OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 153 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Bogtrotter
  • fisherman
  • Footytragic
  • inside50
  • FootyBrain
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...

TOPIC: Contenders or Pretenders?

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130818

  • Dwert
  • Dwert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 969
  • Thank you received: 229
With the club having this week off with the bye to re charge and refocus on the last round V Freo reserves I thought I might raise the question and am interested in the thoughts of others?

My thoughts:
we are good enough when we play our A game. Still think our team defence is questionable and will need to go to another level.
Forward line looks potent on paper if the supply from the midfield is constant
Midfield has plenty of firepower and options and are the vital cog to carrying us to finals success, Whether we can do it with only one ruckmen against the bigger bodied teams is debatable.

My concerns:
The teams seemingly collective psychological barrier to beating firstly defeating Freo 's reserves team and then eventually the Lions to claim finals success. Last year we exited in straight sets, will that experience be the motivation for the group to rise to another level?
Our record against the Lions in previous years is disgusting , we have been the constant whipping boys for them and will need to have some serious plans in place to turn the tables when we meet next.

Anyway interested in the thoughts of others as it is very quite on the forum at the moment...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130825

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4189
  • Thank you received: 550
mate...I believe South's are the real deal and at this stage of the season are probably more a chance to take the flag from WART and FART than Subi. We have a number of key players coming back from injury which is not ideal heading into finals. Souths on the other hand have shown that their A game is as good if not better than everyone else. You have a Rolls Royce midfield and potent attack but agree your defence will need to tighten up to stop the likes of Peel loaded up with Freo players. In my opinion Souths can go all the way but you guys and Subi will need to lift a couple of cogs to get over the Eagles and Dockers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130827

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5368
  • Thank you received: 579

BC wrote: mate...I believe South's are the real deal and at this stage of the season are probably more a chance to take the flag from WART and FART than Subi. We have a number of key players coming back from injury which is not ideal heading into finals. Souths on the other hand have shown that their A game is as good if not better than everyone else. You have a Rolls Royce midfield and potent attack but agree your defence will need to tighten up to stop the likes of Peel loaded up with Freo players. In my opinion Souths can go all the way but you guys and Subi will need to lift a couple of cogs to get over the Eagles and Dockers.


BC how many games have Subiaco won since their one and only loss this season?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130831

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4189
  • Thank you received: 550
as you well know 42 we've won 17...but that counts for nothing come finals time when playing against loaded up alignment teams. as I said in my previous, we're missing quite a few including our skipper and most important player and have others coming back from long term injury which isn't great at this time of year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130833

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5368
  • Thank you received: 579

BC wrote: as you well know 42 we've won 17...but that counts for nothing come finals time when playing against loaded up alignment teams. as I said in my previous, we're missing quite a few including our skipper and most important player and have others coming back from long term injury which isn't great at this time of year.


BC to keep this on topic and given that the order is likely to be at the end of the qualifying games: Subiaco, South Freo, "Peel", Swans/"East Perth" what are your predictions for all the finals matches?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by swan42.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130837

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4189
  • Thank you received: 550
that's very difficult to predict 42 as we don't know what the eagles and dockers reserves will look like. I think it's unlikely WCE will make the AFL finals which means all eligible players from both WCE and FFC will be available for WAFL finals. If that's the case then a WART/FART GF is a very real chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130838

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5368
  • Thank you received: 579

BC wrote: that's very difficult to predict 42 as we don't know what the eagles and dockers reserves will look like. I think it's unlikely WCE will make the AFL finals which means all eligible players from both WCE and FFC will be available for WAFL finals. If that's the case then a WART/FART GF is a very real chance.


Wouldn't that be a fitting end to Subiaco Oval? It would show what a farce the host club alignment is and how damaging to the integrity and competitiveness of he WAFL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130840

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4189
  • Thank you received: 550
yes agreed. how do you think it will pan out given the respective positions of the current top 5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130847

  • Singha
  • Singha's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 736
  • Thank you received: 68

BC wrote: yes agreed. how do you think it will pan out given the respective positions of the current top 5?

I'm praying for a non-aligned GF but the TFKAEP form and situation is daunting and looking all very familiar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 9 months 1 week ago #130848

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4189
  • Thank you received: 550
love your avatar there Singha....That brings back memories as I used to read the old Contact magazine religiously as a young bloke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Southerner
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags