Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143849

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
PFC's only glaring deficiency is down back. Pressure is on midfield to strangle supply or make teams go wide where DEv McFarlane and Matt Taylor can clean up form the flanks. Let's just say CJ, CB, CY through season then midfield fine. I like Eyresy and now hitting prime. Forward line also fine if Spence, Sammy, Cal Collard and Ninja stay fit and firing.

We will surprise a few and who knows....

By the way let's not forget EP have not won a flag since 1978 when we are pouring a bucket on the Dees. One of their flags since was one year after the original alignment but as one poster said they were still benefiting from it.

Bring it on!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143855

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Don't mean to complain. What's all this 5 year talk! Perth should be aiming high this season, shouldn't they? We all saw what they could do in their final qualifying match of last season. A match they were not expected to win. Perth Footy Club need to start winning more consistently, starting now. Because the question needs asking, given the very sad state of the Wafl competition, is it going to be around in 5 years time?

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143857

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

westaussieguy wrote: Don't mean to complain. What's all this 5 year talk! Perth should be aiming high this season, shouldn't they? We all saw what they could do in their final qualifying match of last season. A match they were not expected to win. Perth Footy Club need to start winning more consistently, starting now. Because the question needs asking, given the very sad state of the Wafl competition, is it going to be around in 5 years time?

Well they've been rebuilding since 97 in the last 5 years of a 25 year rebuild.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143859

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
How about trying to pick holes in my analysis that our squad is OK and we will be a surprise packet this year?

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143866

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Stand the Test wrote: How about trying to pick holes in my analysis that our squad is OK and we will be a surprise packet this year?

Yep our backline is going to struggle,agree but its not the only glaring deficiency,imo.

Our midfield will be borderline and when the better mids need a rest we are shallow in support and lets face it as great a man as Clint Jones is these days when he racks up getting the ball how many times does he hurt the opposition? not many also hes not a noted goal kicker.

Eyres in the ruck gives it his all but thats where it ends,imo hes 28 next year and im not sure that hes hitting his prime,i think thats been and gone plus hes a support ruck at best and not a lead ruckman.

Our forward line is "ify" Garstone is good but bear in mind he will spend a fair bit of time rucking.
I doubt he will see a full year at CHF.
Spencer is injury prone plain and simple and such is our lack of tall KPP's in the club theres no ready made replacement if he goes down injured again.
The small forwards i see flashing in and out,some games they could kick a haul and some they will be very quiet.
Imo our forward line goal kicking power rests 80% on our small forwards and mids hitting the scoreboard.

Just on EP from 1979 to 2000 they played in roughly 13 finals campaign,how many did we play in?
You have to play in finals to give yourself a chance of winning a flag.
Something we have failed to do in most of that 20 odd year period and then in the next 18 odd years 2000 onwards nothing,no finals nothing!

All in all i see the usual season upset happening but a cant see us winning anymore than 5 games for the year.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143870

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
If Perth want to be more professional then send your captain with a Perth footy jumper on to the official captain press photo. I can not believe they did not and i can not believe the WAFL posted it on social media. Perth officials need a strong wrap over the knuckles and more

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143879

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
So we'll need some luck, fair enough we are due.

From recollection EP made finals once between the two alignments for a first semi loss (happy to be corrected). Tremendous.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143888

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
EP's record between alignments is just a tad better than that StT.

2003 - lost to WP in Preliminary Final
2007 - lost to SF in 1st Semi Final
2010 - lost to EF in 1st Semi Final
2012 - lost to SD in 1st Semi Final

But as has been said on more that one occasion; if you don't win the Premiership, you are no better off than finishing last. No one is remembered except the Premiers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stand the Test

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143922

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
Thanks OTO.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #143941

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

Stand the Test wrote: How about trying to pick holes in my analysis that our squad is OK and we will be a surprise packet this year?

I hope you are correct S t T. Would be fantastic to see Perth in the top part of the team rankings.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 741 guests and 3 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Success Hill
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric