Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106886

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Larry Bird wrote: Can I ask how much Freo spent on upgrades at Fremantle Oval.

Zero....it cost the local rate payers 2 mill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106887

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote:

Grassy wrote: Geee,where are the Usual Suspects Defending Freo to the Hilt,here? B)

This thread is on the South Fremantle section Grassy so that probably explains it but there is a group of people on this site, many of whom have posted on this thread whose pathological hatred of the Dockers verges on the unnatural and any rational debate with these people is futile really.

Try doing the same at bassendean and see how you go?....apart from that keep your nose out.

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106889

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2021

Bazza wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Grassy wrote: Geee,where are the Usual Suspects Defending Freo to the Hilt,here? B)

This thread is on the South Fremantle section Grassy so that probably explains it but there is a group of people on this site, many of whom have posted on this thread whose pathological hatred of the Dockers verges on the unnatural and any rational debate with these people is futile really.

Try doing the same at bassendean and see how you go?....apart from that keep your nose out.

This is a public forum thank you very much and I can stick my nose where I like. If you don't like what I write then its simple, don't read it.

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106898

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote:

Bazza wrote:

mikeh wrote:

This is a public forum thank you very much and I can stick my nose where I like. If you don't like what I write then its simple, don't read it.

Thats intersting because yes we tolerate posts here unlike tne oversensative mob on your clubs thread and freos, whe immediately delete posts...so knock yourself out and the same goes for one of the prime offenders of cesorship PN. Seems such liberties are not extended to others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106899

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Bazza wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Thats intersting because yes we tolerate posts here unlike tne oversensative mob on your clubs thread and freos, whe immediately delete posts...so knock yourself out and the same goes for one of the prime offenders of cesorship PN. Seems such liberties are not extended to others.

Hey Bazza the moderator of this board is Southerner.

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106902

• Godinoz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I have always been WAFL, never AFL, which a lot of people find hard to understand but I have said if I did have to support a AFL club, it would probably be Freo.

That has all changed now because of the way they have been able to use their muscle over the WAFC and WAFL clubs over the last year or so and do whatever they want.

This latest flex of muscle over the Fremantle City Council just shows how arrogant and unappreciative the Fremantle Football Club is.

Good bye FFC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106907

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Dwert wrote: Doesnt surprise me Bazza...The sooner they shift to Cockburn the better, their relationship with SFFC has always been strained.
I hope the Fremantle Council dont back away from the pricks demands.

They are an absolute joke of a football club atm.

You blokes clearly needed the committee that negotiated $ubi's seating arrangement deal, you may just end up a power house like them :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Peter North

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106924

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1198
This issue has been festering away in the background for 2 years , there's a fair bit to play out even "if" it reaches the courts

If looked at from a legal aspect FFC would be pretty lucky to get a red cent given they have a binding contract at Fremantle Oval until around 2050 - and they know it which is why we are seeing some dollar requests to try limit the exit costs from where they are

So one could reasonably expect the Town Council to simply request payment in lieu to honour that contract & that I'd say will snuff out that little $4 mill ditty

Cockburn is in all honesty probably the best place for that corporation , we should never have assisted the process way back in 1994 - the men that opposed it then are proven deadset bang on right in their concerns

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106926

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well said Southernor, I know FCC bent over backwards at the time to get them in there, remember the dockers finances were not that flash and FCC helped them out no end, a very generous long term lease, at the expense of historic tenants SFFC, and as you know many warned the ground share would be an issue, colts & 2s being forced to train at Dick Lawrence Oval , not holding any concerts / events there for big portions of the year.

Dockers demand $4 Million for Freo Oval 7 years 7 months ago #106927

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
It's mind boggling that they never spent a cent at the joint and want a payout.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 248 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest