Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130273

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Lets stay on topic gents if you want to talk crap about the personal views of the current Fremantle mayor take it elsewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130274

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Pettitt is on topic Dwert given he's agreed to paying the dockers $1.5m of ratepayers money for the admin building then promptly moves the council into it. I'm not sure how it can be any more on topic and he's a polarising figure so I think personal views are reasonable.

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130275

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
trying to get my head around how his personal views have got anything to do with the Fremantle council paying $1.5 million to the dockers to piss off?

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130294

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Senior Seagull wrote: Great thing that they have pissed off but I still don't understand why the Council/ratepayers had to fork out 1.5mill when it's Freo's decision to walk away from the lease? is that just for the building?
Also reading the article it sounds like Freo council will get going on the redevelopment but the ground sharing with the Gummies is deferred 5 years.

Because Pettit the clown caved in , two former mayors Tagilleferi and Utting are up in arms about the whole deal, both said they should never have paid a cent, The Dockers got the land for free and the council put money in for the construction of the building , Pettit backed down from a legal stoush after the dockers threatened them simple as that, dockers walked away from all their obligations including maintenance worth about 250k a year which they were obliged to under the lease and got paid for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130295

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
And now they have just moved into another council zone and have had all brand new facilities to the tune of $100 million paid for them yet again by taxpayers and ratepayers.....the gall of this mob is sickening!

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130303

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Great thing that they have pissed off but I still don't understand why the Council/ratepayers had to fork out 1.5mill when it's Freo's decision to walk away from the lease? is that just for the building?
Also reading the article it sounds like Freo council will get going on the redevelopment but the ground sharing with the Gummies is deferred 5 years.

Because Pettit the clown caved in , two former mayors Tagilleferi and Utting are up in arms about the whole deal, both said they should never have paid a cent, The Dockers got the land for free and the council put money in for the construction of the building , Pettit backed down from a legal stoush after the dockers threatened them simple as that, dockers walked away from all their obligations including maintenance worth about 250k a year which they were obliged to under the lease and got paid for it.

Three words....hit, nail, head Bazza. It's my understanding the Freo City Council provided interest free loans as well...so why Pettitt bent over to Rosich and co is a mystery.

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130307

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
I know Pettit is a DH but he's not the whole council, surely something as pivotal as this would have been voted on by the whole Council ... or did they ask Bronte in as a consulting dictator.

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130355

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

BC wrote: Pettitt is on topic Dwert given he's agreed to paying the dockers $1.5m of ratepayers money for the admin building then promptly moves the council into it. I'm not sure how it can be any more on topic and he's a polarising figure so I think personal views are reasonable.

Your facetious remark is not on topic. If anything avoiding wasting time and money on a legal stoush seems pragmatic. Not only that FCC has a temporary home. Whoever gave the Dockers the land for free and put council money in for the construction of the building are the plonkers.

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130369

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Senior Seagull wrote: I know Pettit is a DH but he's not the whole council, surely something as pivotal as this would have been voted on by the whole Council ... or did they ask Bronte in as a consulting dictator.

Pettit has the balance of Power on the council , most of the councillors are fellow Greens, there are some in opposition to him but not enough.
Hence the popular vote to move Australia Day

Dorkers officialy GAWN from Fremantle 6 years 8 months ago #130370

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ti Em wrote:

BC wrote: Pettitt is on topic Dwert given he's agreed to paying the dockers $1.5m of ratepayers money for the admin building then promptly moves the council into it. I'm not sure how it can be any more on topic and he's a polarising figure so I think personal views are reasonable.

Your facetious remark is not on topic. If anything avoiding wasting time and money on a legal stoush seems pragmatic. Not only that FCC has a temporary home. Whoever gave the Dockers the land for free and put council money in for the construction of the building are the plonkers.

They have been given the same free ride down in Cockburn - they are plonkers as well no doubt.

Give me a break.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1730 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric