the AFL boys that came in made us look very slow. Gaeppen had a field day, presented well and had gold plate service all day. Looked like we won the tap outs but lost the clearences, Notte destroyed us around the ground best game I've seen him play, may have done ok on the inside 50's but our entries were junk kick and hope entries while theirs were more precise. The Swans list looked very ominous before the game and proved to be so, where the hell have they been all year, they should clearly be a top four even top 2 team with that list but have underachieved so far.

Backs looked lethargic, Rumba was really down and slow as a wet week. We got our share of the ball but missed targets for 3 qtrs, made simple mistakes many times when not under pressure. George Hampson got a heap of the ball but was so indescisive and turned it over repeatedly, may have something to do with a lack of movement up forward, Herring is a waste of space & points although played on the leagues best FB. Clanger tried hard, Waters was possibly our best, real hard worker who compliments Brissy & JKT.

Generally apart from the last qtr we were inept against a very good Swans side. Next week will not be much better with Joondy up at Arctic park, will need all those experienced in's to get near them.

Round 13 2013 v Swan Districts 10 years 10 months ago #18514

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: Hi Chop, I was there for the '73 premiership reunion lunch, great event and great to see all but 2 of the palyers turn up, only Watty & Autumn leaves (Burton)not their. The great man himself Ross Smith did a great job of introducing the players and giving background on each one, special additional comments for the WAFL's greates ever full forward Ocker, Sirra, Feathers and Watty and in particular Blair who filled in on the day for the very unlucky injured Fox Cunningham at CHB and won the Simpson. Great event!!

As for the footy, it was back to the early season form and very dissappointing. Swans were terrific, full of run and linked up really well, Ames down back makes a huge difference for them and their fleet of quick on ballers particularly the AFL boys that came in made us look very slow. Gaeppen had a field day, presented well and had gold plate service all day. Looked like we won the tap outs but lost the clearences, Notte destroyed us around the ground best game I've seen him play, may have done ok on the inside 50's but our entries were junk kick and hope entries while theirs were more precise. The Swans list looked very ominous before the game and proved to be so, where the hell have they been all year, they should clearly be a top four even top 2 team with that list but have underachieved so far.

Backs looked lethargic, Rumba was really down and slow as a wet week. We got our share of the ball but missed targets for 3 qtrs, made simple mistakes many times when not under pressure. George Hampson got a heap of the ball but was so indescisive and turned it over repeatedly, may have something to do with a lack of movement up forward, Herring is a waste of space & points although played on the leagues best FB. Clanger tried hard, Waters was possibly our best, real hard worker who compliments Brissy & JKT.

Generally apart from the last qtr we were inept against a very good Swans side. Next week will not be much better with Joondy up at Arctic park, will need all those experienced in's to get near them.

S/S the overall standard was significantly higher, from both teams, compared to the game at Basso. What was your opinion of Nicoski's game?

Given the two matches against Swans this year, how did Subiaco beat Claremont?

Round 13 2013 v Swan Districts 10 years 10 months ago #18540

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Hi Chop, I was there for the '73 premiership reunion lunch, great event and great to see all but 2 of the palyers turn up, only Watty & Autumn leaves (Burton)not their. The great man himself Ross Smith did a great job of introducing the players and giving background on each one, special additional comments for the WAFL's greates ever full forward Ocker, Sirra, Feathers and Watty and in particular Blair who filled in on the day for the very unlucky injured Fox Cunningham at CHB and won the Simpson. Great event!!

S/S the overall standard was significantly higher, from both teams, compared to the game at Basso. What was your opinion of Nicoski's game?

Given the two matches against Swans this year, how did Subiaco beat Claremont?

By playing pretty much 4 qtrs of how they played for 10 min in the 2nd qtr vs swans.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Round 13 2013 v Swan Districts 10 years 10 months ago #18694

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Swan I'll agree that Swans standard was substantially higher than the last time but Subi's poor disposal was their undoing as was a noticable lack of pace.

How did we beat Claremont? DG was spot on, we played 4 qtrs of physical down and dirty pressure footy giving them no room to express their undoubted skills and Claremont were 5 or so percent off their game and that made the difference.

Subi are now a much younger team and credit to Schoey for bring through some quality youngsters so we must expect some inconsistency. These youngsters, the ones who dont get drafted will have 15 - 20 games under their belts for next season plus another intense pre-season that will see them start to take more responsibilty and play with more consistency. The game against Swans produced the exact result you would expect when you compare each clubs list.

Round 13 2013 v Swan Districts 10 years 10 months ago #18710

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for that Gull and DG - It looks like it was a good game to miss ???

Yes I agree with you re the young fellas that are getting a go at the moment - These blow outs will happen but I am stocked they're getting a game and I'm excited about our future. The last time we had this many young guys coming through was the start of our best run in WAFL history - So bring them on !!!

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 232 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977