Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

State Academy 2017 7 years 1 week ago #121531

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
www.wafootball.com.au/news/12251/deppro-...e-academy-1st-intake

very lean in numbers one in the 18s and two in the 16s
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southerner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

State Academy 2017 7 years 1 week ago #121542

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1198
Yes mate & we may face a year or two with lesser quality numbers
There are some who will be late developers and others more likely to be older aged recruits if at all.
An SFFC clinic/visit was held in the country a few weeks back so I'm hoping a few diamonds can be found outside the city

State Academy 2017 7 years 1 week ago #121553

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Southerner wrote: Yes mate & we may face a year or two with lesser quality numbers
There are some who will be late developers and others more likely to be older aged recruits if at all.
An SFFC clinic/visit was held in the country a few weeks back so I'm hoping a few diamonds can be found outside the city

Southerner my God are you suggesting that these things are cyclical in nature? Some years there are quality players coming through and some years the quality isn't as high. Surely, surely, surely what the real reason is that when there are equality players coming through it is because of the quality of the coaching and when they aren't as good it is because of the poor coaching. Of course, that is notwithstanding that they are the same people.

With Sumich and Micale and the TAC Cup style in 2018 we will provide the top 10 draft picks every year.

State Academy 2017 7 years 1 week ago #121572

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Getting back on track with the topic...
Agree it is cyclical to an extent, however the clubs district and our movement to a part time development coach with responsibilities to develop junior players and coaches in our District. The question I raise is are we getting bang for our buck? Should be a more consistent number of talented kids making elite state squads in my mind from our district the drop off is quite alarming..,

State Academy 2017 7 years 1 week ago #121579

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 925

swan42 wrote:

Southerner wrote: Yes mate & we may face a year or two with lesser quality numbers

Southerner my God are you suggesting that these things are cyclical in nature? Some years there are quality players coming through and some years the quality isn't as high. Surely, surely, surely what the real reason is that when there are equality players coming through it is because of the quality of the coaching and when they aren't as good it is because of the poor coaching. Of course, that is notwithstanding that they are the same people.

With Sumich and Micale and the TAC Cup style in 2018 we will provide the top 10 draft picks every year.

Pretty sure the TAC provide the majority of the top 10 draft picks most years 42....I guess something experienced coaches in Micale and Sumich want to replicate.....but then again that could be an AFL conspiracy too... :lol:

SF have produced some fantastic talent over the years.....your league side is reaping the benefits this year Dwert.....don't think SF colts will be down for long.....especially with that strong club called Winnacott in the EF junior zone providing Foster et al with some decent produce most years.......

State Academy 2017 7 years 1 week ago #121682

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
I hope you are right Freez and we do continue to get a trickle of talent from Winnacot in the coming years..
Just like I reckon Forrestdale and Jandakot might be a diamond mine for you guys in the future.
Just our drop off this year is extreme and we need to review that and rectify asap if there is an issue....

State Academy 2017 7 years 5 days ago #122023

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Dwert wrote: I hope you are right Freez and we do continue to get a trickle of talent from Winnacot in the coming years..
Just like I reckon Forrestdale and Jandakot might be a diamond mine for you guys in the future.
Just our drop off this year is extreme and we need to review that and rectify asap if there is an issue....

still cant work out how forrestdale & part of Jandakot is in the ef zone yet winnacott is sf???????????

when is the zoning getting looked at again?

State Academy 2017 7 years 4 days ago #122172

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned

strono wrote:

Dwert wrote: I hope you are right Freez and we do continue to get a trickle of talent from Winnacot in the coming years..

still cant work out how forrestdale & part of Jandakot is in the ef zone yet winnacott is sf???????????

when is the zoning getting looked at again?

Last Zone review completed in 2009 there must be another planned soon?

• Page:
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 218 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Keithwadia
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog