Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115140

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Southerner wrote: Same mate - I relied on a phone call myself this time

Believe the AFL side being up north took players away from EP

I think Roman might be able to help us here

The only ones I noticed were McInnes & Lamb. Others would have mainly been WC rookies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115151

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
15 roughly on the team sheet, although a couple including Waterman didn't play.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115157

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Thank you Bird for your input on the topic... What were your general observations of the SFFC team and did anyone take your eye?
I note our reserves won , so good signs with our depth although early days.

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115158

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Southerner wrote: How many is loaded Larry

"As mentioned East Perth went down by 8 points but there was a fair bit to like from what was a pretty youthful East Perth outfit (aside from the young Eagles there was several youngsters amongst the EP contingent) against an older more experienced South Fremantle team

The Royals led by 15 points halfway through the 3rd quarter after McInnes ran into an open goal to kick his 4th for the match and to that point they were the better side. From there, however, some poor decision making and skill errors proved costly as Souths physical pressure took its toll - it actually got quite willing in the last quarter and there were a few spot fires around the ground as the Bulldogs tried to bully their younger opponents into submission. To their credit they fought the game out when it looked like the game was getting away from them)

Partington - was very good. Don't have any stats available but I'd expect he would have had near on 30 disposals. Of all the players looked the most likely to push for a senior game. Stronger at the ball than 2016 and not as easily pushed aside. His willingness to run and generate repeat possessions was also a highlight

McInnes- something of a surprise. Provided a good target up forward and competed in the ruck when moved on ball. Marked and kicked well finishing with 4 well deserved goals. Will need to churn out this kind of effort on a consistent basis before I'm convinced of his worth on the list

Gorter - struggled early in the first quarter as Souths midfield had an early ascendancy making life difficult for defenders. Had a solid game thereafter leading the defence.

Watson - quiet first quarter but his drive off half back in the second quarter helped propel EP to the lead. Super exciting player who has moments of brilliance and his strong tackling was a feature. Is also prone to the odd brain fart though which he needs to tidy up

Rotham - looked comfortable enough at this level and is composed with ball in hand. Can see him being a really good player once he builds up his light frame and can compete better physically with grown men

Cole - a bit like Watson in that he can do some nice things but screws up occasionally. Decent game from him but I've seen him play better

Brophy- had an OK game and did provide some nice run off half back in the second quarter in particular

Karpany- probably the best user of the ball in EPs lineup. Needs to get his hands on the ball more though to be a truly damaging midfielder

Bayok - considering he was playing colts last year this was a big step up and tbh it showed. Will need time to develop so that he can better absorb the physical pressure at league level.

Mutimer - had a bit of the ball but used it poorly for the most part. He isn't a particularly smart footballer and doesn't use his powerful left foot as well as he could. Makes simple mistakes too often

Snadden- see Mutimer although he was probably slightly more effective

Lamb - not impressed. Doubt he had more than five possessions and provided no physical pressure. Complete non event and it's hard to see him coming good

Waterman- named on the team sheet but sat in the grandstand wearing an East Perth polo. I have an inkling that he may have made a rookie mistake of some sort and was sat out as a disciplinary measure - he was sitting in front of me and a couple of club staff had a chat to him which I couldn't hear but it looked like they were having a bit of a crack. Misty looked a tad sheepish as well but I might be wrong on that. Didn't look like he was injured

One day I'll understand why the Eagles felt it necessary not to reveal which of their players were going to play today"

"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115159

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
"as the Bulldogs tried to bully their younger opponents into submission"

hahahahahaha oh that is reporting gold :lol:

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115162

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
To be honest Dwert don't read much into the result, it was more like an intraclub in it's intensity. For South the usual suspects Cook and number 25 looked your prime movers. Number 12 looked sharp as a forward a player I didn't recognise.

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115163

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Jarrod Garlett

Last edit: by Southerner. Reason: name

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115175

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Larry Bird wrote: To be honest Dwert don't read much into the result, it was more like an intraclub in it's intensity. For South the usual suspects Cook and number 25 looked your prime movers. Number 12 looked sharp as a forward a player I didn't recognise.

Cheers mate... Good to hear Marlion Pickett appears to be in good nick. Jarrod Garlett too..

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115188

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
For those who may be interested the only EP player that did anything worth watching was Watson. Has massive potential. I hardly noticed him at Claremont but when you study him more closely he is very gifted. Not dissimilar to Pickett.

First Blood 7 years 1 month ago #115200

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Roman wrote:

Southerner wrote: Same mate - I relied on a phone call myself this time

Believe the AFL side being up north took players away from EP

I think Roman might be able to help us here

The only ones I noticed were McInnes & Lamb. Others would have mainly been WC rookies.

So East Perth were playing one short.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 328 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes