Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165288

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Woeful performance today in the second half. Up 3.1 at half time but Claremont did as they pleased after half time especially in the 3rd qtr. Claremont booted 5 goals in the first 10 minutes and out scored us 8 goals to nothing in the 3rd qtr. We kicked the first 2 goals of the last qtr before Claremont kicked the last 3. We didn't seem to have an answer to stop them. I reckon that was close to full strength for both sides.

Ninyett and Sinclair didn't play and Carey and Langdon played ressies for us. Hardesty and Busher were there but didn't play for Claremont. Not sure if Tom Lee is still playing or retired? All in all very disappointing from a Perth supporters point of view.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165290

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Preseason game v a top side, it was fine.

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165291

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So we are just tanking are we and will just click into gear when we are playing for premiership points? I can tell you it was not the feeling of those around me that we will be fine and not the vibe I got at the 3qtr time break .
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165293

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Quick, where are the panic buttons, everyone overboard. Some people are saying we'll struggle to beat the eagles twos, i mean come on.

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165294

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
It was a scratch match.
How many times have we beaten a top side in a scratchie and gone on to win the spoon.
No points no guide really.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165295

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
The only real concern from today was the skills. Missing targets by hand and not kicking to our players advantage. Forward line looked crowded and disjointed again. It’s only a scratch match but the boys will have to tidy up before round 1.

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165296

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

PD1899 wrote: The only real concern from today was the skills. Missing targets by hand and not kicking to our players advantage. Forward line looked crowded and disjointed again. It’s only a scratch match but the boys will have to tidy up before round 1.

Phew, that's a relief I thought we had some serious deficiencies but now I know it's only poor hand and foot skills I feel much better now. One of our biggest weaknesses has been for a long time opposition sides getting hold of us and we don't seem to have any idea how to stop it. Worrying signs early for me. I'm sure someone has already rolled out the usual line "best pre season we've had for a long time" but Claremont looked much fitter.
Get on your bike.

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165300

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
DD the top sides always are much fitter than we are.
Subi have made us look more like Maddington 8th Grade for decades.
Dare I say that is a discipline issue.
Who wants to do the work without being told.
And we allow it?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165307

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Watched the first half and then left due to another engagement. Was impressed with our ability to run and carry out of the backline. The ball movement looked to be a lot better and we were moving the ball a lot quicker. However for some reason we seemed to stop and hold the ball up when we got to 55-60 metres out. Not sure if this was caused by the forwards not leading to the right areas or the simple fact that we just stopped. Chris Bryan looks to be a handy pick up as does the return of Josh Burke and the speed of Gordon Narrier should be a bonus. Sam Garstone will obviously be better for the run.

Lachie Dennis looks to have a new role in the team and was playing as a lead up forward, taking some very good marks and realising the ball quickly. From what I saw of him in the first half I'd say he was one of our better players.

Obviously the second half was a different story going by what's been said on here. For those that weren't at the game, I'll post a list of the teams.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Scratchie v Cl 5 years 3 weeks ago #165308

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Bell, Byrne, C.Jones, Yeo, Dennis, Bryan, Taylor, Leggett, Colledge, Browne, Payne, Narrier, Rogers, Eyres, Bennell, Giblett, Johnson, Hill, Edmonds, Henderson, Burke, Smith, Garstone, John, Baldwin-Wright.

Lague, Cary, Marlin, Scotney, Langdon, Levien all played reserves.

Richardson, Bradshaw, Waterman, Mountford, Bolton, Ledger, Lewsey, England, Rogers, Martinis, Eastland, Palfrey, Goddard, Laurie, Hamp, Bennett, T.Smallwood, Wallace, Hardisty, McCracken, Treacy, Gilbert, Rushforth, D.Smallwood, McGee.

Lim, Beeck, Law, Winmar, Oakley all played reserves for Claremont.

• Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 426 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog