• Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: Recruiting 2019

Recruiting 2019 1 week 2 days ago #159607

• DD
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 465
Us Perth supporters have been set up for a fall so many times over the years these days I take a "I'll believe it when I see it" view or as you say PD, when I see him run out in red and black. Let's take last two years for example.

Last year we sign 2 ex Casey Scorpion players Giobi and Cox. One breaks a fingernail in the off season and goes home never to return. Giobi stayed and looked handy and capable but after just one season has departed.

The previous year there was all this excitement after Mzungu signed, then gets snapped up by GWS, tears a hammy in the pre season, plays a handful of games for GWS and comes back to WA but takes a job with Fremantle and plays a bit of country or ammos footy for fun.

I can see the same thing happening with Johnno. Already talk Fremantle will offer him an indigenous role and probably get talked into playing a handful of bush footy games for good coin.

I reckon the bloke that called 6PR with a rumour that Michael Barlow was going to play for Perth was taking the piss. I hate to say it but I can see us going backwards again next year. Can see EF, Swans Peel and East Perth all sweeping past us next year unless the football department get their shit together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recruiting 2019 1 week 2 days ago #159608

• Freezin
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 419
The potential 30-40 goalkicker could be Strnadica, heard a few clubs have put out some good offers to the fella....be a handy addition st a wide variety of clubs in 2019

Recruiting 2019 1 week 2 days ago #159637

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Thank you received: 61

DD wrote: Us Perth supporters have been set up for a fall so many times over the years these days I take a "I'll believe it when I see it" view or as you say PD, when I see him run out in red and black. Let's take last two years for example.

Last year we sign 2 ex Casey Scorpion players Giobi and Cox. One breaks a fingernail in the off season and goes home never to return. Giobi stayed and looked handy and capable but after just one season has departed.

The previous year there was all this excitement after Mzungu signed, then gets snapped up by GWS, tears a hammy in the pre season, plays a handful of games for GWS and comes back to WA but takes a job with Fremantle and plays a bit of country or ammos footy for fun.

I can see the same thing happening with Johnno. Already talk Fremantle will offer him an indigenous role and probably get talked into playing a handful of bush footy games for good coin.

I reckon the bloke that called 6PR with a rumour that Michael Barlow was going to play for Perth was taking the piss. I hate to say it but I can see us going backwards again next year. Can see EF, Swans Peel and East Perth all sweeping past us next year unless the football department get their shit together.

Weren't some of those clubs already in front of Perth? And some were behind, and those were that were behind I don't think will necessarily sweep past either.

Recruiting 2019 2 days 10 hours ago #159920

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 118
I see the enigmatic Zareth Roe has been added to the list along with Carl Green from EF.

Recruiting 2019 12 hours 48 minutes ago #159959

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 66
Is it Tomorrow yet???

Recruiting 2019 12 hours 6 minutes ago #159960

• Freezin
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
Yeah heard Carl Green was at Perth....hopefully Wiley is going to poach all of EF good players for Perth...LOL

Last edit: by Freezin.

Recruiting 2019 11 hours 42 minutes ago #159961

• Demons Forever
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 96
Freezn looks to me that Carl is a resreves player at best.
I hope we are not wasting points on him.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Recruiting 2019 8 hours 59 minutes ago #159965

• Freezin
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
DF small forward type, which Perth have some gooduns already...had chances this year and never seemed to get going, change of club may do him the world of good.....

Moderators: Dazzler
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags