Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154524

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Come on freez...give Sean a break...you know how precious he is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154557

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
About as precious as a Subi supporter when they can no longer afford to make paper bag payments.

Last edit: by PD1899.

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154561

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

Dwert wrote: Gents seriously not intending to be a smart arse but I was surprised by the ease of the SF win today I was really expecting a fired up performance from the Dees today with their season on the line and a sniff of finals action.

Looking at the stats SF appeared to dominate in all areas with something like a 100 odd more possessions. They also lost Higgins early thru injury yet where still able to dominate the clearances. Shaw looks as though he had a day out with a career best seven goals, his form at times this year has diabolical and I for one have been one of his biggest critics. He is a big key to our finals performance if he could find a patch of form that nets him a good haul of goals it would certainly aid the SF fortunes in September.

I hope your club continues it’s upward spiral next year, the WAFL,needs a strong PFC.

It was over 180 more disposals.
The mark differential was also incredible ( 136 to 55 )
Just 4 quarters of disappointment

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154563

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

PD1899 wrote: About as precious as a Subi supporter when they can no longer afford to make paper bag payments.

With $3.5m in liquid assets that's not going to happen any time soon if it's happening at all. Do you know something the rest of us don't and have proof to go with it? If not, then pull your head in.

Last edit: by BC.

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154566

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Perth are a team that have been playing as if they don't want to be Finals bound. They had their second lowest Ball Disposal & Disposals Ins 50 mtr count for the season in this match.
All of which gives us a return of 54.6 Ball Disposals / Goal, over 7 Disposals Ins 50 / Goal and only 12 scoring shots in the match. And a too low strike rate of just over 13%. They are not playing to try and reach the Finals with figures of that nature. Not trying to be critical, must be again disappointing for the members/ supporters.

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154568

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

swan42 wrote:

Freezin wrote: Thanks Sean....

If only Malcolm Turnbull was as consistent as we can rely on your puerile comments.

42...stop feeding my puerility then by not responding to those Sean posts, if you aren't Sean.....folk are gonna think you are Sean mate......it ain't rocket science.

Perth have had a great season, yeah disappointing to be faltering at the pointy end, but at the start of the season, you boys would of donated your right nut for 7 wins and be in contention for a finals spot so deep in the H&A season......big ask v Subi, but hey you can never say never.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154581

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 218
Correct Freezn. There were a lot of Perth supporters who at the beginning of the season claimed that we would struggle to win a game at all.
Others like myself believed that we could crack 3 wins. By winning 7 games together with several other games where we could or should have won eg that game against EP, the boys gave us a good ride and lifted hopes of making finals. It also brought some supporters out of the woodwork.
The way we have lost the last two games has been devastating and we face Subi to close out the season this week. Perhaps we raised our hopes too high.
As I have said previously, we have built a solid foundation this season and have some good young talent coming through but that will not be sufficient to go forward in 2019 without some prudent and astute recruiting.
We will need a top flight ruckman, a tall key forward who can kick 50+ goals, a tall key defender and an in & under mid and a running swingman in the midfield.
A tough task but we need to do it. And it can be done if the will is there..
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by smokey.

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154598

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Our self belief obviously came crashing down with that loss to EP.
We should never have been 28 points down.
The fact that we fought back and hit the front should have given us hope.
To play as badly as we have the last 2 weeks is disappointing.
Have a good crack this week and finish the season on a high note at least.
The Club has a lot of work to do over summer.
If it does not get done then the Club needs to be cleaned out.
Actually a good clean out would be good anyway don't wait until next year that wastes another year,.
get some people in that are going to do the job that needs to be done.
No excuses.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154607

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
It is an interesting debate regarding the season as a whole. It reminds me a little of Subi's effort in 1984, where we were in the four mid season, had a fade-out, before winning our last two games to register nine wins and finish seventh. Comparring the two, one step further, I would add that Spalding has done a better job than Bunton did, simply, because, 'the little master' had more talent at his disposal big Earl has today.

Round 20 2018 - Lose and it’s all over red rover 5 years 8 months ago #154753

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Bit sensitive there BC? It will all come out eventually.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 344 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • premiership hangover
  • That_slick_left

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple