Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Special Meeting 15 March 2019 5 years 1 month ago #163789

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
A special meeting has been called to stop the constitution being changed that would of reduced members rights.

The Club Trustees have called the meeting to maintain members rights.

I encourage all members to get along and VOTE AGAINST The changes and support the Trustees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Special Meeting 15 March 2019 5 years 1 month ago #163790

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Bazza wrote: A special meeting has been called to stop the constitution being changed that would of reduced members rights.

The Club Trustees have called the meeting to maintain members rights.

I encourage all members to get along and VOTE AGAINST The changes and support the Trustees.

Baz, not sure abt Souths but EP (and every club I think) has to change their constitutions to be in line with legislation passed in 2015 and enacted in 2016 - www.commerce.wa.gov.au/announcements/new...sociations-and-clubs explains it.

My understanding is that the bulk of the changes are in wording for the current world, no president but a chairperson and the like.

We have had a Mr Percy and a legal group looking at it and I reckon that there is a bit of change phobia attached to it but that is just me and my thinking.

It also looks like no change and you get the government template put in place like it or not.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

Special Meeting 15 March 2019 5 years 1 month ago #163833

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The changes are outside the 2016 new act.

Special Meeting 15 March 2019 5 years 1 month ago #163835

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote: The changes are outside the 2016 new act.

That is a bit weird but SF management may want more stuff, was just trying to help!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Special Meeting 15 March 2019 5 years 1 month ago #163842

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
They are removing the members ability to elect the President.

Special Meeting 15 March 2019 5 years 1 month ago #163849

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Seems that Baseball WA is well ahead of the times in terms of state sporting bodies.

In the mid-late 90s, the then West Australian Baseball League was looking at restructuring, to amalgamate with a couple of other baseball related incorporated bodies.

It was advised by one of Perth's pre-eminent lawyers to set up the new body as a company (under corporations law) rather than an incorporated association. A couple of the major benefits were:

- the ability to raise funds (by the sale of shares)
- the ability to trade (as per the new Association laws in WA)

This also meant that the "members" (ie the clubs and other shareholders such as umpires etc) elected the board, which then selected the chairman/woman (President).

As far as I am aware, the structure has been very successful - but as always, heavily dependent on the quality of the people who stand for election.

Special Meeting 15 March 2019 5 years 1 month ago #163854

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote: They are removing the members ability to elect the President.

Whish is what happens in a corporate world ......... which really is the way WAFL 'clubs' need to go so they survive.

• Page:
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 341 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync