Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Perth Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159953

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Yep thats the one. Brad Fox. He got into a tangle with Plugger at some stage
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perth Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159954

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

Time For a Flag wrote: Yep thats the one. Brad Fox. He got into a tangle with Plugger at some stage

I was at that game. Plugger nearly killed him. I genuinely feared for his life. The ball was down the other end of the ground when they started to tangle and Plugger quickly got him in a chokehold and wouldn't relent.

Must have been around 1991 I reckon. I remember seeing Willie Dick make his debut against St Kilda around the same time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Time For a Flag

Perth Best Side-1980s 5 years 5 months ago #159981

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Yeah when I went looking for Brad Fox's name I saw a game - perhaps the same one as the Plugger incident - but no footage of it. I was surprised to see Willie Dick out there as well. Two goals I think but also two bad handpass' that the commentators didn't like too much
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

• Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 351 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020