Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161760

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Have to disagree DD.
Chubby has been a hard working and very generous supporter of the Club for decades.
No doubt there is red and black in the veins.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161761

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
PD there is no doubt that the winds of change are blowing.
No one is blaming hard workers who have done the job in the past.
Unfortunately we have not had a Cliff Houghton or Vince Yovich amongst us to turn to.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161763

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
PD 1989. Thanks for your PM.
How do we know if Bob Shields and his group can change things?
We listen to what they are telling us, we ask questions, what is the reasoning, and then we weigh it up and compare with what has been done and how it has been done in the past.
What are the ways that it can be done better and smarter? Is it all feasible? What impact will it have?
Then individually, we will decide and vote accordingly for what we each believe is in the best interests of the club.

Last edit: by smokey.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161771

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

smokey wrote: PD 1989. Thanks for your PM.
We listen to what they are telling us, we ask questions, what is the reasoning, and then we weigh it up and compare with what has been done and how it has been done in the past.
What are the ways that it can be done better and smarter? Is it all feasible? What impact will it have?
Then individually, we will decide and vote accordingly for what we each believe is in the best interests of the club.

Well he certainly has my vote, and I hope you are right because IMO there is only 1 thing that can make a difference to our club and that is on field success.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161787

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Demons Forever wrote: The first step in the change process is to admit that change is necessary.
My apologies but 3 finals campaigns in 40 years is dismal failure.
The group looking for change are successful people on and off the field.
During that 40 years we have never had anybody with the nous to bring success to the Club.
That is of course with due respect as those people have given their time to try.
We are not going anywhere we need to look for new ideas.
As Bob Shields has alluded to our future will require higher levels of business accumen.

I agree.
If you dissect just our last 20 years it makes for very poor reading.
Every WAFL club in this time has played in a minimum of 2 grand finals,every WAFL club in this timeframe has won at least 1 flag quite a few with 2 or more.
Under our current coach we have finished last,second last,last and sixth.

Nothing in all that to get excited about,I think change is needed off field first and if nothing happens in our coaches fifth year he could be the next one under the microscope come 2020.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161790

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Smokey I didn’t mean to offend. But you did suggest I could go and support another WAFL club if I didn’t support new ticket.
So we’re getting somewhere. Lawrence led era was full of good people who worked hard. Saved this clubinmany ways. So my question is: what are these people going to do different?
First, they raise their business credientals. Well there’s questions here.
Second, what are they going to do different on-field? Their own onfield exploits are completely irrelevant. They are not getting out their playing or coaching. What are their plans for zone development? Player retention?
Lauding your own playing days means nothing in this context. That Bob Shieldsis a great of this club is undisputed. But it’s a flag to wave. Not a guarantee of anything.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161791

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Whatever happens, and whoever ends up in charge: It seems the club has to do something about communication. Not sure who raised it but this is a real issue. Perhaps ideas from members about real ways to improve communication would be welcomed by the post-Feb board.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161792

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

PD1899 wrote:

smokey wrote: PD 1989. Thanks for your PM.

Well he certainly has my vote, and I hope you are right because IMO there is only 1 thing that can make a difference to our club and that is on field success.

Correct

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161793

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Exactly build it and they will come.

On-field success.
They will come.

We will pay for it.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161794

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

personal demon wrote: Whatever happens, and whoever ends up in charge: It seems the club has to do something about communication. Not sure who raised it but this is a real issue. Perhaps ideas from members about real ways to improve communication would be welcomed by the post-Feb board.

Lack of communication and transparency was a major point of contention at the AGM. So too were questionable practises in bar and function operations and reporting.
There are other issues as well that require answers.
Members need to ask questions of all parties seeking election and satisfy themselves on the answers then vote accordingly. But do vote because if you don't take that opportunity you can hardly complain later.
For me, my vote is with Bob Shields and I am very comfortable with that.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 273 guests and 6 members online

• Royals78
  • Time For a Flag
  • one time only
  • Southerner
  • Mossstreetshark83
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits