Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147347

• Stand the Test
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Six clubs have played 15 games.

Subiaco have won 11, souths and PFC 8, Claremont 7, pt 6 and ef 4.

Two clubs have played 18 games and wp have won 10 and sd 9.

Ep are 6 from 12.

Meaningless that we are going ok as a club? Probably.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Stand the Test.

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147369

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
What's your point?

Yes the reserves and colts are going well at the moment but the league team needs to improve.

Without taking anything away from the reserves and colts it's the performances of the league team that supporters predominately care about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PD1899

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147376

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Stand the Test wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: I believe that the effort shown so far this season has not been of the same level as it was compared to this time last year.

I think results this year are not quite as good as last year but I reckon also bit down on personnel this year as compared to last year. I can't help but keep coming back to 3rd q against Peel when we had Eyres, Sinkers, Spence, Ninja etc etc on the field and in form.

I thought I'd respond to this here rather than in the 'Demons vs Falcons' thread as it's probably more relevant here.

Comparing the first five rounds of 2017 to that of 2018.

In 2017 we were 1-4. We are the same in 2018.

1-SD Only 6-points down at 3qt time, ended up losing by 12-points. Did not have Brennan Stack or Kurtis Chester in the league team.

2-S Went into half time 8-points ahead, but were outscored four goals to eight after half time. Lost by 23-points. Did not have Chester, Stack or Michael Sinclair in the league team.

3-C Claremont were just to good over the course of the day. Lost by 59-points. No Sinclair, Brent Latch or Brant Colledge in the league team.

4-EF Good overall performance by the team kicking four goals in every quarter to defeat the Sharks by 13-points. No Sinclair, Latch, Colledge or Lennon Marlin in the league team.

6-EP Only 9-points down at half time but poor kicking in the second half hurt with and accurate East Perth kicking 10.2 goals while we kicked 7.9 goals. No Latch and Colledge in the league team.

1-SD We were only 3-points down five minutes into the third quarter. Swans kicked the next six goals to be 40-points up at 3 qrt time. Lost by 45-points. No Chester, Sinclair, Marlin, Richard Bourne, Devin McFarlane and Clint Jones in the league team.

2-EF Wasteful third quarter proved costly as we lost by 7-points to the Sharks. No Marlin, Colledge, Bourne, McFarlane, Mitch Lague or Sam Garstone in the league team.

3-PT Very good third qrt gave us a big enough lead to hold onto against a fast finishing Peel team. Won by 6-points. No Marlin, McFarlane, Lague or Garstone in the league team.

4-EP East Perth kicked eight goals to two in the first quarter and this for me is where the damage was done. Lost by 37-points. No Marlin, McFarlane, Lague, Garstone, Sinclair and Redmond Dobson in the league team.

5-WP The Falcons came out of the blocks kicking the opening five goals in the first 15 mins of the match and just looked to slick for the Demons. The game slowed down a bit in the second half with West Perth appearing to just go through the motions. We lost by 62-points. No McFarlane, Sinclair, Lague, Garstone, Christian Eyres, Spencer White and Cody Ninyette in the league team.

This year the Demons are averaging almost 8 more inside 50's over the first five games but our scoring is down. Last year averaged 85.8 and this year 76.4. The scores against are pretty much the same.

Over the first five games last year, apart from the Clarmont game we were in most games until late in the third quarter or the early stages of the fourth. Against East Perth we were still in the game early in the third.

This year though we have seen Swan Districts over run us in the second half and win pretty comprehensively, East Perth and West Perth both had fast starts against us and the team not been able to make up the lost ground.

I believe that they effort and concentration levels were a lot better at this stage last season compared to this year, hence my criticism of the players attitude over the last two weeks.

We appear to go missing for large chunks of games. Yes this was also an issue last year, however it was usually in the second half. This year it seems to be happening a lot earlier in games and leaving us with a mountain of work to do to get back into the game.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147384

• Stand the Test
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Great analysis Mr, thank you. Better starts seem the key then. Hard to imagine we give up before the game starts so must be a concentration thing. My point about overall club performance is that, while completely accepting your point about league performance, a lot of the full on wafl supporters take an interest in all grades and when we do that we are not an on field basket case.

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147385

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Stand the Test wrote: Great analysis Mr, thank you. Better starts seem the key then. Hard to imagine we give up before the game starts so must be a concentration thing. My point about overall club performance is that, while completely accepting your point about league performance, a lot of the full on wafl supporters take an interest in all grades and when we do that we are not an on field basket case.

An interest yes but really.
My view is at the end of the day the seniors are what guide the club to the level of success that is measured in your clubs history.
My opinion we are every bit the basket case that I and the majority believe we are.

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147386

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Correct we are an offield basket case as well.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147388

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Demons Forever wrote: Correct we are an offield basket case as well.

Absolutely

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147416

• Stand the Test
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
I am sure some will not care less but my promise is to not post again til PFC are in the 5 in all three grades. See you soon!!

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147433

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
STT: I alwys enjoy readding your threads and posts so keep them coming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mighty Bulldogs, Stand the Test

PFC Overall Performance 5 years 11 months ago #147471

• Stand the Test
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Thanks Ark, going to avoid PFC site I mean but will keep contributing to the interesting debates elsewhere. Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mighty Bulldogs

• Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 165 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977