Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148525

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
After a great effort against Subiaco for three and a bit quarters last weekend we take on Swan Districts this Saturday at 2:50pm. Been delayed as it's on 7mate and will lead into the AFL coverage starting at 6pm between Eagles and Saints.

We must take the effort and tenacity we showed against the Lions and put it together for four quarters, not one, not two or three but four quarters.

I know it was wet and this would have helped in this stat but we laid 34 tackles in the first quarter last week. We should be aiming to try and get at least 25-30 tackles a quarter. Effort and intensity at each and every contest.

We could be without Cody Leggett who has been offered a two match ban, down to one with an early guilty plea. Hopefully the club challenges as from what I saw it was hand bags at best.

Scotney provided a good contest up forward however I would like to see Lennon Marlin come into the side to give some extra assistance either up forward or down back. Michael Bennell kicked two goals again and is definitly pushing for a league call up. Devin McFarlane got through his second game in a row and getting him back into the league team should help with our ball movement.

I think we need to bring in another tall to help Dakota out. Fraser Barns or Adrian Locicero are the two players that are sharing the ruck duties in the reserves. On current form they are not setting the world on fire but Dakota can not ruck all game by himself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148662

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
Sinclair and McFarlane back.
Leggett out is a big loss.
I'd like to think we are a chance but I can't see us winning at Basso.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148693

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Cesspit wrote: Sinclair and McFarlane back.
Leggett out is a big loss.
I'd like to think we are a chance but I can't see us winning at Basso.

FFS team is starting to gel a little and we get 2 good players back but lose arguabley our best player. Marlin and Bennell need to replace Denis and Chester.

Last edit: by PD1899.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148696

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Happy Bennell is getting a run but Again Lennon Marlin not Included. What is going on, kicks bags of goals and highest disposals last week still not getting a run. Meanwhile Other players getting zero ball are getting chance after chance.

Last edit: by PD1899.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148709

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
How do you play like hat in he first half and then dish up this rubbish in the second.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148713

• Freezin
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
WTF happened after half time?...8.1 in the first quarter.....wish EF could kick 8 goals in a game let alone a quarter.....pity your boys couldn't keep it going.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148715

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Mr AFL wrote: How do you play like hat in he first half and then dish up this rubbish in the second.

My opinion,not many game winning changes in the coaches box plus the usual high stat of turnover.
I would have sat Bennell at FF for the whole 3rd quarter and started with one behind the ball at centre bounces and let two stay there in general play.

You just new we were going to stop scoring and they were going to come mindyou they did get the run of the green today.

Memo to the club.
Go out and recruit some experience (tall Kpp’s,lead ruck and quality outside mid)if you don’t some of these young gun kids we have if they don’t get drafted they’ll drift off to amateurs.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148720

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44
26 minute mark of the second quarter P 12.4 to SD 5.6, a lead of forty points. After that, SD 12.7 to P 1.3. A 76 point turn around in a tad over 2 quarters. FFS!!

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148722

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: How do you play like hat in he first half and then dish up this rubbish in the second.

My opinion,not many game winning changes in the coaches box plus the usual high stat of turnover.
I would have sat Bennell at FF for the whole 3rd quarter and started with one behind the ball at centre bounces and let two stay there in general play.

You just new we were going to stop scoring and they were going to come mindyou they did get the run of the green today.

Memo to the club.
Go out and recruit some experience (tall Kpp’s,lead ruck and quality outside mid)if you don’t some of these young gun kids we have if they don’t get drafted they’ll drift off to amateurs.

Agree mate. Despite the possible coaching mistakes, I think it is also a bit between the ears of the players. When they get challenged they seem to go to water very quickly.

Round Nine 2018 vs Swan Districts 5 years 10 months ago #148723

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Country member wrote: 26 minute mark of the second quarter P 12.4 to SD 5.6, a lead of forty points. After that, SD 12.7 to P 1.3. A 76 point turn around in a tad over 2 quarters. FFS!!

Obviously Swans would try and tighten things up in the second half but FFS we kick 12.4 in the first and 1.3 in the second. That’s complete rubbish.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.
  • Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 540 guests and 5 members online

• Beasley Hutton
  • Freezin
  • Swedgen
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits