Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Lighting at Lathlain 4 years 11 months ago #167104

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
I thought the lighting was very good certainly far better than the other WAFL grounds and as was the case last year the surface is now great.

Just a pity the WAFC, WCE & Freo dont chip in to make the surfaces at the other WAFL grounds at the same quality as that can only enhance WAFL football for ALL clubs, the WCE & Peelmantle players do have to play there after all.
As has been shown in the past all bar Joondalup have shocking drainage and turn into underwater pools in the middle of Winter of late.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Lighting at Lathlain 4 years 11 months ago #167110

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
BH someone can correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure Claremont are still using their old playing surface which I find very strange considering basically the whole joint was bulldozed and basically became a construction site and Claremont didn't play or train there for two years possibly a little over two years.

And I've heard commentary on Sport FM that one end of Claremont Oval has a problem that arose last year due to the shade it gets from the apartments. I assume that would be at the northern end of the ground. Just very strange to completely demolish the place and build it from the ground up and not replace the surface. All clubs rely on grants from various sources to do these redevelopments so you would have thought the playing surface would be a part of that.

I guess it's not cheap if done properly with good drainage built in. Leederville is the worst by far, an absolute bog heap but Subi seem to go alright on it. I recall WC under Malthouse dug up the old Leederville surface and put a clay type base in the new surface so it would resemble Melbourne grounds. Those old boggy grounds don't exist anymore.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

New Lighting at Lathlain 4 years 11 months ago #167113

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Yes that is true DD about the surface at Claremont Oval being the same as old.
Maybe there was none or not enough left over from Barney's $15 million gift handed over to his beloved Tigers once they had built the new premises there for a new surface and drainage?

• Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 419 guests and 4 members online

• Royals78
  • Success Hill
  • Froggy
  • Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma