Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134423

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
A Message from the CEO

Dear Members,
After a very good performance on Sunday in the 1st Semi-Final, we have at least given ourselves a look at Grand Final day by winning our way to the Preliminary Final this week. Subiaco have been a high performance team for the majority of the last decade and have certainly been the stand out team this year, so we know we have a challenging game this week but are really confident that we have the firepower to win the game if we get it right.
I write to you on the back of some vocal opposition to the Fremantle Dockers aligned Peel Thunder Football Club (PTFC) and the talk of supporters boycotting the WAFL Grand Final. Firstly, the ruling around PTFC being able to field a maximum of 15 Fremantle Dockers players in the WAFL finals series is not a new one. We have known about the rule for the best part of 12 months and whether we all agree with or not, it is the rule as it stands in 2017 and our players won’t use this as an excuse for last week’s Qualifying Final loss.
Once the season is over the 9 WAFL clubs, along with the WAFC, will review the Partnering/Alignment Model and make any recommended changes. This particular rule will be looked at closely as the WAFL cannot afford to have traditional supporters not attend games if they believe the competition to be contrived. I know that many people believe that to be the case currently.
The other part of that is by boycotting the WAFL Grand Final, the 5 teams that made the finals will be financially disadvantaged. To give you a quick overview of how the finals are run, the WAFC manage the attendance gates for each finals game, with the total income pooled and split between the 5 finalists (after expenses). As South Fremantle is obviously one of those finalists to receive a proportion of pool, we ask that you attend both this week and the Grand Final, and support the last ever game on Subiaco Oval on Sunday September 24th.
Our Reserves team were terrific on Sunday and have won their way directly into the Grand Final, so regardless of this weekend’s results, we have every reason to get along to Subiaco Oval in Red & White on Grand Final day.
Thanks to each of you for supporting our great club.
Best Wishes,
Tom Bottrell - CEO
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134425

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
interesting message....at least it's something and gives a bit of an explanation which is more than my club has come out with although it would have been good if he was a bit stronger in his criticism. to those supporters who do boycott the GF out of principle, why not donate your $10 entry direct to SFFC? that way the club doesn't miss out and gets the entire fee instead of 1/5 and you've made your point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, ArkRoyal

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134426

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Baz: quite -- there is no point in South or any of the clubs harmming their interests with a boycott of the grand final.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134427

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
I agree mate, if south get in all supporters should go.

anyone up for a anti WAFC protest sign?

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134428

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Interesting message from Tom Bottrell. Agree BC feather duster criticism of the arrangement and WAFC.
Why the explanation now after the horse had bolted sometime ago? Maybe an explanation of how the WAFC coerced the WAFL into accepting this ridiculous agreement might be in order Tom. Or have you made a pact with the devil too?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, ArkRoyal

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134429

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Now i know the my money will be supporting Subi regardless if they are in the final i definitely won't be attending :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134430

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I wonder if Tom can cast his mind back to the year 1999 when South Fremantle were the "Alignment" club for the Dorkers and my beloved West Perth had to play them in the Grand Final with 17 AFL listed players or there abouts, I don't remember any complaining from the South's supporters back then..

Some people have very very short memories don't they!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134432

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Falcon wrote: I wonder if Tom can cast his mind back to the year 1999 when South Fremantle were the "Alignment" club for the Dorkers and my beloved West Perth had to play them in the Grand Final with 17 AFL listed players or there abouts, I don't remember any complaining from the South's supporters back then..

Some people have very very short memories don't they!

I made a personal protest Falcon , I walked away from the club in disgust for what they chose to do...I am sure I wasn't the only one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Falcon, ArkRoyal

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134433

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The best way to describe his comments are pathetic and insipid. As to the motivation, and not trying to be provocative, I suspect that it is a response to South Freo's poor support at Fremantle Oval where the Swans' supporters clearly and significantly outnumbered the South Freo supporters.

Personally I won't be attending the GF though my preferred winner of the GF is South Fremantle.

With respect to any likely changes that are to be made they will only be cosmetic at best.

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134438

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Falcon -- South supporters did complain -- by the way WP was genuinely heoric that year. Swan 42 has been right about the alignment and all of its ramificatiooins -- they forced it down the people's throat's when the clubs vetoed the two exta teams.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 739 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric