Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119789

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Congratulations good win!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119804

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Leedy wrote:

Southerner wrote: White hot - I don't think there was a weak link anywhere , use of the ball by Cook , Kelly , Hockey & Schloithe was deadly , the lads in defence pretty much shut it all down Willo & Picky & co

Comms to the Cardies - you got us at a bad time & there's a few guys that got plenty of the pill like Nelson,Black,Manzone (& the usual tackles hahahaha)

Engrave it now, been the best side the last 2 seasons for mine, you just have to get it right at the business end and hope the alignment doesn't play much of a part and clearly just need to get over the $alary cheats, not much to ask :P :P :P

We still have both the highest winning margin in history and largest winning GF win against South up our sleeves on days like this ;) :P :lol:

For sure Leedy I'm with you there mate its a done deal barring mass injury. Monsters on every line and plenty of depth. Remind me of Subi 2015...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119814

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Southerner wrote: I didn't see that sort of margin happening mate I have to say - and that's not taking anything away from South , shit I'll take 23 shekels every day of the week that was entertaining stuff

mmmmmmmm I've still got the league record 40.18 engraved in my skull mate hahahaha :)

I think that was 1981, last game of the season. I only just started going to the footy with Dad in 81 but didn't venture too far away from Leederville, Lathlain and Perth Oval, we had a virtual reserves side that game I can recall, riddled with injuries.

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119818

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Leedy wrote:

Southerner wrote: I didn't see that sort of margin happening mate I have to say - and that's not taking anything away from South , shit I'll take 23 shekels every day of the week that was entertaining stuff

mmmmmmmm I've still got the league record 40.18 engraved in my skull mate hahahaha :)

I think that was 1981, last game of the season. I only just started going to the footy with Dad in 81 but didn't venture too far away from Leederville, Lathlain and Perth Oval, we had a virtual reserves side that game I can recall, riddled with injuries.

East Perth actually hold the league alltime record of 41.30 (276) v South 3.2 rd1 1944 71 scoring shots to 5 sheesh!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119819

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Yeah that's right mate - it was the underage comp year due to the 2nd World War

**** Highest senior open age score was Glenelg 49.23 - 317 v Centrals in the SANFL (in either 1973 or 1975 I think)

Last edit: by Southerner.

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119827

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Southerner wrote: Yeah that's right mate - it was the underage comp year due to the 2nd World War

**** Highest senior open age score was Glenelg 49.23 317 v Centrals in the SANFL (in either 1973 or 1975 I think)

49.23 farkk!!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119828

• Southerner
Yeah I vaguely remember the newspaper clipping on it - Glenelg had a big FF , it may have been Fred Phyllis who kicked an absolute bagful
Centrals were still a relative newcomer back then

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119842

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

DG wrote:

Leedy wrote:

Southerner wrote: White hot - I don't think there was a weak link anywhere , use of the ball by Cook , Kelly , Hockey & Schloithe was deadly , the lads in defence pretty much shut it all down Willo & Picky & co

Comms to the Cardies - you got us at a bad time & there's a few guys that got plenty of the pill like Nelson,Black,Manzone (& the usual tackles hahahaha)

Engrave it now, been the best side the last 2 seasons for mine, you just have to get it right at the business end and hope the alignment doesn't play much of a part and clearly just need to get over the $alary cheats, not much to ask :P :P :P

We still have both the highest winning margin in history and largest winning GF win against South up our sleeves on days like this ;) :P :lol:

Settle down lads round4.....I have seen many April premiers although winning early ones do have their benefits.

Lose to to the Tigers this week and it's back to the drawing board.

For sure Leedy I'm with you there mate its a done deal barring mass injury. Monsters on every line and plenty of depth. Remind me of Subi 2015...

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119844

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Only negative comment was dropping of Solomon... IMO he has not done anything wrong his form V Peel was terrific...

Not his fault that big Brock had a late start to the season, keep playing the kid and let him develop. He looks good.

2017 - R4 v West Perth at Fremantle Oval 6 years 11 months ago #119848

• Southerner
Don't think it was anything about performance mate - reckon Strommy got the nod because he can go anywhere including pinch hit.
Sol could be back this week possibly give us an extra tall - a genuine combination for the first time in many years
It'd be damn near perfect if we can get these two bigs in tandem mate

Last edit: by Southerner.
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 197 guests and 2 members online

• one time only
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr