Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135054

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
I felt this year we could have made a real run for the GF and The Flag.
It was disappointing to go out early, but as I posted earlier I don't think finishing 2nd did us any favours coming up against a loaded Peel side first up. That was really the finals campaign done in reality.
We along with Subiaco dominated the home and away and the gap between the top two and the rest was massive, evident by the demolition of SDFC in the finals. The alignment dealt the campaign a massive blow in a nutshell.
I thought several players had outstanding seasons, Hayden obviously a stand out and well done on the Sandover.
Overall its been a very good year for the club, the League as stated was one of two stand outs in the home and away finished, won a final but just didn't have enough to get over the best team in the comp when it counted, Plus we collected a Sandover on the way - Our Reserves - outstanding and went directly through to the GF, I am confident they will bring home a flag for us.
Colts the only real downer, under performed by the clubs high standards in that grade, but I am sure with a refreshed crop of players that will be turned around next year.
Next year is the big question, I think we will lose a few Hams will probably hang the boots up and will be a huge loss., plus a star of two via the draft.
I have a feeling this year was the one we had to make an impact, next year it could be back to the drawing board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135065

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Yes mate...Souths should feel proud of what they achieved this year and brought along a few young blokes as well. You should be in the GF this week in place of Peel so I can understand your disappointment and being aggrieved by the alignment farce. Congrats to Schloithe...I think he's a good chance to get picked up in the rookie draft along with Kelly. I only hope they finish up at a non-WA team for your sakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, Dwert

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135066

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

anchorman wrote: I have to say I was disappointed that Souths were beaten on Sunday by Subi. But they never threw the towel i.They fought right to the finish.Got within 16 points in the last quarter, but just couldn't go on with it.Subi were just a little too polished and to me seemed to have more mature bodies.
interesting to listen to the commentators saying that they thought Haiden Schloithe was a chance to be picked up by an AFL club.They also mentioned one other player who I am not sure who he is.
Does any one think that Schloithe is a chance to go to the AFL?
I guess winning the Sandover tonight wont do his chances any harm.Well done Haiden

The finish was expected Anchor.

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135067

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Congrats to Scooter & TK in finishing 1 & 2 in the Sandover. The most consistent players this season in the comp. Now the scavengers will swoop.

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135117

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Bazza wrote: I felt this year we could have made a real run for the GF and The Flag.
It was disappointing to go out early, but as I posted earlier I don't think finishing 2nd did us any favours coming up against a loaded Peel side first up. That was really the finals campaign done in reality.
We along with Subiaco dominated the home and away and the gap between the top two and the rest was massive, evident by the demolition of SDFC in the finals. The alignment dealt the campaign a massive blow in a nutshell.
I thought several players had outstanding seasons, Hayden obviously a stand out and well done on the Sandover.
Overall its been a very good year for the club, the League as stated was one of two stand outs in the home and away finished, won a final but just didn't have enough to get over the best team in the comp when it counted, Plus we collected a Sandover on the way - Our Reserves - outstanding and went directly through to the GF, I am confident they will bring home a flag for us.
Colts the only real downer, under performed by the clubs high standards in that grade, but I am sure with a refreshed crop of players that will be turned around next year.
Next year is the big question, I think we will lose a few Hams will probably hang the boots up and will be a huge loss., plus a star of two via the draft.
I have a feeling this year was the one we had to make an impact, next year it could be back to the drawing board.

Most important that the club reviews the season comprehensively and look at areas that we can always improve on.

We will lose players to retirement (Hams, Cook possibly?) and draft (possibly Schloithe and Kelly) Most important that the club re sign's all required players and review the list extensively to look at areas to improve it. The Coach made some strong statements about our list not being anywhere near as good as the Subiaco's and Fremantle Reserves so time to put your head down TC and look at the areas of need and make sure you recruit the right players..
The younger group are very promising and I see lots to look forward to in the coming year/s although they will need experience and quality around them to allow them to develop and grow. Players such Donaldson , Russell , Pearson , Florenca , Dragovich and Parker all got a taste this year and will need to take their games to another level next year. The other youngsters that are promising and will be important for the club moving forward are N Strom , Collard , Datson , Bourke , Ah Sui , Dzebelezich (sorry for the spelling Dezzy) along with a number of reasonable 19 year olds from our group this year. All up I remain positive our list will be ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135129

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Read some where Frankston now back in the VFL will be going hard for ex players....thus Hockey might be lured home.....sounds like you guys have depth to replace these boys....that leading goal kicker in SF reserves must be wondering where in SF current forward line is their spot for him...Saunders, Shaw, D'Ollio and Johnson....aint going any where soon surely?....

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135139

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

Freezin wrote: Read some where Frankston now back in the VFL will be going hard for ex players....thus Hockey might be lured home.....sounds like you guys have depth to replace these boys....that leading goal kicker in SF reserves must be wondering where in SF current forward line is their spot for him...Saunders, Shaw, D'Ollio and Johnson....aint going any where soon surely?....

Big Dezzy is fine mate , you guys would not have room for him and Jesse Mirco.
I thought Johnson was pigeon holed a bit this year He seemed to a permanent forward I think he has the potential to play a little midfield. Hockey is an interesting one, Cooky and Hocks are good mates and it could depend on what he does next year.

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135143

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dwert wrote:

Freezin wrote: Read some where Frankston now back in the VFL will be going hard for ex players....thus Hockey might be lured home.....sounds like you guys have depth to replace these boys....that leading goal kicker in SF reserves must be wondering where in SF current forward line is their spot for him...Saunders, Shaw, D'Ollio and Johnson....aint going any where soon surely?....

I thought Johnson was pigeon holed a bit this year He seemed to a permanent forward I think he has the potential to play a little midfield. Hockey is an interesting one, Cooky and Hocks are good mates and it could depend on what he does next year.

I can't seem to find my post: how would you rate Pulman's season?

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135154

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

swan42 wrote:

Dwert wrote:

He had a few reasonable games but his form toward the end of the year tapered off and he had terrible game V Freo in the first final. In hindsight he would have been the ideal match up for Stephenson on the weekend. He will play in the Reserves GF on the weekend.

Disappointing finish. 6 years 6 months ago #135157

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dwert wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dwert wrote:

He had a few reasonable games but his form toward the end of the year tapered off and he had terrible game V Freo in the first final. In hindsight he would have been the ideal match up for Stephenson on the weekend. He will play in the Reserves GF on the weekend.

Thanks GTR.

• Page:
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 363 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes