Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142705

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Walley was a list clogger at best IMO.
Have we gained anything this pre-season? I think that we have but how much improvement that will bring remains to be seen. I am not sure that we can climb many places. Jury remains out.
It is interesting to study the gains and losses. It seems to me that we have had, possibly, the biggest turnover of players for several years. It seems that a line has been drawn in the sand and players that have been at the club for some time and not been able to rise to league level are gone and have been replaced with players with the potential to make that rise have come in to show their worth.
Of the major losses, Tropo, Bluey, Latch, Stacky, Gordo we seem to have covered with some of the gains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142710

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

PD1899 wrote: Roe is a big loss but lets be honest if he is that fickle then would not have been much value long term anyway. Lets hope he changes his mind. Couple of good pick ups Ben Giobbi, Richard Bourne and the fella from Trinity will be good pick ups for us. I think we will definitely be a better team than last year, but how much better is the question.

Do you know why Roe has left PD1899?

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142711

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've said it before this preseason and I'll say it again. How well we go in 2018 will be mainly determined by how often our best side is able to get on the park.

Yes every side has injuries but the amount we have had during Earl's tenure as coach as been ridiculous.

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142720

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mr AFL, I would hope that we have made big improvements to player fitness and strength and general player management.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 30plusyeardrought

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142725

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

smokey wrote: Mr AFL, I would hope that we have made big improvements to player fitness and strength and general player management.

As do I Smokey. Have not been to a training session yet or to one of the Thursday night bar sessions but hopeful to get down on Saturday and have a look.

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142731

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
In all fairness Redmond Dobson appears to be a tall defender.
Which we are in need of.
In the absence of any gun recruit needs to be given every chance.
Appears to have been playing at Trinity Aquinas.
Good luck Redmond give it your best shot.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142799

• personal demon
  • personal demon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Can confirm that Cox has gone home. With a broken finger?!!! Come on man. Looks like this guy might not be coming back. That's my guess. But if you're off home because a broken finger that's not a good sign. Can confirm that he's the lesser of the two Victorians according to the footy people. Haven't yet heard confirmation of Roe's leaving. Can confirm that Collard is still on the track.

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142835

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

personal demon wrote: Can confirm that Cox has gone home. With a broken finger?!!! Come on man. Looks like this guy might not be coming back. That's my guess. But if you're off home because a broken finger that's not a good sign. Can confirm that he's the lesser of the two Victorians according to the footy people. Haven't yet heard confirmation of Roe's leaving. Can confirm that Collard is still on the track.

So the first player I was excited about has gone home? Hopefully he's just taking the opportunity to go home to visit family and friends and he will be back.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

2018 - What we've got 6 years 2 months ago #142844

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, a bit unusual but there must be a reason. The earlier report was that he was out until round 8. That is about half the season gone. Could well be a quick trip home to see family only...I wont buy any conspiracy theory here.
Perhaps the club should put out a statement to clarify.

2018 - What we've got 6 years 1 month ago #142944

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Mr AFL wrote:

PD1899 wrote: Roe is a big loss but lets be honest if he is that fickle then would not have been much value long term anyway. Lets hope he changes his mind. Couple of good pick ups Ben Giobbi, Richard Bourne and the fella from Trinity will be good pick ups for us. I think we will definitely be a better team than last year, but how much better is the question.

Do you know why Roe has left PD1899?

Yes guys, Roe has decided not to play this year. He is disgruntled about not being drafted last year. The club is still in contact with him, hoping he will change his mind. But for now he is happy hanging with his mates.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 697 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977