Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122960

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Lets get the banter started on this top of the table clash...

Will give temporary bragging rights imo. Talk of premiership favourites are far too early to make.
As always between these two teams it will be fascinating midfield contest with the winner having the edge on the oppo in this area.

Edwards apparently had a cut arm/finger that required a week off he should come back into the team. This might put either Russell, Donaldson or Luff under the gun.

Our forwards have been effective in recent weeks , mind you they have recieved plenty of football from our mids , they must all have an impact on the game on the weekend.
The backs have been serviceable and a big effort is required from them to restrict a very dangerous Subi forward line that boasts the talents of the freak Ryan , Stephenson , Sokol etc.

Looking forward to the contest selection will be interesting for both sides...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122961

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Games between subi and Souths are generally great games with attacking, high scoring footy and plenty of skills on display. However I just can't stomach the head ducking of schloithe and Hams to be honest. Last year in one game I think schloithe got 5 frees in the first quarter from throwing himself onto the ground at any opportunity. Hopefully the umpires can ignore it and let us enjoy the game. I see schloithe is often in Souths best players this year so hopefully he is concentrating more on playing instead of playing for frees

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122962

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned

Singha wrote: Games between subi and Souths are generally great games with attacking, high scoring footy and plenty of skills on display. However I just can't stomach the head ducking of schloithe and Hams to be honest. Last year in one game I think schloithe got 5 frees in the first quarter from throwing himself onto the ground at any opportunity. Hopefully the umpires can ignore it and let us enjoy the game. I see schloithe is often in Souths best players this year so hopefully he is concentrating more on playing instead of playing for frees

Crap Singha from the WAFL website for your info... Round 7 2016 only received 3 free kicks
2nd Semi 2016 only received 3 free kicks??
I have also watched a majority of SF games this year and I can tell you the umps are watching this very closely and have in my opinion gone to the other extreme of not paying high contact on him when it has occurred. He is also in far better form than he was in last year..
Lets just stay positive and focus on the positives of the game and possible match ups....

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122972

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Might have Hamsy back this week , be good to have him up & possibly Zac Strom or Sol to help out in this one.
Defences probably going to have bigger say in this game

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122979

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

Dwert wrote:

Singha wrote: Games between subi and Souths are generally great games with attacking, high scoring footy and plenty of skills on display. However I just can't stomach the head ducking of schloithe and Hams to be honest. Last year in one game I think schloithe got 5 frees in the first quarter from throwing himself onto the ground at any opportunity. Hopefully the umpires can ignore it and let us enjoy the game. I see schloithe is often in Souths best players this year so hopefully he is concentrating more on playing instead of playing for frees

Crap Singha from the WAFL website for your info... Round 7 2016 only received 3 free kicks
I have also watched a majority of SF games this year and I can tell you the umps are watching this very closely and have in my opinion gone to the other extreme of not paying high contact on him when it has occurred. He is also in far better form than he was in last year..
Lets just stay positive and focus on the positives of the game and possible match ups....

Come on Dwert....you were the one saying lets get the banter started on this one ....LOL.....Singha just gettin things started mate.....reckon SF will have all of Subi's usual bases covered.....tho is Sokol playing for Subi on Sat?....or will it be Baileys turn this time....SF by 27

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122980

• Southrlegends
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Unless we are 100% committed for a full four quarters we will go down here :sick:

Had it fairly easy over the last few weeks despite some great efforts by EF and Perth, have had some big lapses of commitment and or concentration

Subi by 15 points

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122993

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Dwert wrote:

Yes mate, my wife has told me a million times not to exaggerate. If he only got 3 free kicks they were all in the first quarter. It funnily led to Kitchin at 1/4 time to implore his teammates to "just not touch the freaking albino". I was impressed with his game in the derby I watched on telly. Certainly can play

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122994

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Back to the game. I always think our defence is too small for the Souths big forwards. But they tend to get the job done. Will be a great clash of the midfielders. Subi generally expect to lose the ruck knocks so a big game in store for Delahunty and Wheeler to play as big midfielders. Liam Ryan is the X factor but if kept quiet hopefully Sokol can kick a lazy 7 again. Looking forward to seeing Tim Kelly after all the write ups and I would say Marlion Pickett is a favourite opposition player of mine. And ducker Hams has 'dogged' us for years. Bring it on

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #122995

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
BACKS: 33 J Maskos 40 C Luff 7 A Mcintosh
HALF-BACKS: 25 M Pickett 30 B Wilson 15 B Verrier
CENTRES: 32 R Cook 9 S Hockey 21 D Main
HALF-FORWARDS: 16 B Donaldson 22 M Shaw 20 B Johnson
FORWARDS: 3 C Dell-Olio 24 B Saunders 12 J Garlett
RUCK: 18 B Higgins 8 T Kelly 1 H Schloithe
INTERCHANGE FROM:
37 A Hams, 6 S Bewick, 2 J Dragovich, 14 Z Strom, 23 J Pullman, 38 K Russell, 34 M Parker
IN: 14 Z Strom, 37 A Hams, 34 M Parker

Could be a couple of changes here & all 3 inclusions might be in
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

2017- Round 9 Sub V SF Medibank Stadium 6 years 10 months ago #123019

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned

Freezin wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Come on Dwert....you were the one saying lets get the banter started on this one ....LOL.....Singha just gettin things started mate.....reckon SF will have all of Subi's usual bases covered.....tho is Sokol playing for Subi on Sat?....or will it be Baileys turn this time....SF by 27

Thanks Freez... Lets hope it's not one of those ex EF boys in Ryan , Lockyer or Hancock :ohmy:
Not sure what has happened with Bailey not named in ressies for the second consecutive week, I see Ned's boy is in the mix and Sokol will need to harnessed.

Russell and or Dragovich might under the gun for Hams. Edwards not named again this week.

Should be ripper.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 503 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes