Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141800

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'd like to hear the clubs answer if the WAFC asked why shouldn't we merge or dissolve you, I suspect the answer wouldn't be too flash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141801

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
4 decades of failure, 3 or 4 finals in that time doesn't look good on any clubs CV....extra points and player concessions....not sure what else the comp can do to help Perth out of their on field mire.... alignment maybe the next and only step.....Peel can testify to the alignment for facilitating on field success..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter North

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141802

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
And tbh the blame should be laid at the people who are running the club not the WAFC , there's been a lot of defending of the heirachy , long suffering Perth members and supporters deserve more from this club.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141803

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Well the hierarchy is anyone who has been in a position of power at this club over the last 40 years then PN.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141804

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote: Well the hierarchy is anyone who has been in a position of power at this club over the last 40 years then PN.

Yep and the sole reason why the club is where it is today.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141805

• Stand the Test
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
What you mean financially viable and vibrant despite its zone? ITZS. It's the zone stupid.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141806

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Hopefully you are all barking up the wrong tree on this topic.
The Perth Footy Club Prez has stated that NO alignment will take place. We can assume he, and said Club to keep their words true.
Besides, if Lathlain Park is revamped along the same lines as Claremont Oval (after Bassendean Oval is completed), then the Demons will probably receive an income stream from that as well? It's not as if the Club is screaming poor.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141807

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

smokey wrote: Forget all the legal argument.
If anyone has to go, I say, "last in, first out" which means that there are 3 or 4 clubs out before Perth and probably Subi is one of them..
But then I'm biased, I think!!!!

Smokey Subi were incorporated in 1896 and joined the WA state football comp in 1901 which I think may have been before EP, so 117 years in the state comp. If your looking for the comp "newbies" you would look at Swans or Claremont who didn't join the comp until late 20's or early 30's. That aside i don't give any extra weight to any club depending on when they joined. We have 8 ( 7 if you exclude EP) WAFL clubs and they should all be considered equal when it comes to decision making. Unfortunately you have the two AFL clubs and their pet slave the WAFC who hold all the cards and wont be dictated too by mere state league clubs.

Should the merge situation arise it should be every true WAFL supporter/member duty to protest against it. Individuals rarely prevail, only numbers give you a chance of winning the day.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141810

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
People at Subi need to be brave and confront Randall on the question. The obvious thing to do is to remind the man that his own club rejectted a merger with the Eagles in the lat 1980s. David Williamson, I believe, was our President at the time.

Alignment views 6 years 1 month ago #141811

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Spot on Arc, while Randy no longer holds any official position at SFC, he is often around the club on game days that don't clash with AFL games..

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 353 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes