Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12652

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Well here we are on the eve of the first derby of the year and there has not been a single post on it!

Seems there arent too many pumped for this one.

For mine - South will be pushing crap up hill to win this one, but you never know in derbies weird things can happen.

Saunders ? and Mccarrrey out - makes it a tough task.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12659

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
being a Thursday game bazza, probably a few of us a little bit slow off the mark!

All 3 games will be pretty interesting, EF colts have surprised by continuing on their good form from last year, whilst SF colts have had two losses which is probably as many as they had all year!. SF reserves are looking good, whilst EF reserve have had 2 losses on the trot, though last week v EP they shot themselves in the foot by kicking 2.12 after half time and lost by a goal.

League wise derbies are always interesting affairs, not to sure what WCE will do with the likes of Brown, Hams and Dalziell.....all three may be kept over for Sat game for injury cover etc. Duffy and Dick need to step up for EF, whilst Simpson will be back...(I think?), Henson should be back, not to sure on the status of McGough and BOB report wise....anyone know?....SF midfielders will be hoping for a few suspensions I reckon.

Game of the small forwards I reckon, though Gillespie has some height and Tighe could cause some probs resting up forward. Sf have some pretty good young defenders and TBH I am surprised Snuffy2 jnr has done as well as he has.....don't think it will be a walk in the park for EF, SF are searching for their first win and derbies are always interesting affairs!

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12677

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Good thing about Derbies is that funny things happen. Haze to pull the boot son and Dogs to win by 5 points

Last edit: by astro.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12707

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

astro wrote: Good thing about Derbies is that funny things happen. Haze to pull the boot son and Dogs to win by 5 points

Hazelby to pull the boots on

TI to make a come back

Noel carter to kick the winning goal infront of 15,000

TVW 7 to cover game live

The West to do a teams wrap around on tomoorows paper

Percy Johnson to ride the boundry.

in my dreams

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12744

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Colts should be a good game with 2nd v 3rd. Still not happy that it has to be on a Friday night. EF by 1pt.

Ressies will be interesting with South playing a lot better than what they have been in previous seasons. EF by 20pts.

In the league I think that would have to be the worst side SF have fielded in a very long time. Tighe looks like the only winning position on the field. EF by 10+ goals.

Crowd: 3500.
BOG: Sutcliffe

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12746

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Where's Monaco boys?

Seemed like he did well last week in his debut but not listed at all this week?

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12766

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
he wasn't listed last week from memory rock and played......

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12789

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
The only thing that can save us today is a huge fight before the opening bounce old style. Light the fuse, get the crowd involved and show a bit of spirit. An all in, a big donnybrook.

Colts should be on right now, stupid it is by itself against the Freo game!! Dumb.

Ressies should be close and league a BLOODBATH.

Just what I have heard on the street fellas =)

Go dogs, have a friggen crack today for the whole 4 quarters. Get some run and attack!
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12805

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh well predictable in the end a 5 goal defeat. This is now embarrassing, I honestly do not know when our first win will come,

About 4000 there today , not bad I guess...biggest crowd of the year.

Derby 10 years 11 months ago #12826

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Well, fancy hitting the front in the first 3 minutes of the 3rd quarter when we slammed on 2 very quick goals AND THEN we don't score another goal?? Seriously as the kids say today WTF??

The last quarter in particullar was a coaching disgrace. We had the ball across half back and through the middle for 75% of the quarter because when we looked up we had friggen NO ONE to give it to. Seriously at one point there was 6 EF backman, lined in 2 rows waiting for our hurried kick. No wonder we handballed the fock out of the burley today, no one was far enough away to kick it to them.

Banner, Cook and Miller got heaps of the ball but were they really damaging?? No. Why??, coz they have no faith in Gumby, (2 kicks for the game) and Gillespie (who looks great and is mobile and gets his hands to the ball but just cant quite mark the focken thing.)

The backline held up well under a barrage in the last half. Borovac, McIntosh, Gulley and Maskos did a good job and kept the main EF forwards relatively under check. Not bad for 4 blokes who were playing colts 1, 2 and 3 years ago.

Again friggen O'Brien and McGough killed us in the middle wandering around as though they had the plague and not a soul near them all day. These blokes aren't quick (add Hadley too that group) but we can't seem to catch them.

Quite obvious that the midfield will only run in one direction and really struggle with fitness. Evident in all games midway through the 3rd quarter so far. TERRIBLE!!

No good having 3 blokes rack up the possessions week after week and get rolled at the same time. Grima, Admas, Mitch Carter have not shown anywhere near the skill needed to become a vital member of the side. Disappointing all of them again today.

To be honest, we don't get much better. Saunders, McCarrey, Gugliamana and Bewick are the only ones not playing right now who would get a league game. 2 would straighten us up and the other 2 would offer some run but all clubs have 3-5 players out right now. No excuse.

Umps had a shocking 2nd half too. 13 straight free kicks to EF?? Some were there, some weren't. Obvious ones too.

The only positive was that EF weren't that impressive either, or accurate in the 3 rd qu. 3.7 or something like that?? Should have been 7.3 easily and we should have lost by 8 goals plus.

Mr Hasleby needs to insist on quick kicks from congested areas, a suitable zone that they actually adhere to from kick ins and a forward structure that holds firm every now and again.

What I saw tonight for the last hour was an embarrassment and very un SF like.

Ressies well done on a good solid win. Matera, Monaco, Lynch, Verrier and Lowrie must be all pushing for a spot now after another good game.

Gona be a long long weekend.
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 409 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020