Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104289

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Just a good luck to the Bullies in the Colts game, hope it is a cracker upto the standard of the last couple of games.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104292

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
We would need to improve a fair bit on our form from last week Grump to get close to the Royals.

Selection dilemmas for you guys also with SPP and Wright? I think they both will play colts which will make the task a little more difficult.

Big forward Jimmy Millar back in this week should make our forward line function better , as well as a few of the midfielders in Burke , Brown and Faulkner getting a bit more footy. Forrest - Yarran should be better for the run last week also first game back after 9 week break with an injury.
Hopeful of a better showing. ;)

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104293

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dwert wrote: We would need to improve a fair bit on our form from last week Grump to get close to the Royals.

Selection dilemmas for you guys also with SPP and Wright? I think they both will play colts which will make the task a little more difficult.

Big forward Jimmy Millar back in this week should make our forward line function better , as well as a few of the midfielders in Burke , Brown and Faulkner getting a bit more footy. Forrest - Yarran should be better for the run last week also first game back after 9 week break with an injury.
Hopeful of a better showing. ;)

Some very good talent on show with those players SPP, Wright and Matthew Young, I am looking forward to it hope it lives upto our respective expectations
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104294

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Will Starcevich play Grump? He is a talented kid also.

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104337

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191

Grump wrote: Just a good luck to the Bullies in the Colts game, hope it is a cracker upto the standard of the last couple of games.

Cheers mate - should be a great contest , neutral ground & everything to play for.

Best of luck

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104478

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dwert wrote: Will Starcevich play Grump? He is a talented kid also.

Sorry for the delay, should do the cut over his eye will be have been stitched and ok

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104569

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I always try to be fair and honest but today I expected more from the Bullies, apart from 15 minutes in the third we did control game, it was a good game and I think on the day we were the better team.

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104582

• Graeme Comerford
  • Thank you received: 13
East Perth came into the game with momentum after pressure win against East Freo, then a very solid performance against Swans, while South had none, as reflected bu their poor performances over the previous 2 weeks.

East Perth started much like they did against Swans, with Young dominant through the middle, and Dobson and to a lesser extent than the previous week, Balestra, giving run off half back . Amos started as he finished, giving 1st use to his midfielders, and providing a bit around the ground. Wright popped up every now and then, while Powell-Pepper not getting a lot of it, caused the South defenders major worries with his physicality and forward pressure. Bayok seemed a bit off today, not as clean as usual below his knees, and dropping a couple of easy uncontested marks.

Royals looked a little less constricted by game plan and structure in the first half in comparison to last week, when they turned over few times trying to force decisions that weren't there, and went in with a 6ish goal half time lead.

South came out in the second half up and about, and a change in game style by getting it deep forward as quickly as possible and giving Bolton a chance to show his talent. Bolton was outstanding for a quarter and a half, getting South back to within 7 points 10 minutes into the last quarter, and a comeback win was on the cards. That's where the good players step up, and I thought Powell-Pepper was outstanding in the last 15 minutes, bullocking the ball forward, and stopping South clearing from the middle and therefore starving South's match winner Bolton. Bolton went in to the middle late to try and spark his team, but unfortunately was too little too late as East Perth piled on the late goals.

Vellios did some nice things, as did Hoffman, while I thought the Frenchman at Centre Half Forward and in the ruck performed well also. Stack was a bit quite, however he did work well in the last quarter ans was rewarded with a couple of late goals. He is one player that I think too much instruction could stifle his natural instincts, my instruction to him would be 'just go out and play'. Amos drifted out in the second half, while Young started and finished strongly. He is a beauty.

While De Placido does get a lot of it, I don't think he uses it too well, and most of his possessions are uncontested. For such a big bodied boy would like to see him crashing some packs and clamping some tackles. Good to see De Campo back and playing, but again his inconsistent disposal lets him down.

For South, Bolton was outstanding, he no doubt made the East Perth coaching staff sweat. Burke gets a lot of it, unfortunately a bit too slow with his decision making. Russell looks good with ball in hand, Forrest-Yarran bit off the pace due to the long lay off, Pearson spoils and kicks well, unfortunately his best hit of the day was on a team mate, Coutinho at times looked dangerous, Brwon works well inside the contest.

Also hope that Josh Grant makes a full recovery from his head clash.

To the preliminary, and it seems as though East Perth may be the best prepared to have a chance against Claremont. Momentum, more than solid game plan and well drilled team, Perth not looking like they'll get Narkle back.

Good luck to both teams next week, and nice meeting you last week Grump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104588

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Surely Perth cant be dependant on one player GC?.....cant see anyone beating Cl now with the likes off Guelfi, Banfield and Waterman back from seniors.........

Colts game - Souths and EP 7 years 6 months ago #104608

• Graeme Comerford
  • Thank you received: 13
Certainly not dependent, but hard to replace that ball winning ability, and also making your teammates stand taller.
East Perth the only chance, and only a very slim one.

• Page:
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 338 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes