Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141688

• Stand the Test
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Ok so EP have an AGM this Sunday. Let's imagine the members get some backbone and say they don't want the alignment to continue. Let's also assume that the Eagles basically get what they want from the WAFC. So the WAFC/Eagles start pressuring PFC to do 'what makes sense' and enter into some sort of an arrangement with the Club right next door, us. How would the true believers on this site react?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141699

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Stand the Test wrote: Ok so EP have an AGM this Sunday. Let's imagine the members get some backbone and say they don't want the alignment to continue. Let's also assume that the Eagles basically get what they want from the WAFC. So the WAFC/Eagles start pressuring PFC to do 'what makes sense' and enter into some sort of an arrangement with the Club right next door, us. How would the true believers on this site react?

Firstly StT the members did not have a say in the decision, apparently PFC have a different constitution and will have a say or so folk on here think.

How would I feel, well saddened for the PFC members!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141702

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
It has sent a shiver down my spine.

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141705

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Stand the Test wrote: Ok so EP have an AGM this Sunday. Let's imagine the members get some backbone and say they don't want the alignment to continue. Let's also assume that the Eagles basically get what they want from the WAFC. So the WAFC/Eagles start pressuring PFC to do 'what makes sense' and enter into some sort of an arrangement with the Club right next door, us. How would the true believers on this site react?

For mine it would fully depend on the nature of the agreement. Under certain circumstances I would be ok with it for a small trial time frame.

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141707

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Grump wrote:

Firstly StT the members did not have a say in the decision, apparently PFC have a different constitution and will have a say or so folk on here think.

How would I feel, well saddened for the PFC members!

It wouldn't matter the WAFC Constitution gives them the ultimate power to force change whether the club likes it or not. They could appoint PFC the aligned club regardless.

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141714

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
If Perth Football Club Inc. becomes the alignment club it is still governed by it's Constitution.
IMHO but not being a legal mind, there could be legal challenges if that entity is to become the alignment club without approval by members.
I have said it before that the WAFC could pull the licence from PFC Inc. and hand it to a new entity by any other name and leave PFC Inc. alone to ponder it's likely position as an amateur club.

Last edit: by smokey.

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141715

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

PD1899 wrote:

For mine it would fully depend on the nature of the agreement. Under certain circumstances I would be ok with it for a small trial time frame.

PD1899, There would be NO trial period. If alignment happens "that will be all, she wrote"

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141717

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
smokey: the board should be planning for such a contingency, sadly

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141732

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
but the most likely outcome is that EP will re-new their alignment.

Alignment views 6 years 2 months ago #141739

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
The least worst of the options is for the Eagles to be given their own stand alone team which makes East Perth a real WAFL team again and then we have a 10 team competition and no byes. Much better than the other unpalatable outcomes.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 728 guests and one member online

• Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977