Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #132973

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Fullbacks
23 J Pullman 30 B Wilson 17 S Edwards
Halfbacks
37 A Hams 11 S Verrier 7 A Mcintosh
Centres
32 R Cook 1 H Schloithe 12 J Garlett
Half-forwards
3 C Dell-Olio 22 M Shaw 20 B Johnson
Full-forwards
26 T Vandeleur 24 B Saunders 9 S Hockey
Ruck
18 B Higgins 8 T Kelly 21 D Main

Interchange From:
43 C Pearson, 14 Z Strom, 6 S Bewick, 33 J Maskos, 34 M Parker, 25 M Pickett, 31 J Florenca.

In:
33 J Maskos, 25 M Pickett, 31 J Florenca,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Southerner.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #132974

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Three additions and a big Bonus with Higgo included in the line-up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #132979

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Looks about as strong a team we can put out Gents.
No excuses we are in good form , on our home deck. Game on.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #132985

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Freo side looks strong on paper best of luck
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #132986

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

DG wrote: Freo side looks strong on paper best of luck

Correct DG but not many games are won on paper mate. I am sure the lads are primed and ready to go.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #132990

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
That's good mate hopefully it will be a good game I might go for a look
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #133009

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Good luck boys...I hope you pump the pricks. I'd be hoping too that since Chunder won a flag last year the umpies will be more inclined to make it a fair contest rather than the 19 to 6 free kick count we got in last years GF. Clearly they were under instructions from the WAFC to do all they can to get Peel over the line to make the alignment appear successful. Subi received 1 free kick after qtr time which imo is testament to that theory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #133013

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
I will attempt to put my case forward on why I believe we are a chance to beat the Fremantle Reserves Team tommorow.

To win most games of football you need an even spread of contributions from the team. You will need your A Graders and in our case I put Schloithe , Kelly , Hockey and Hams into that category to have solid games and continue to do what they have done for most of the year. Play well and lead from the front. You can be assurred that one of the Fremantle taggers will play on all or a few of those lads.
We need the other players who might be thrown into the midfield mix to have strong games and I talk about Main ,Cook, Garlett , S Verrier , Bewick , Parker , Florenca and Pickett if he goes in to give Higgo a helping hand?
Our defenders will need to restrict their fwds to average performances and a target of keeping the oppo to under 12 goals should IMO go a long way to helping us to success. They will be reliant upon the midfield having control and controlling the supply and how it is delivered to FARTS potent forward line. If the midfield and forwards do not address the defensive pressure on FARTS defence and mids we will get carved up big time, the experience and skill of the AFL brigade will dominate.
Our forward line will have a huge impact on the outcome of the game as everyone has highlighted our talent and potency and FART will have a number of our fwds pegged to nullify their impact on the game. The secret will be to give each space and the delivery to them will need to be to their advantage by our mids. We need to have a even spread of goalkickers from our fwds and midfielders we need to kick 18 plus goals and take every opportunity to maintain score board pressure on FART.
Finally our general approach needs to be as it has been all year play hard aggressively and win the contested ball and then play our style. If FART have the ball they need to be closed down quickly and crunched with hard relentless tackling pressure.
That's the best that I can up with lads , we need a little lady luck to go our way and bob's your uncle , easy :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #133014

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
mate...I agree....if you're going to win it then it'll be through the midfield. FART don't have Blakely, De Boer, Mzungu and co this year and you have some serious quality running through the middle. Schloithe, Kelly, Hockey, Garlett will match anything Freo throw up so that's where you need to get an ascendancy. Win it in the middle, have your defenders lock down the likes of Taberner and his mates and your offence will take care of itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 6 months ago #133032

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
The slowish start and mid game battle last week concerns me, we only really got ontop late in that game, yes we ran away with it and yes it was away, but this week concerns me,, last weeks team was considerably weaker, in come 6 influential players that had they played last week would of well and truly turn the mid game struggle into a commanding lead.
the midfield battle really concerns me, I'm not sure we will have enough grunt there to match this side going on last week, as you say Dwert a good bag of goals will be needed - the spread will have to be good, but will it get down there enough?
Hoping I am wrong - would love to see the mob pumped.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 274 guests and one member online

• Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977