Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

History. 11 years 1 month ago #5807

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
You have PROVED my point superbly there Rock, cheers for that.

Nothing much changed apart from the name.

I rest my case.

* Just to note, the original Fremantle club of 1887 and 1888 had NO connection to the second Club from 1890 known as Fremantle. The second Fremantle club was derived from it seems from the old Unions side of the 1887 / 88 seasons.

Just to clarify anchor, EF have never been awarded or allocated any flags from any fremantle or SF sides.

Basically - Unions (1887 ish??) - Fremantle (from 1890) - SFFC (1900)
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

History. 11 years 1 month ago #5854

• TheRock
  • TheRock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I can see your point dog but unfortunately my 2nd point says it all. One club folded and another was formed. Pretty simple hey?

History. 11 years 1 month ago #5870

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

dogman wrote: I'm sure the real connection to the 2nd version of the fremantle football club from 1889 - 1899 will be discussed for sure mate =)

There was a two volumn history printed in 1975 - called the South Fremantle History, I have a copy here, it had a picture of a young Cicco on the cover.

History. 11 years 1 month ago #6853

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

anchorman wrote: This is a far deeper view of the clubs history I think Bazza.
It was written by a fellow who is a Souths follower who has written other stuff.I believe that the original copy was very deep,but has had a sub editor look at it and lighten it up a bit.

Gee should be good then, the one I have here is quite in depth, but of course is now several decades out of date.

History. 11 years 1 month ago #6890

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Just to repeat, EF have never been allocated any flags they shouldn't have. All 29 of theirs were won anchor under the name EFFC.

I just find it a little weird that our 128 year WAFL competition or whatever it is isn't aligned with the number of flags awarded to the current 9 WAFL clubs??

Anyway - I have a fair point I reckon.

Bit like if East Perth become called the East Eagles in 2014 and add maybe yellow to their jumper I'm pretty sure EP's history would carry on.

Anyway . . . footy is back!! =)
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

• Page:
Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 504 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL