Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99652

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Thursday night football for a very important fixture for both teams. Could potentialy decide who finishes top two and in line to get a double chance in the finals.
Before our bye we were staggering and down for the count having come off two losses to EP and the Tiges. If we have any ambition to play and have an impact in the finals we have to come out and win on Thursday night , lose and I honestly believe our year whilst an improvement on previous years will be just that.
Injured players likely to come under consideration Hams , Schloithe , Higgins and Pullman. Losses Johnson with a stupid one match suspension.
It looks like we have lost our promising ruckmen Branchi to an ACL injury for the year which is wretched luck, will the coach and the selectors take the punt and promote young Tim English All Australian Under18s ruckmen to make his league debut?
What six defenders will be selected too play? bearing in mind last time we played Subi Sokol and to a lesser degree Shepherd were the two forwards who had the most impact in that game. Throw in a couple of young live wire forwards in Ryan and Woodley and I am not certain our regular six defenders will have the ability to shut down the dangerous Subi forward line. I hope the Coach and Defensive coach have put some thought into a strategy of how to beat the oppo.
Fingers crossed the right bulldogs team turns up on Thursday, defining game for our season in my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99655

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 838

Dwert wrote: Thursday night football for a very important fixture for both teams. Could potentialy decide who finishes top two and in line to get a double chance in the finals.
Before our bye we were staggering and down for the count having come off two losses to EP and the Tiges. If we have any ambition to play and have an impact in the finals we have to come out and win on Thursday night , lose and I honestly believe our year whilst an improvement on previous years will be just that.
Injured players likely to come under consideration Hams , Schloithe , Higgins and Pullman. Losses Johnson with a stupid one match suspension.
It looks like we have lost our promising ruckmen Branchi to an ACL injury for the year which is wretched luck, will the coach and the selectors take the punt and promote young Tim English All Australian Under18s ruckmen to make his league debut?
What six defenders will be selected too play? bearing in mind last time we played Subi Sokol and to a lesser degree Shepherd were the two forwards who had the most impact in that game. Throw in a couple of young live wire forwards in Ryan and Woodley and I am not certain our regular six defenders will have the ability to shut down the dangerous Subi forward line. I hope the Coach and Defensive coach have put some thought into a strategy of how to beat the oppo.
Fingers crossed the right bulldogs team turns up on Thursday, defining game for our season in my opinion.

Should be a great contest Dwert but if it rains it could be a nil all draw given both teams struggle badly in the wet conditions in their last outings.

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99660

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Yep the SF and Subi clashes in recent times have always been entertaining contests this one should be no different.
My concern is that we were worse than terrible last time out V CL , we did not kick a goal in a half of footy and looked disinterested against an opposition that was in the bottom half of the ladder?. I did not see enough c##t from anyone to give me any confidence that this group are hungry for a taste and piece of finals action? this week will answer that question for me.

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99662

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Dwert...from your original summation it sounds like both teams will struggle in the ruck as Subi hasn't had a genuine ruckman all year since Madut went down. We'll be missing DelaHunty but I don't think that'll be terminal on a wet night...Horsley is a big out for us but our backs line up pretty well on your potent forward line. As for your backs, our forwards weren't great against Perth with Ryan and Woodley having little impact in the heavy conditions....so I reckon it'll be a very close one as both teams appear pretty similar in structure, strengths and weaknesses.

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99665

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
I am thinking we will see Tim English get a promotion before the end of the year , might depend on Higgins playing if it was going to be this week , he'll be taken away early in the VFL Butchers Shop Raffle.

Noah Strom might get a gig if Higgins doesn't pull up - hopefully get a few guys back from injury & give it a hard go

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99744

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
B 33 J Maskos 30 B Wilson 2 A Guglielmana
HB 6 S Bewick 23 J Pullman 25 M Pickett
C 19 J Martinez 8 T Kelly 11 S Verrier
HF 15 B Verrier 22 M Shaw 32 R Cook
FF 16 T Stewart 24 B Saunders 45 J Dragovich
F 14 Z Strom 9 S Hockey 37 A Hams
Int. 29 T Pickett, 4 M Gundry, 18 B Higgins, 21 D Main, 40 C Luff, 59 B Donaldson, 31 J Florenca,
In M Gundry, B Higgins, A Hams, J Pullman, B Donaldson, D Main, J Florenca,
Out 12 J Laurino, 28 B Mcphail, 17 S Edwards, 20 B Johnson,

As Roman mentioned in the other thread , we get a few back this week bloody shame Edwards is out though

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99745

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Southerner wrote: I am thinking we will see Tim English get a promotion before the end of the year , might depend on Higgins playing if it was going to be this week , he'll be taken away early in the VFL Butchers Shop Raffle.

Noah Strom might get a gig if Higgins doesn't pull up - hopefully get a few guys back from injury & give it a hard go

English will be in resies this week.

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99773

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
I will be happy if we got within 5 goals of the Lions tonight. I do not see our defence being able to hold an opposition atm. Maskos and Guggs are in terrible form?? Thank goodness Sokol is not playing.
To get close we will need to see huge contribution from our midfield particularly Hockey, Kelly and co and our forwards have got to be a whole lot more influential than last time we played Subiaco (Saunders and Shaw did not kick a goal?)
Looking forward to seeing if things do improve tonight , but am thinking that we have got a huge task to come away with a win

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99778

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Updated Team

South Fremantle
B: Maskos Pullman Guglielmana
HB: Bewick Wilson M Pickett
C: Martinez Kelly S Verrier
HF: B Verrier Shaw Cook
F: Stewart Saunders Dragovich
Ruck: Strom Hockey Hams
Inter: T Pickett Higgins Gundry Donaldson
Emerg: Luff Florenca Main
In: Hams Higgins Pullman Gundry Donaldson
Out: Johnson (susp) Edwards (ill) Luff Laurino McPhail

SF V Subi 7 years 8 months ago #99781

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Anything is possible in wet conditions Dwert, as another cold front is going to hit tonight. The team with more appetite will win this game.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 176 guests and one member online

• The Major

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA