Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114341

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
First scratchie v WCEEP directly so it's time for a bit of a sniff around the traps

Bolters: Have to be Claremont , good squad depth & serious talent added plus a good coach
Revolters: Subiaco - How farking many of our kids do you want for Christ's sake - fair's fair you may as well get Capes to stand at the member's gate on Thursday nights & grab the kids as they leave training
Sliders: Yeah well this could be multiple but West Perth have lost a shitload of experience by the looks & could not afford injuries at all , I think EP might struggle if their advantage is eroded by injury or withdrawal (same goes for that abortion down there)
The Great Unknown: East Fremantle , Subiaco and Swan Districts , all have lost players / have long term injury lists but all three will impact the top 5 in some form
The Yeast: Perth will string a few wins together this year & Lathlain will be a graveyard for some of us

South - we've lost a bit of experience , regained some kids who managed to get some senior footy under their belts & largely kept and promoted our Colts boys
Recruited a tall ruckman as cover and a sprinkling of others
Same position as I see it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114404

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mate, I think a former South man, now at Subi, might have something to do with that.

In all seriousness, if you just look at Subi's outs who have played league/AFL, it is immense.

Wood 41
Woodley 1
Robinson 118
Shepheard 63
H Yarran 2
** Le Fanu 44
Broughton 204
Moore 53
Fetherstonhaugh 39
McKenzie 21
Elliott 14
Mahoney 95
Leishman 50
Hay 5

That's not to mention a few kids who aren't around this year by the looks.

Will be a mighty effort to stay in the top 3

Last edit: by La Hincha.

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114409

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

La Hincha wrote: Mate, I think a former South man, now at Subi, might have something to do with that.

In all seriousness, if you just look at Subi's outs who have played league/AFL, it is immense.

Wood 41
Woodley 1
Robinson 118
Shepheard 63
H Yarran 2
** Le Fanu 44
Broughton 204
Moore 53
Fetherstonhaugh 39
McKenzie 21
Elliott 14
Mahoney 95
Leishman 50
Hay 5

Just for you LaH:

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114410

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Violins Swan...how very kind but those are the facts I posted. I thought you liked accurate information

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114411

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

La Hincha wrote: Violins Swan...how very kind but those are the facts I posted. I thought you liked accurate information

I was touched by your club's difficulties. Hence, I thought I would try to provide some solace in "your hour of need".

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114412

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

swan42 wrote:

La Hincha wrote: Violins Swan...how very kind but those are the facts I posted. I thought you liked accurate information

I was touched by your club's difficulties. Hence, I thought I would try to provide some solace in "your hour of need".

Well, I'm equally saddened by the loss of the likes of Dean, Ansey, Riddoch, Firns, Ridley, Clarke.....lads who had a lot to offer the comp

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114413

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

La Hincha wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Well, I'm equally saddened by the loss of the likes of Dean, Ansey, Riddoch, Firns, Ridley, Clarke.....lads who had a lot to offer the comp

It doesn't help the WAFL competition for any club to dominate year in year out. That applies to any club including Swans. What all clubs' supporters want at the start of each season that the club they support has a chance to make the finals and to win the GF. What is obvious that at the beginning of each year during the host club alignment period three of the 5 positions in the finals are virtually sealed at the start of the season. As a consequence there are 6 clubs fighting for 2 spots.

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114414

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well, this year you don't have to worry.

Swans have the most experienced squad in the comp by AFL/WAFL games played. Losing those kids was a shame. But still should be a top 5 squad.

Not counting out any side at the moment but if I had to squeeze out one it would be East Fremantle

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114488

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191

La Hincha wrote: Mate, I think a former South man, now at Subi, might have something to do with that.

Wood 41
Woodley 1
Robinson 118
Shepheard 63
H Yarran 2
** Le Fanu 44
Broughton 204
Moore 53
Fetherstonhaugh 39
McKenzie 21
Elliott 14
Mahoney 95
Leishman 50
Hay 5

Vido knows Subiaco will not put a red cent into developing anything worthwhile , either for drafting or club depth - problem is everyone else knows it too.

You don't get loyalty or longevity by throwing the chequebook at anything that twitches , sadly it's showing mate

Dogshot 2017 7 years 1 month ago #114490

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Wood 41
Woodley 1
Robinson 118
Shepheard 63
H Yarran 2
** Le Fanu 44
Broughton 204
Moore 53
Fetherstonhaugh 39
McKenzie 21
Elliott 14
Mahoney 95
Leishman 50
Hay 5

They wont be anywhere near as bad as Swans where last year.

• Page:
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 483 guests and 3 members online

• westaussieguy
  • TheRock
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma