Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139371

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Main Points

Loss of $50k but with add back a cash profit of $4k;

Bar Down from $479k to $471k turn over;

Lost of $3.5 K from closed TAB Rev;

Bar Wages up $19K; (I put this down to playing on Sundays and Public Holidays Good Friday - Penalty Rates are through the roof, piss poor crowds don’t justify it and drinkers down)

Football Revenues only covered 75.5% of Football Costs (cost money playing finals);

Membership down $12K;

Gate down $30.5K; ( even in a good year people are bailing on the club due to alignment )

All in all,, a bleak picture!

Also

Strom has resigned from the Board and Capolingua has quit as Treasurer after about 20 odd years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139372

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The drop in membership would indicate we have lost about 140-150 members.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139373

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
costs money competing with Subi, the money to pay decent players has to come from somewhere in your books.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139374

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Surprised a loss of members considering SF side looks good on paper and played good footy this year and last year.....can understand if you were getting hammered ....but you are not.....sign of the times I guess with folk losing interest in the WAFL bit by bit

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139375

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
It's a contaminated competition & it's showing everywhere mate - not just at South

Not being biased but we've got one of the best lists and have no chance in September due to the above - Subiaco the same despite finishing clear on top last year , it just didn't matter a fark at the vinegar stroke the way this comp is being governed

Our only hope into the future is using the Oval for economics via the community

Everyone is right this comp is doomed now - it's a fact & we're counting down the days , this year's "colts comp" is the very beginning of the last rites

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139381

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I am surprised about this, I thought that South's was one of the better run clubs in a great location that's got a lot of good things going for it, maybe it's got something to do with the Dockers moving to Cockburn? Dunno.

I would dare say most WAFL clubs would be running at a loss these days the G7 clubs that is.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139382

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Bazza wrote: Main Points

Loss of $50k but with add back a cash profit of $4k;

Bar Down from $479k to $471k turn over;

Lost of $3.5 K from closed TAB Rev;

Bar Wages up $19K; (I put this down to playing on Sundays and Public Holidays Good Friday - Penalty Rates are through the roof, piss poor crowds don’t justify it and drinkers down)

Football Revenues only covered 75.5% of Football Costs (cost money playing finals);

Membership down $12K;

Gate down $30.5K; ( even in a good year people are bailing on the club due to alignment )

All in all,, a bleak picture!

Also

Strom has resigned from the Board and Capolingua has quit as Treasurer after about 20 odd years.

Strom has been battling with ill health and Sal needs to move on 20 years really.....

As you and other posters rightly point out the competition is seriously farked..it has lost the attraction and interest of most of the traditional WAFL followers...

We may as well start planning to join the WAAFL A Grade comp because that is where we are heading:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139386

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: Surprised a loss of members considering SF side looks good on paper and played good footy this year and last year.....can understand if you were getting hammered ....but you are not.....sign of the times I guess with folk losing interest in the WAFL bit by bit

I'm not Freeze, the lack of numbers was obvious this year, around 150 members have walked away either kicked the bucket or more likely are just not interested anymore. Even in a "good' season they are bailing as the alignment and time takes it toll.

They printed a VALE Section, fair dinkum it was about half a page, people involved in WAFL are checking out in big numbers now.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139389

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: It's a contaminated competition & it's showing everywhere mate - not just at South

Not being biased but we've got one of the best lists and have no chance in September due to the above - Subiaco the same despite finishing clear on top last year , it just didn't matter a fark at the vinegar stroke the way this comp is being governed

Our only hope into the future is using the Oval for economics via the community

Everyone is right this comp is doomed now - it's a fact & we're counting down the days , this year's "colts comp" is the very beginning of the last rites

Yep, only hope is some form of economic development of the oval as a survival means, the comp as we know it will not exist, sponsors are going to be a huge issue going forward.

Annual Report - Dismal Reading 6 years 4 months ago #139392

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
Speaking of sponsors -
I downloaded the shiny WAFL dossier in the qualification "changes" last night & one thing I've noticed was that AHG has ceased it's support to the league
Went over to East Perth's site & it looks to be gone from there too - they've pulled out of footy I'd guess

Last edit: by Southerner.
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 447 guests and 3 members online

• BC
  • Sand Surfer

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes