Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100577

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
Tige - we've had one major jumper design change in what is I think the last 60 odd or more years , ironically there was a premiership year under the legendary JT in 1997 with this one in use

The mostly red with a large Victorian style white V on the front if you remember

I among many others didn't particularly like it & the club soon reverted to the current number you see today - the traditional Bulldog Guernsey

This similarity or clash exists only with EF , all the other clubs are no issue - but even then it's probably only when players are on the ground fighting for the pill really

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100581

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I quite liked the red version, can you bring it back as an away jumper?

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100583

• Southerner
No thanks it would clash worse with West Perth and the Fridge & Washer City mob mate

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100585

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
southerner -- don't worry about what everybody else is wearring, it is a good jumper

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100586

• Southerner
No we've had our one in a hundred year change , we'll stick with tradition thanks mate
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100613

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
To put it in simple terms what an ugly win, but never or less a win and a much needed win for the confidence of our players.

The Sharks were pretty gallant all day and kept coming, hats off to them for that.

WTF happened with English on the weekend, I hope that it is not right from what I have been hearing re player, family and others dictating to the club where they would like to play??
Also must be about time Bolton comes up he is as exciting a player as Garlett , Pickett and Ah Chee in recent years...

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100619

• Southerner
I have no problem with winning ugly mate - there's times in any season where it will be required to do so , and I'm stoked the boys responded every time and finished full of run

Dunno about Tim but I guess seeing as we won't have him next year & as much as I'd love see him get a league gig , there's a better proposition keeping him in colts for their tilt at a flag

Maybe Bolts will get the first crack after all

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100639

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
To have any hope of winning in the finals mate you would have to agree that we would need to improve a fair bit on what we are currently dishing up? Subi , WP and the Royals would have us for breakfast atm, we have too many lapses in concentration in games , our starts are a concern and our Defence is still a concern imo.
We need two ruckmen in our league team imo , English would be a perfect fit as he can go forward and stretch the oppo defences with his height. I know he will not be with us next year but is it good enough that the kid , his family and others are dictating to the club where he plays? whilst he is a SFFC registered player the club needs to grow some balls and insist that he will play wherever they believe he should play. Good quality youngsters should not be sheltered mate Waterman and Guelfi at CL perfect examples of that in the past weekend. Winning Colts premierships is a short sighted view imo, winning league premierships is what it should be all about? It would also aid his development and enhance his profile and drafting capacity next year.

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100644

• Southerner
Mathematically we still haven't assured ourselves of finals yet - one more win will do that but yes I would love to be 13-3 and able to blood some young guns for exposure before the finals , perhaps that is the reasoning

Tim is still 17 so his folks are entitled to have a say in his welfare until he hits legal age , he'll get a gig I believe mate just don't know when
And trust me several AFL creeps have been in close contact with his family so I'd say there's been some influence in that department

Another kid I'd like to see up is Dylan Brown he's a goer this guy I like his style mate

2016-Round 19 v East Fremantle at Fremantle Oval 7 years 8 months ago #100646

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Tim English - DOB:10th August 1997
19 years old in 9 days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 229 guests and 2 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp