Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 12, 2013 v South Fremantle 10 years 9 months ago #17525

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

La Hincha wrote: I don't know about Herring. He's playing well. I guess like someone with 101 games of WAFL/SANFL should play at reserves level. If he was to come in, who would go? Wood is going well now. Stevenson has been serviceable. Wheeler very good. Sinclair, as you say should be back next week. McDougall spends time there as well. Lots of big blokes in front of the sticks already. But credit to Herring for really having a serious crack in the ressies. Unselfish too. Dishes the ball off for others to score a lot.

Who would have thought it. We actually have some serious competition for places now. The lad who has moved into contention I reckon is Dylan Clarke. Best finishing skills at the club. Amazing left boot. Still a bit skinny. But will turn out to be really good. Somehow needs to put on a bit of bulk.

Yep guess he'll have to keep performing until an opportunity comes. Sure is good to have pressure for places.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round 12, 2013 v South Fremantle 10 years 9 months ago #17621

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Again a fairly ugly win apart from a dominant last quarter. Souths system fell apart due to the terrific tackling pressure by all the boys. The on ball brigade is starting to gel lead by Brissy, Mahoney, JKT, and a few of the youngsters. Madut continues to gain valuable game time and having McDougal there to coach the lad is invaluable. Nicko took another big step forward, just needs to put together 4 qtrs. He's so dangerous up forward at WAFL level and he always has a real dip for us.

Deluca missed a couple of shots he should have got but is the benchmark for chasing tackling and harrassing, goes so hard at the contest, Woods is going to be something special, a real light frame but uses it so well, reads the game beautifully with his positioning and leading and the forwards are now starting to get some decent delivery as the boys are gaining confidence. Joey Daye has to go forward or on the wing, he is out of his depth down back but is dangerous whenever he crosses the centre line, great pace for a big bloke and a long LF kick, Ben as you say when Groves is ready that could release Joey.

Real team effort I thought with a couple of standouts in JKT, Shuff & Woods. Will need that and much more to get past Swans again as they will have Ames and Gseppen back, 2 massive in's for them, we will, have Sinclair which will ensure Lammie wont be able to dominate like he did last time. For this game maybe use Groves or Mcdougall at FF against Ames, move Wood to the pocket or Flank, Shuff will have his hands full with Gaeppen but if he keeps him in check we will have a real chance. Boges to run with one of their small forwards, forgot his name but he carved us for a qtr or so last time. Bring on next saturday ... shame we go head to head with the Freo game, should have fixtured all 4 games for sunday with WCE having the bye.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Round 12, 2013 v South Fremantle 10 years 9 months ago #17701

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: Again a fairly ugly win apart from a dominant last quarter. Souths system fell apart due to the terrific tackling pressure by all the boys. The on ball brigade is starting to gel lead by Brissy, Mahoney, JKT, and a few of the youngsters. Madut continues to gain valuable game time and having McDougal there to coach the lad is invaluable. Nicko took another big step forward, just needs to put together 4 qtrs. He's so dangerous up forward at WAFL level and he always has a real dip for us.

Deluca missed a couple of shots he should have got but is the benchmark for chasing tackling and harrassing, goes so hard at the contest, Woods is going to be something special, a real light frame but uses it so well, reads the game beautifully with his positioning and leading and the forwards are now starting to get some decent delivery as the boys are gaining confidence. Joey Daye has to go forward or on the wing, he is out of his depth down back but is dangerous whenever he crosses the centre line, great pace for a big bloke and a long LF kick, Ben as you say when Groves is ready that could release Joey.

Real team effort I thought with a couple of standouts in JKT, Shuff & Woods. Will need that and much more to get past Swans again as they will have Ames and Gseppen back, 2 massive in's for them, we will, have Sinclair which will ensure Lammie wont be able to dominate like he did last time. For this game maybe use Groves or Mcdougall at FF against Ames, move Wood to the pocket or Flank, Shuff will have his hands full with Gaeppen but if he keeps him in check we will have a real chance. Boges to run with one of their small forwards, forgot his name but he carved us for a qtr or so last time. Bring on next saturday ... shame we go head to head with the Freo game, should have fixtured all 4 games for sunday with WCE having the bye.

S/s interesting thoughts about playing all the games on Sunday. Most of the WAFL going public and virtually all the players want the games played on Saturdays. Didn't your club play a Friday night game in direct competition with an Eagles' game?

Round 12, 2013 v South Fremantle 10 years 9 months ago #17762

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Yes we did Swan and it failed dismally, a soaking wet night against a rampant Claremont side with WCE playing just up the road, I dont think they will repeat it.
re my comment, if it's good enough for 2 teams to play on sunday without competition from an AFL game why not all four games?

Anyway i will be there saturday nice and early for the '73 premiership teams 40th reunion lunch. Ross Smith and Mike Fitzpatrick are making the trip over so should be a great function before what promises to be a great game.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 408 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma