Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150808

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Well done to your boys.Far too good on the day. I think you have a great chance of making the five this year from what I saw today. All I could see was a number 7 jumper running around everywhere....
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150809

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Well done boys another monkey off the back. We've got 4 very winnable games in front of us. Then a bye before the last two games against No 2 and No 1 teams in the comp away from home to finish off the home and away season. Not sure if 9 wins will cut it to make the 5 and our percentage is not great.

I'm sure finals is not the focus for Earl Spalding but it will be nice if we are there abouts when the whips are cracking down the home straight.
Get on your bike.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150831

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Our percentage isn't that bad DD considering the other teams around us. There's five teams at the moment playing for the last two positions in the top five. Top three is locked for me.

With out looking to far ahead, in the next month we play teams around us on the ladder. Obviously how we go in these games will determine were we finish in 2018.

One thing we will need to tighten up heading into the last six weeks of the season is our defence, defensive pressure and how easily at times we are scored against. Despite missing White and Garstone for large chunks of this year we are averaging 86.75 points a game which is the fourth best in the league. However we are conceding on average 98.5 points a game which is the second highest behind East Fremantle.

This is an area of our game that needs to be tightened up.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150840

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote: Our percentage isn't that bad DD considering the other teams around us. There's five teams at the moment playing for the last two positions in the top five. Top three is locked for me.

With out looking to far ahead, in the next month we play teams around us on the ladder. Obviously how we go in these games will determine were we finish in 2018.

One thing we will need to tighten up heading into the last six weeks of the season is our defence, defensive pressure and how easily at times we are scored against. Despite missing White and Garstone for large chunks of this year we are averaging 86.75 points a game which is the fourth best in the league. However we are conceding on average 98.5 points a game which is the second highest behind East Fremantle.

This is an area of our game that needs to be tightened up.

We will lose another 10% when we play Subiaco again.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150841

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Agree 98.5 points against is not good but I don't think it is all to do with defensive pressure. Our backline, whilst not overladen with ability, has stood up to enormous pressure at most times.
We win 2 if not 3 quarters of football and yet we lose games. It is the vital overall lapses that have lost games. This is when forward pressure and midfield run drops and the backline gets over run.
If we are to play finals we cannot afford to drop games when we are in front early in the last quarter as we have been in several games this season when we have been unable to close out those games.
Finals are a different ball game and any lapses are terminal.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150844

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
The real pleasing thing other than the 4 points is we got the lead from the get go and didnt give it up and were challenged in the 3rd and then kicked away.
Great win away from home.

Personally i think finals are out of the question especially when we have Subi and South away in the last 2 games plus a game at Leederville oval which we just dont win there often.
I think we have 3 wins left in us all home games.
Just on fixturing,i think its all over the place each season but how does a perennial bottom team get to play the best 2 teams in the comp away from home back to back last 2 games,clearly before fixturing these 2 teams were going to be top 3.
They bang on about equalisation...........

I agree Smokey re-recruiting for next season lets hope they are working on it now.
Our history on building on good years the following year is not great.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150856

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 385
A great win. Michael Sinclair was enormous particularly in that first half intercepting entries and switching play across half back. Yep, a rare lead-all-day win which is probably testimony to the growing belief and confidence in the team. We've made an art form of blowing big leads up there so good to get one back at a critical stage of the season.

I thought we made good decisions and executed by foot the best I've seen this season. I just wish they wouldn't try and play at 100 miles an hour all game. We got a caught out in that second quarter over racing and turning it over. Still, they are exciting to watch at the moment.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150857

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

smokey wrote: Agree 98.5 points against is not good but I don't think it is all to do with defensive pressure. Our backline, whilst not overladen with ability, has stood up to enormous pressure at most times.
We win 2 if not 3 quarters of football and yet we lose games. It is the vital overall lapses that have lost games. This is when forward pressure and midfield run drops and the backline gets over run.
If we are to play finals we cannot afford to drop games when we are in front early in the last quarter as we have been in several games this season when we have been unable to close out those games.
Finals are a different ball game and any lapses are terminal.

Agree smokey. On defensive pressure I meant all around the ground and not just in the back 50. Forwards working hard to keep the ball inside our attacking 50, midfield spreading and tackling hard to stop the easy ball getting through.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Round 14 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 8 months ago #150858

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dazzler wrote: A great win. Michael Sinclair was enormous particularly in that first half intercepting entries and switching play across half back. Yep, a rare lead-all-day win which is probably testimony to the growing belief and confidence in the team. We've made an art form of blowing big leads up there so good to get one back at a critical stage of the season.

I thought we made good decisions and executed by foot the best I've seen this season. I just wish they wouldn't try and play at 100 miles an hour all game. We got a caught out in that second quarter over racing and turning it over. Still, they are exciting to watch at the moment.

I think I read or heard a radio interview a couple of weeks ago where Earl said the same thing i.e going at 100 miles an hour.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 302 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes