Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133135

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: I watched the game and thought the SF we have seen all year just didn't show up. Freo ressies didn't play that well. I reckon the SF lads might be a little disappointed in their efforts today. Having said all that it's still ridiculous they have to play against half an AFL side. The smug Cam Sheperd we see in Sept months was back on display today. Seriously the bloke couldn't coach a sly fart in to position then come Sept thinks he's bloody Jock McHale:huh:

DW we were awful last year, yet we were able to beat the real Peel last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133142

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I have done my money on South barring a miracle. I thought South played below par if your being realistic. Good in the last quarter almost pinched it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133145

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

swan42 wrote:

Plus1 wrote: I agree, shit game to watch I thought, couldnt see any of sf flair except for 5min in last. Peel play shit football just like freo boring to watch 90 percent of the time. Also they should have sung the Dockers song as most couldnt give a f#$% about peel.

I watched most of the second half. The camerawork and commentary from channel 7 was abysmal.

Have rarely watched Ch7 since they took over as I am normally at the footy but they must put the work experience cameramen on the job for the WAFL coverage....and do REIWA believe Claremont are the only club in the WAFL with their advertisements?

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133152

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Freezin wrote:

BC wrote: freez...a big difference between ex-AFL and current AFL.. One group works full time and plays as a semi professional whereas the other group only does footy and is provided with world class support teams.

Yep completely understand BC...but sport has a huge mental component to it and tell me what is those AFL guys motivation or loyalty to Peels cause compared to SF boys.....yep understand physically Peels Freo boys may be better physically prepared.....but on pure footballing ability there is nothing between a Taberner or Shaw...a Johnson or DeLuca....a Collins or Wilson.....Hockey or Suban?.....one would think SF players are mentally more motivated and physically hardened than Peel's aligned boys.....everyone says hit them hard early and see them crack mentally....surely with all Freo's resources these boys would surely run faster,further and for longer to prevent that tactic from working.....they don't though.....just dont buy into this argument Freo's professionals have more time to recovery and prepare v SF semi professionals....surely the amount of training,weights etc they do is far more strenuous than what SF players do....wouldnt that be negatively phyisically taxing on Freo's guys esp the younger guys?...SF season is only just starting whilst Freo season is done...so surely SF have the mental motivational advantage over Freo's Peel boys too....ditto for Subi too.....

freez...I think the Steinlager has finally got to you mate....SF boys trudge off to work on Monday and put in an 8 hour shift doing whatever....FART goes to world class facilities at Cockburn and start preparing for next weekends game aided by a bevy of support staff. As for motivation, quite a few of them are playing for their futures as a poor showing for FART could have a detrimental effect on whether they get new contracts or not. it's not a level playing field to have a team with 15 professionals against a team of semi-professionals. how do you explain a 52 point turnaround from last weekends game SF v Peel to today? South's lack of mental application or the injection of 9 full time footballers most of which have been playing AFL for the second half of the year? I know which one I lean towards.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133157

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote:

Freezin wrote:

BC wrote: freez...a big difference between ex-AFL and current AFL.. One group works full time and plays as a semi professional whereas the other group only does footy and is provided with world class support teams.

Yep completely understand BC...but sport has a huge mental component to it and tell me what is those AFL guys motivation or loyalty to Peels cause compared to SF boys.....yep understand physically Peels Freo boys may be better physically prepared.....but on pure footballing ability there is nothing between a Taberner or Shaw...a Johnson or DeLuca....a Collins or Wilson.....Hockey or Suban?.....one would think SF players are mentally more motivated and physically hardened than Peel's aligned boys.....everyone says hit them hard early and see them crack mentally....surely with all Freo's resources these boys would surely run faster,further and for longer to prevent that tactic from working.....they don't though.....just dont buy into this argument Freo's professionals have more time to recovery and prepare v SF semi professionals....surely the amount of training,weights etc they do is far more strenuous than what SF players do....wouldnt that be negatively phyisically taxing on Freo's guys esp the younger guys?...SF season is only just starting whilst Freo season is done...so surely SF have the mental motivational advantage over Freo's Peel boys too....ditto for Subi too.....

freez...I think the Steinlager has finally got to you mate....SF boys trudge off to work on Monday and put in an 8 hour shift doing whatever....FART goes to world class facilities at Cockburn and start preparing for next weekends game aided by a bevy of support staff. As for motivation, quite a few of them are playing for their futures as a poor showing for FART could have a detrimental effect on whether they get new contracts or not. it's not a level playing field to have a team with 15 professionals against a team of semi-professionals. how do you explain a 52 point turnaround from last weekends game SF v Peel to today? South's lack of mental application or the injection of 9 full time footballers most of which have been playing AFL for the second half of the year? I know which one I lean towards.

And you're mob are favourites next week, great comp eh.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133159

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
really PN? souths were favourites today and look what happened. I think we'll lose as injuries have hit at the wrong time and 15 full time professionals have landed at the right time for FART

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133162

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
The Peel and Subi salary caps will be similar at least.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133163

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Bc -- the good thing is we will get two goes at Peel this time around. SF need to make sure their midefield kicks the to position by actually leading towards the player with the ball.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133164

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: The Peel and Subi salary caps will be similar at least.

I believe you forgot to mention East Perth in the above.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133166

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
BC like I said I hear what u r saying, but who besides Sheridan, Sutcliffe and Suban are fighting for their Freo careers?.....surely the likes of Kelly, Schloithe, Garlett and Pickett are showcasing their potential AFL careers?.....yeah professional sports folk will be better prepared than semi professionals....but some of those professional bodies are 19,20,21 years of age still adjusting to the demands of professional sport.....just think it aint so black n white as people think.....when Peel lose folk say the professional boys are physically soft and mentally lack heart....yet when Peel win those same professional folk are physically n mentally better off because they have all week to rest and access to better facilities.....which one is it?....

you read lots of stories about these professional young guys getting bored and lose interest with more free time on their hands.....works both ways.....anyway would be interested in knowing how many SF guys have hard yakka physically taxing jobs and which ones have sedentary jobs....being bored is just as tiresome as being busy one would think

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 583 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric