Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146300

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Perth’s poor first quarter start really cost them. Scoring 2 Goals, 3 Minors for their 12 sorties Ins 50. That returned 41 Ball disposals / Goal. And Perth’s high 6 Disposals Ins50 per Goal shows the oppositions back half was causing problems when Perth were going forward. Although Perth was very accurate by kicking 3 straight goals in the second quarter, they simply did not possess the ball enough. Perth only managed 5 goals 3 minors for the first half and yet booted 10 in the second half of the match. They played well in the final term with taking 14.8 Disposals per Goal, and 17 Inside 50’s, with a high offence rate of 44%. Sadly they left their run too late or the opposition relaxed in the last term. They failed matching the opposition in the first three quarters. I suppose what could have been, in reality isn’t. Perth could have found themselves in the top 3 or 4 tonight on the league ladder had they won today. A difficult match coming up next week hosting West Perth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146311

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Accepting that WCER came out of the first bounce and took control of the first quarters the thing that disappointed me was the Perth players inability to control the ball when they had it, they seemed to want to try to match the ball speed and movement of WCER when that did not seem to fit their game plan.

From my side of the fence I saw a lot abt Perth that was good but wondered at times why they did not seem to want to or could play tempo football so that WCER had to change their play, yes there is a difference between the teams but the Perth players must have a game plan that allows for controlling the game when needed.

The absolute highlight for me was seeing a couple of kids with signs supporting the Demons and then the banner at the back of the shed, perhaps it could be put somewhere a bit more visible but we cannot cover the hoarding can :angry:
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146313

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Hoarding can Grump?

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146318

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mr AFL wrote: Hoarding can Grump?

not sure what you mean, I am a feral remember! Sometimes well mostly I am a dum rrr's,'should have ended 'can we!'
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146322

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Tempo footy been a problem for PFC for a long time. That is why we are almost always beaten by run ons resulting in oppo kicking multiple goals. We just can't stop them. On the other hand we are still working on playing a good attacking style of play, not going into our shells, always pushing up. We are getting better at this then when we are good we can work on the nuances that will make us a top team. I don't think ep stopped at all in last q , we just kept coming.

Ps a lot of goals from soft umpiring for ep yesterday.

Pps ep are cheats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PD1899

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146323

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Stand the Test wrote: Tempo footy been a problem for PFC for a long time. That is why we are almost always beaten by run ons resulting in oppo kicking multiple goals. We just can't stop them. On the other hand we are still working on playing a good attacking style of play, not going into our shells, always pushing up. We are getting better at this then when we are good we can work on the nuances that will make us a top team. I don't think ep stopped at all in last q , we just kept coming.

Ps a lot of goals from soft umpiring for ep yesterday. funny but frees were pretty much the same but that is the game you watched so ok

Pps ep are cheats.

No more or less than others but again that is your opinion

I was pointing out that if you had played with some notion of how to control the game in the earlier 1/4's perhaps the result would have been better for u, it beggars the question abt game plans and what they are or if there is one.

Last edit: by Grump.

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146325

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
And you are right Grump, we have little notion of how to control a game, but I think it will come. It will come long before ep stop cheating I suspect but you know, good on you.

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146330

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Stand the Test wrote: And you are right Grump, we have little notion of how to control a game, but I think it will come. It will come long before ep stop cheating I suspect but you know, good on you.

I tell you what you're very good at polishing turds, what sort of timeline are you setting on Perth coming good because the way it looks now a decade is to short.

Last edit: by Peter North.

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146331

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Perth's high Tackle count in this match surprised me. 96 is the figure given. The highest tackle count so far this season. Which is 32 more that the opposition. Although Perth had 41 less Ball Disposals, they had an Inside 50's count of 53 which is 1 more than the team formerly known as east perth had.

Round Four 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 11 months ago #146332

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Grump wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Hoarding can Grump?

not sure what you mean, I am a feral remember! Sometimes well mostly I am a dum rrr's,'should have ended 'can we!'

About the signs. You said can not cover the hoarding can. What is a hoarding can?

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 301 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020