Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139395

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
The Sponsors bailing are mounting up, and that's not to mention what the lower level operations are doing at club level, my guess is they are shuffling away down the laneway and nobody is walking back up it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139397

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Also I see EFFC made 8K profit

But their members are bailing as well.

$94k last year down to $77k this year in subs.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139398

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Not sure how many previous major sponsors at Souths? According to the website there is currently 5 major sponsors. Not sure the number of minor ones? Hope new sponsors replace the ones that have gone?

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139400

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: Not sure how many previous major sponsors at Souths? According to the website there is currently 5 major sponsors. Not sure the number of minor ones? Hope new sponsors replace the ones that have gone?

Well the presidents report wasn't really encouraging , it was like we are about where we were last year, but only just on marketing.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139407

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
One can hypothesise quite reasonably that the excising of the colts' competition from the WAFL club is the first stage of ensuring jobs for the WAFC after the WAFL clubs have folded.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139442

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Members bailing across the board, subi have over 500 less members than 5 years ago and that's after playing in 4 succesive GFs. There is a "whats the point?' factor now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139444

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

oobisoobi wrote: Members bailing across the board, subi have over 500 less members than 5 years ago and that's after playing in 4 succesive GFs. There is a "whats the point?' factor now.

Let me pose some hypotheticals:

G6 WAFL clubs' supporters are deserting because they know their club has no hope
Subi supporters are: bored at winning virtually every qualifying game and disillusioned they don't win every GF
East Perth supporters are deserting because they don't have a club anymore

Last edit: by swan42.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139449

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
I'm a paid up member usually take the top dollar package that puts a couple of hunji into the coffers - what I have learnt is that no club official is allowed to say anything against the AFL brand , there can be no direct competition against the AFL brand & there can be nothing that in any way or form diminishes the AFL brand

Now the last time I checked there is a LAW in this country that forbids closed trading or uncompetitive conduct that removes any meaningful right to trade or operate fairly

So given this Fair Trade Law regulation in Australia - why is some dogshit Victorian "competition" preventing a state league from operating the same way it has for more than 125 years even though it has raped it's talent and even revenue (remembering that in the very first expansion this state paid for their clubs to travel west) relentlessly ???

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139893

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: I'm a paid up member usually take the top dollar package that puts a couple of hunji into the coffers - what I have learnt is that no club official is allowed to say anything against the AFL brand , there can be no direct competition against the AFL brand & there can be nothing that in any way or form diminishes the AFL brand

Now the last time I checked there is a LAW in this country that forbids closed trading or uncompetitive conduct that removes any meaningful right to trade or operate fairly

So given this Fair Trade Law regulation in Australia - why is some dogshit Victorian "competition" preventing a state league from operating the same way it has for more than 125 years even though it has raped it's talent and even revenue (remembering that in the very first expansion this state paid for their clubs to travel west) relentlessly ???

I think you are referring to the TPA or at a state Level the Fair Trading Act.,

All that would be fine except the entity that owns the two local AFL Franchises also happens to own the State League, so they would be suing themselves in effect, its not the AFL that's deciding what is done locally its the WAFC not wanting to crowd the market for the shockers and budgies, it all about them keeping the cash flowing in.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 3 months ago #139894

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

oobisoobi wrote: Members bailing across the board, subi have over 500 less members than 5 years ago and that's after playing in 4 succesive GFs. There is a "whats the point?' factor now.

Yep , I had a read of your membership figures, its bleak reading.
tbh its across the board, it doesn't help the average WAFL fan or what is left of them is a ageing demographic, most are well past their prime for sitting out in the cold on a Saturday arvo.
We have missed the boat or maybe we a slim window to really make some big changes and break away from the WAFC, but I see no sign of that under the current admin, what I see is a collection of lame desperate complaint clubs going with the flow.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 367 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma