Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13041

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I suppose it depends on how good a communicator she is and whether she knows her stuff. As for Haselby, I read the article and what the President was trying to say was that they were positioning themselves for the full alignment next year by getting some game time into young players and whereas many other WAFL teams would lose a number of players next year, Souths would remain pretty much intact and may move up the ladder quickly. I can see the logic but maybe he should have left out the bit about losing 20 games!! Supporters want to go to a game at least with some hope that their team will win and you can't totally sacrifice a bit of short term success.
The bit about Haselby playing in Northampton is probably not a good look for a struggling team. Funny to reflect that he knocked back the Claremont job and could have been a premiership coach had he gone that way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13084

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
I was disgusted and very angry when I read that article Raitt is a mug for saying he was prepared to lose 20 games, I can't believe that was printed, if he thinks the members are happy with that he clearly has no idea, as for Haselby playing for Northhampton what a disgrace the season is going to hell in a hand basket and he decides to go up there, in other words he does not give a toss.
the club is turning into a farce.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13085

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

TheRock wrote:

Bazza wrote: Well I've have east Perth and peel in the next two weeks if we don't get a win out of those two games , Haselby will have no choice but to step down.

Rock you don't need an outside bar for that many people, 4000 doesn't warrant it.

Can't see what was so great about the weather , dark and dingy day,night if you ask me.

5000 apparently Baz. I think that would deserve an outside bar. Then again there should be one at a derby every time.

I suppose the weather would of been very gloomy from your perspective. :lol:

bs , not even close to 5000, mate have you any clue at all , opening more bars mean putting on more staff at double penalty rates on a public holiday, you don't even break even unless you get a lot more than 4000, then you have to put on security as per your licence etc etc.

Extra bars at every derby..lol mate I have been to some derbies in recent years , mainly at east freo oval that attracted about 1600 people, why would you.?

The lights went on about 5pm...lol must of been a perfect bright sunny day.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13100

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
One outside bar only needed. Since when does SF ever put on more than one outside bar anyway?

It costs you a $1 per can. You sell them for $6 per can.
2 bar staff and 1 security bloke.

2 bar staff at $50/hr for 3 hrs = $300
1 security bloke @ $100/hr = $300.

$600 divided by $5 profit per can = 120 cans (4 ctns) needed to be sold to break even.

If an outside bar couldn't sell 4 ctns of beer at any derby just to break even your kidding yourself.

1600 at some recent derbies at EF...bullshit. When?

2012 - 2400 approx both games
2011 - 7500
2010 - 3300 & 2800
2009 - 11000
2008 - 1700 & 2300

1700 the worst crowd in the last 5 years.

Get your facts right before crapping on and being so negative.

Last edit: by TheRock.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13102

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

TheRock wrote: One outside bar only needed. Since when does SF ever put on more than one outside bar anyway?

$600 divided by $5 profit per can = 120 cans (4 ctns) needed to be sold to break even.

If an outside bar couldn't sell 4 ctns of beer at any derby just to break even your kidding yourself.

2011 - 7500
2010 - 3300 & 2800
2009 - 11000
2008 - 1700 & 2300

What a joke, apart from foundation day when was the last time east freo had a outside bar, you can sell jut as much from inside the lclub , you forgot to add the security fence hire, your figures just do not add up, not worth it, 1700 2200, either way piss weak crowds tht don't deserve outside bars, we cater for 3000 to 4000 easy with just the clubhouse.

Not about being negative bout being realistic, , it's just not needed.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13112

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I must admit when I read that article in the paper I had a little chuckle to myself because I knew you boys would be pissed with that!

I could just imagine what Marty Atkins would say to Mcmahon at Perth if he said he wanted to go play footy on the weekends :P

How about Raitt says ok haselby you wanna play footy.....then win a effin game and I will think about it! Bad form and disrespect to the supporters!

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13114

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36

Bazza wrote:

TheRock wrote: One outside bar only needed. Since when does SF ever put on more than one outside bar anyway?

2011 - 7500
2010 - 3300 & 2800
2009 - 11000
2008 - 1700 & 2300

What a joke, apart from foundation day when was the last time east freo had a outside bar, you can sell jut as much from inside the lclub , you forgot to add the security fence hire, your figures just do not add up, not worth it, 1700 2200, either way piss weak crowds tht don't deserve outside bars, we cater for 3000 to 4000 easy with just the clubhouse.

Security fencing??? when and where has there been secuirty fencing? Plastic flags wrapped around poles maybe but come on Bazz your clutching at straws there either way mate.

EF have had an outside bar for a few seasons now outside of Foundation Day. You should seriously question your sources there Bazz.

The outer crowd was predominately EF and there would have been a good dozen of my group that would patrionised an outside bar...but going into your bar on the other side wasn't an option. Your loss I guess as we survived. :S

At the end of the day aren't we trying to improve the WAFL...not go backwards?

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13247

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Bazza wrote:

2011 - 7500
2010 - 3300 & 2800
2009 - 11000
2008 - 1700 & 2300

bazza...people on the scoreboard side are not going to go over to the clubhouse....but if you had an outside can bar behind the goals you would be surprised at how many would patronise that

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #13249

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Outside bar was rocking on Thursday.

The ferals spent a fortune.

The only thing they're good for
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 349 guests and one member online

• westaussieguy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL