Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144844

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Had a 2006 Moss Wood with the cheese platter after the fish myself.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144860

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Hopefully the boys can put in a good performance today and not overuse the handball like they did last week. Kick it more often and give our forwards a chance. None of this kick and chase stuff.

Good luck to Zac Hill, Ben Giobbi, Corey Yeo, Mitch Lague and Richie Bourne who will all make their debuts today.

Also it will be good to welcome back Callum Collard, Cody Leggett, Sam Garstone and Spencer White.

Here's hoping the boys play well and no one gets injured.

For what it's worth here's more realistically how I think the team will line up this afternoon.

Mitch Henderson, Anton Scotney and Redmond Dobson have not been named in the final League side after being named in the extended squad on Thursday.

Lague Hill Levien
Taylor Giblett Giobbi
Chester Byrne Yeo
Leggett Garstone Ninyette
Collard White Johnson
Eyres Jones Colledge

Wilkins, Edmonds, Bourne, Cary

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144870

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
What has happened to Clint Jones?

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144871

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Must have sustained an injury at training PD?
Wasn't listed in the League side. Did not play Reserves either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PD1899

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144872

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
He didn’t pull up well after last weeks game.

The boys did well in the first half apart from still over using the handball. When we kick long we look a lot better. And for pete’s sake stop kicking across goal in the defence.

This third quarter has been a bloody disaster though. The boys still can’t put together a full game and I don’t think it’s fitness based it’s more between the ears.

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144877

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Went expecting to see more of the same and that's exactly what I saw. We don't have the skill or the football nouse to win games of footy. This club is in for another bleak year I'm afraid to say.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144880

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Another game riddled with errors from the PFC!
Discipline was a bit off a couple of times that cost 50 metre penaltiies and goals.

It makes me wonder,our ressies coach has been with us 2 years this his 3rd?
Spalding is now in his 4th as senior coach so why hasnt our skill levels improved?
I also question the game plan coming out of the backline,why do our players always look for the sideway kick?
17 of our players had 10 or less kicks instead choosing to over handball.
Its horrible to watch and generally we just hand the ball back to the opposition.

Leggett was very good and clearly our best imo.
Spencer White with a few possesions made them count kicking 4 goals.
We need to get the ball in his hands more often.
Unfortunately we are a team that will struggle more often than not to kick more than 10 goals in a game.
We lack class players that can dominate a game or turn a game on its head when needed.

Sadly i didnt see much out there today to make me think that 2018 is going to be any different to past seasons,wins will be very far and few between if any at all to be honest.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144887

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
I'm afraid that you are all correct everyone. Nothing but the same that we have been watching for many years past.
Too many skill errors, dropped marks, fumbles and missed targets. And no football smarts. No hard running and no idea where to run anyway.
I do feel sorry for the players. They do try very hard but as a team they are just not up to it at WAFL level.
Yes, we do lack class players but that is not the total answer. Class players do not want to commit to a club with our sort of mediocre history of the last 40 years. They want premiership and they don't see that happening at Lathlain.
For the club to go anywhere from here is going to need a mammoth happening, like a bomb dropped on the centre circle of Lathlain Park. I am not sure what sort of bomb that should be or where it would come from but I sure hope that it will happen soon because from where I am standing if it doesn't happen then forget about a premiership in the next five years, worry more about the club's survival in that time..

Last edit: by smokey.

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144889

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Let's not go into our shells already guys. I admit I was expecting better but if we'd played 120 mins of footy instead of 100 we would have got close to beating top 4 side. I know if, if but pretty good effort from a new side. CJ plays who know? Give it a month or so.

Opening round. Perth host Swans 6 years 3 weeks ago #144893

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

Stand the Test wrote: Let's not go into our shells already guys. I admit I was expecting better but if we'd played 120 mins of footy instead of 100 we would have got close to beating top 4 side. I know if, if but pretty good effort from a new side. CJ plays who know? Give it a month or so.

If the football department was as good as the propaganda department we'd be premiers every year.

Absolute pus today. Competitive for 8 minutes in the first quarter, 18 in the second and then the white flag went up. Diabolical skills by foot. What the fk do these guys work on all summer??

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1077 guests and one member online

• TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977