OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 176 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Bogtrotter
  • fisherman
  • Footytragic
  • inside50
  • FootyBrain
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...

TOPIC: Annual Report - Dismal Reading

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139395

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6300
  • Thank you received: 486
The Sponsors bailing are mounting up, and that's not to mention what the lower level operations are doing at club level, my guess is they are shuffling away down the laneway and nobody is walking back up it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139397

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6300
  • Thank you received: 486
Also I see EFFC made 8K profit

But their members are bailing as well.

$94k last year down to $77k this year in subs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139398

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2022
  • Thank you received: 116
Not sure how many previous major sponsors at Souths? According to the website there is currently 5 major sponsors. Not sure the number of minor ones? Hope new sponsors replace the ones that have gone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139400

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6300
  • Thank you received: 486

westaussieguy wrote: Not sure how many previous major sponsors at Souths? According to the website there is currently 5 major sponsors. Not sure the number of minor ones? Hope new sponsors replace the ones that have gone?


Well the presidents report wasn't really encouraging , it was like we are about where we were last year, but only just on marketing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139407

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5366
  • Thank you received: 578
One can hypothesise quite reasonably that the excising of the colts' competition from the WAFL club is the first stage of ensuring jobs for the WAFC after the WAFL clubs have folded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139442

  • oobisoobi
  • oobisoobi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 159
  • Thank you received: 21
Members bailing across the board, subi have over 500 less members than 5 years ago and that's after playing in 4 succesive GFs. There is a "whats the point?' factor now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139444

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5366
  • Thank you received: 578

oobisoobi wrote: Members bailing across the board, subi have over 500 less members than 5 years ago and that's after playing in 4 succesive GFs. There is a "whats the point?' factor now.


Let me pose some hypotheticals:

G6 WAFL clubs' supporters are deserting because they know their club has no hope
Subi supporters are: bored at winning virtually every qualifying game and disillusioned they don't win every GF
East Perth supporters are deserting because they don't have a club anymore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by swan42.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 2 weeks ago #139449

  • Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignment is PISH
  • Posts: 3263
  • Thank you received: 506
I'm a paid up member usually take the top dollar package that puts a couple of hunji into the coffers - what I have learnt is that no club official is allowed to say anything against the AFL brand , there can be no direct competition against the AFL brand & there can be nothing that in any way or form diminishes the AFL brand

Now the last time I checked there is a LAW in this country that forbids closed trading or uncompetitive conduct that removes any meaningful right to trade or operate fairly

So given this Fair Trade Law regulation in Australia - why is some dogshit Victorian "competition" preventing a state league from operating the same way it has for more than 125 years even though it has raped it's talent and even revenue (remembering that in the very first expansion this state paid for their clubs to travel west) relentlessly ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How good were the days of T.I , Benny , Maurie , Noel , Rod , Basil , P.Vas , Bausko , Obie , Morls , Joey Mac , Mounty , big Del , Moyls , Browny etc etc etc .... the torps , the biff , the pride of the state.
The Duckworths , Peakes , Nowotnys , Krakouers ,Mossys , Bouchers , Wileys , Budgies too

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 1 week ago #139893

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6300
  • Thank you received: 486

Southerner wrote: I'm a paid up member usually take the top dollar package that puts a couple of hunji into the coffers - what I have learnt is that no club official is allowed to say anything against the AFL brand , there can be no direct competition against the AFL brand & there can be nothing that in any way or form diminishes the AFL brand

Now the last time I checked there is a LAW in this country that forbids closed trading or uncompetitive conduct that removes any meaningful right to trade or operate fairly

So given this Fair Trade Law regulation in Australia - why is some dogshit Victorian "competition" preventing a state league from operating the same way it has for more than 125 years even though it has raped it's talent and even revenue (remembering that in the very first expansion this state paid for their clubs to travel west) relentlessly ???


I think you are referring to the TPA or at a state Level the Fair Trading Act.,

All that would be fine except the entity that owns the two local AFL Franchises also happens to own the State League, so they would be suing themselves in effect, its not the AFL that's deciding what is done locally its the WAFC not wanting to crowd the market for the shockers and budgies, it all about them keeping the cash flowing in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 5 months 1 week ago #139894

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6300
  • Thank you received: 486

oobisoobi wrote: Members bailing across the board, subi have over 500 less members than 5 years ago and that's after playing in 4 succesive GFs. There is a "whats the point?' factor now.


Yep , I had a read of your membership figures, its bleak reading.
tbh its across the board, it doesn't help the average WAFL fan or what is left of them is a ageing demographic, most are well past their prime for sitting out in the cold on a Saturday arvo.
We have missed the boat or maybe we a slim window to really make some big changes and break away from the WAFC, but I see no sign of that under the current admin, what I see is a collection of lame desperate complaint clubs going with the flow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Southerner
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags