Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161466

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
We've got a 205 cm 99 kg bloke on our list named Daniel Chapman-Hill. Age 20 played only a handful of colts and reserves games. Anyone know much about him?

www.wafl.com.au/players/view/6497
Get on your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161467

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Sydney Stack is training with Richmond.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161468

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
30, Dayle Ballantyne (FM) did say at AGM that we did target several experienced ruckmen but did not get anyone over the line. He also suggested that several other clubs are concerned about not being able to sign experienced ruckmen. Including Subiaco, I believe.
He said that we are still trying but we may have to go with what we have.
Christian Eyres backed up by Dakota Baldwin-Wright 20 199/98 who has been in the seniors for a couple of seasons, Daniel Chapman-Hill as DD has alluded 20 205/99, and then pinch-hitters such as Sam Garstone (if he has finally thrown off is injury woes), Brent Latch if he does play- is doing pre-season and training well and is a very versatile player, Clayton Giblett who shows that he can ruck and very good on body contacts and nullifying the hitout if he doesn't win it.
So, unless Santa has a good one in his sack this Xmas, it seems that we will have to go with what we have got.
On another note, we seem to be getting taller overall which is a change from recent seasons. There are quite a few players 190 and over with several 195 plus including a couple of 199s and of course DCH @ 205

Last edit: by smokey.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161469

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Roman wrote: Sydney Stack is training with Richmond.

A bit of old news Roman. He has been living with Damien Hardwick and training with Richmond for a couple of weeks now.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161470

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

smokey wrote:

Roman wrote: Sydney Stack is training with Richmond.

A bit of old news Roman. He has been living with Damien Hardwick and training with Richmond for a couple of weeks now.

The "Sports Guru" mentioned it this morning.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161670

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Glad to see Zareth Roe back on the list. I know I have harped on about him a bit over the last few years but I think he could be a star at WAFL level and still be drafted if he gets his head right. I hope he is given more of a forward role this time around, he has a great leap and IMO is more suited as a forward than a back pocket or half back.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161841

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Tonight during Marty's speech he mentioned last years on field success numerous times. He is deluded - last year may have been an "improvement" but if that is where the mark is to call it "success" then we are in bigger trouble than I thought.
I still think Earl is doing a great job by bringing these youngsters through and retaining many of them. But the wolves will be at the door and after his blood if we don't make finals this year.
In saying that I think we have recruited and nurtured players well enough over the past 3 years to finally make the finals this year.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161845

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
I think Marty may be a little ahead of himself. I like what Perth are doing but I don't see them making finals- if they don't add to the team. They also seem to lose 1-2 best 18 players each year. But they're no longer the easybeats- thats EF :(

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161857

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

KCEF wrote: I think Marty may be a little ahead of himself. I like what Perth are doing but I don't see them making finals- if they don't add to the team. They also seem to lose 1-2 best 18 players each year. But they're no longer the easybeats- thats EF :(

We were close to finals last year. A late goal on the siren by East Perth kept us out. But, close is not enough. I was actually glad we missed out, (geez did I just say that?), because IMO our young squad was not quite ready for the step-up to finals footy. When we finally do make the finals, I would like to think that we are worthy and able to take on the other finalists and not be there just to make up the numbers.
Subi, Falcons and Bulldogs have each been our nemesis, in home and away, but heavy finals drubbings could have had a devastating effect on the younger players. We needed, and still need, some key recruits to take that extra step-up to finals.
At the very least, we need an experienced ruckman and a 50 goal forward target. Sadly we have not been able fill our shopping list so we again have to continue to develop our needs from within which takes time. The recruiting that we have done, including the return of Rogers and Narrier, are positives.
Having said all that, Earl has done a great job with what he has got. We now have a group of talented younsters with a couple of years experience at senior level whom we can expect will step up further and be competitive with all comers during the home and away season and whom will be able to contend with the added pressures of finals footy should we qualify.

Overall, we have more younsters coming through to the senior squad and I am confident that we will be much more competitive. Will that get us to finals in 2019? I hope so. We will just have to wait and see.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161863

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 157
I think that unless we can land Johnno and Andrews we are unlikely to make finals. Our recruiting so far stands at Bryan (whose stats at Subi don't inspire confidence), Rogers and Narrier. Our losses are MacFarlane, Giobbi and White. It seems to me those recruits will only replace what we have lost and not make the team any better. I said before that I think losing White is a blow. I understand he has been injured a lot and looks disinterested at times. But if he could stay fit he would kick 50 goals. No-one else in our squad is capable of that, unless Johnno comes on board and plays forward, which in my view he should. We may sneak into the 5 with 9-10 wins, but I think 6-8 is more likely.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 327 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Danger

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL