Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114254

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
There were some big units around in those days , all types of heavier industry or labour from Sth Freo / Davilak all the way down to Kwinana

trying to jog memory along but I also remember clubs like Cockburn , Nth Freo Old Boys , East Freo Sundays , CBC having some pretty tough customers in the ranks - lots of ex-WAFL blokes sprinkled in

Days of the 1 Ump then 2 had their moments of watch your back regularly even up to the 90's

Generally speaking if you were getting a bit of the pill you tended to be on high alert for a crack in the jaw or guts at some point :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Southerner.

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114259

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: I remember Amoroso playing for South Freo juniors then went on to the Sunday league before playing league footy for Souths. I think the team was Southport (not exactly sure) and Sam Maskos was coach and between the pair of them they certainly put on some entertainment. Sam's coaching style at the breaks was to use every swear word in the book and Ammo would run around taking huge grabs and belting blokes. There was another little muscle bound guy in the team as well whose name escapes me...he was a grub too. Games between Southport and St Patricks generally finished in a huge brawl with cops in attendance. Those were the days.....

Southern Port, played at Fremantle Oval, pulled quite a decent crowd early 80s.

Colours red white and blue - I think?? not sure, supporters drunk and ton of grog.

Ammo was essentially a fringe player at SFFC, he drifted in and out of the league side but spent long spells in the reserves. Certainly a dedicated clubman who was popular with the local Italian crew and is still a regular at the club, mainly seen floating around the TAB.

yes mate...I think you're on the money. I also recall another bloke Matt Sambrailo or similar also went from Southern Port to playing a bit of league footy with Souths...centre half back from memory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114261

• Southerner
There were twins - Mark & Matthew Sambraillo , dogged by injury both of them

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114262

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Southerner wrote: There were some big units around in those days , all types of heavier industry or labour from Sth Freo / Davilak all the way down to Kwinana

trying to jog memory along but I also remember clubs like Cockburn , Nth Freo Old Boys , East Freo Sundays , CBC having some pretty tough customers in the ranks - lots of ex-WAFL blokes sprinkled in

Days of the 1 Ump then 2 had their moments of watch your back regularly even up to the 90's

Generally speaking if you were getting a bit of the pill you tended to be on high alert for a crack in the jaw or guts at some point :lol:

yes mate...I played A grade ammos with CBC and we had a few toughies over the years. blokes like the Cattalini's didn't stand for too much nonsense. I saw Mario put Simon Beasley over the fence at Freo oval one day when the big pansy was playing for Uni....you could hear the whack from the other side of the ground....Mario didn't like Simon all that much... B)

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114263

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Matt and Mark two brothers, big lads ex CBC Fremantle, Dad had a boat building business down Mews Road. Slavs.

One now deceased...Matt I think some years ago.

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114264

• Southerner
Those were pretty recent days when you think about it - not all that long ago , when two blokes could actually run up against each other without 3 farken whistles blarting away
Beers at half time routine thing at some clubs

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114265

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
not twins Matt is the younger brother and Mark deceased RIP

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114267

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dwert wrote: not twins Matt is the younger brother and Mark deceased RIP

That's Correct, one was older, yes Mark its was that passed away, RIP.

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114268

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: Those were pretty recent days when you think about it - not all that long ago , when two blokes could actually run up against each other without 3 farken whistles blarting away
Beers at half time routine thing at some clubs

Late 80's early 90's era...

2017 - INS & OUTS 7 years 2 months ago #114269

• Southerner
Cheers mate - geez it's been 30 years easy since the boys played , & I had forgotten about about Mark's passing too must admit
Funny how alike some can be

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 309 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020