Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104098

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Well the tribunal result really tips this contest in favor of the Lions....Hams was sensational V the Garlic Munchers and the team will need to lift to another level to overcome his absence.

Need a far greater outcome from our forwards V the Lions. Looking back on past results we have not had a forward/s who have taken the game by the scruff of the neck and imposed themselves on the contest. Our defence will also have a huge say in the result, controlling and limiting the impact of Shephard, Ryan , Sokol etc

Looking forward to this one. definetley underdogs but can win it if we play to our potential.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104103

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Thought your two key forwards were terrific against Joondy, both with 4 majors and Saunders missed a few as well, will be a handful in the 2nd semi but our backs have been operating really well so a great contest there. It will be won and lost in the mids and as you say losing Hams will be a big blow but with Higgins in great form your mids will get good service.

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104155

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Thats a major blow, Hams is an on field general. A hard gane just got very hard.

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104282

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Midfield is where this game will be won and lost.

Looking at past results Kitchin and Phelan have been ball magnets and the SF Mids will need to put some time into those lads.
Subi's forawrds have been more productive in previous encounters also with ex SF boy Sokol being the match winner at Frem Oval in the first clash with a contribution from Shepherd and Ryan and Shephard doing the job at Medibank in the night game. Mason Shaw did not kick a goal in either game V Subi and Saunders only had a bag of three in the night game. Plenty of upside if those two could have days out on Sunday.
Got to look at the right match up for Ryan and Shepherd..IMO Picketts (Marlion or Tyson) and or Edwards for Ryan and Pullman gets first crack at Shepherd.
Intriguing game and one that I have not completely given up on winning. Both teams would be well aware lose and you will need to face up to a rampaging FART or a rejuvenated Garlic Munchers.

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104336

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
B J Maskos 33 B Wilson 30 M Gundry 4
HB S Bewick 6 J Pullman 23 M Pickett 25
C D Main 21 S Verrier 11 B Verrier 15
HF H Schloithe 1 M Shaw 22 R Cook 32
FF B Johnson 20 B Saunders 24 Z Strom 14
Ruck:
B Higgins 18
S Hockey 9
J Dragovich 45

Interchange From:
T Pickett 55,
J Martinez 19,
S Edwards 17,
T Kelly 8,
T Vandeleur 26,
C Luff 40,
T English 60,
A Guglielmana 2

In T English , A Guglielmana, S Edwards, C Luff, T Vandeleur,
Out A Hams 37,

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104400

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
The only changes I would make is Vandeleur for Maskos. Edwards to replace Hams. Interchange Pickett T, Kelly and Martinez.

Plenty of coverage and flexibility in the forwards, backs and midfield in this team.

Would like to see our forwards have an absolute day out on Sunday and I think they are due.

My prediction the Bulldogs to prevail by 35 points......

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104403

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Dwert wrote: The only changes I would make is Vandeleur for Maskos. Edwards to replace Hams. Interchange Pickett T, Kelly and Martinez.

Plenty of coverage and flexibility in the forwards, backs and midfield in this team.

Would like to see our forwards have an absolute day out on Sunday and I think they are due.

My prediction the Bulldogs to prevail by 35 points......

Gee you're confident. I hope you're right. If we had Hamsy I would have liked our chances but he's a huge blow. I can only see one change Gugs in for Hamsy and he will go to Ryan.
Vandeleur is no chance and Maskos won't get dropped.

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104410

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
SOA being dropped was more hopeful thinking Roman.. Arthur would not let that happen.

I would be happy to be proven wrong mate but if Guggs goes to Ryan he will kick 4-5 and we lose.

Still quietly confident we have gone close to beating this mob previously and I think we can if we play four strong quarters of football.

What is your prediction?

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104411

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Dwert wrote: SOA being dropped was more hopeful thinking Roman.. Arthur would not let that happen.

I would be happy to be proven wrong mate but if Guggs goes to Ryan he will kick 4-5 and we lose.

Still quietly confident we have gone close to beating this mob previously and I think we can if we play four strong quarters of football.

What is your prediction?

Subi by 28. Our forwards never dominate against them.

2nd Semi Subi V South 7 years 6 months ago #104412

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I think it will be a terrific game and should be very close. I'm tending to lean towards you guys based on what I saw last week against WP and the fact we've had 2 weeks off. Momentum is important at this time of year plus the fact we have a couple coming in who have missed a lot of footy. Souths by 10 points.

• Page:
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 354 guests and one member online

• Froggy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977