OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 177 guests and 8 members online

  • Bazza
  • CrampedUp
  • Jaygee
  • one time only
  • Swandog
  • Viper
  • Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Hellcat
  • DonRobs
  • Guy85
  • dees04
  • Courto
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Eagles at Lathlain

Eagles at Lathlain 6 months 3 weeks ago #141514

  • DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2315
  • Thank you received: 427
We see everytime there is an Eagles story they are now based out at Lathlain Park. I guess they train during the day and our boys train late afternoon and evening or are Duke and the boys forced to train elsewhere? I wonder what benefits we are getting out of this if any? What I don't get is the Eagles would have the best training equipment money can buy over at Subiaco Oval. Have they filled our gym with their equipment?

And does anyone know what the financial arrangement is regarding the lease? Are we still the main tenant and sub leasing to the Eagles?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 6 months 3 weeks ago #141515

  • smokey
  • smokey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1496
  • Thank you received: 93
DD the Eagles are building their own facilities. We do not lose control of our existing facilities. As you would know there are now two ovals at Lathlain. Generally, the Eagles train mornings. There is no disruption to the Demons training nor to our use of our own facilities.
I am unaware of WCE arrangements whilst their own facility is being built. I would presume that they are still using Subi oval for their gym etc and only using the ground at Lathlain for training.
Perhaps they are using our visitors' changerooms for the interim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 6 months 3 weeks ago #141640

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6757
  • Thank you received: 556
There are two ovals aren't there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 6 months 3 weeks ago #141641

  • jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 347
  • Thank you received: 94
Yep - you can see them both clear as a bell here:

www.google.com/maps/place/Lathlain+WA+61...!3d-31.966!4d115.907

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 6 months 3 weeks ago #141645

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2304
  • Thank you received: 162

Bazza wrote: There are two ovals aren't there?


I believe both ovals running the same way in a north/ south direction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 6 months 3 weeks ago #141650

  • smokey
  • smokey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1496
  • Thank you received: 93

westaussieguy wrote:

Bazza wrote: There are two ovals aren't there?


I believe both ovals running the same way in a north/ south direction?


The original oval was re-aligned slightly to allow a second oval to be added. These were obvious to everyone who attended games at Lathlain last season. The re-alignment is not really noticeable.
One oval has the exact dimensions of the new Optus Stadium. The other's dimensions are the exact duplication of the MCG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 5 months 2 weeks ago #143302

  • Worm Burner
  • Worm Burner's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 125
  • Thank you received: 12
A pity the AFL scratch match yesterday wasn't open to the public, hopefully any future games will as a great opportunity for the club to get some extra revenue...... although I imagine WCE will have their hands out for any of that!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 5 months 2 weeks ago #143304

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6019
  • Thank you received: 657

smokey wrote:

westaussieguy wrote:

Bazza wrote: There are two ovals aren't there?


I believe both ovals running the same way in a north/ south direction?


The original oval was re-aligned slightly to allow a second oval to be added. These were obvious to everyone who attended games at Lathlain last season. The re-alignment is not really noticeable.
One oval has the exact dimensions of the new Optus Stadium. The other's dimensions are the exact duplication of the MCG.


WAG it seemed to me the oval that Perth played on has shrunk in size from the previous years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 5 months 2 weeks ago #143318

  • DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2315
  • Thank you received: 427

swan42 wrote:

smokey wrote:

westaussieguy wrote:

Bazza wrote: There are two ovals aren't there?


I believe both ovals running the same way in a north/ south direction?


The original oval was re-aligned slightly to allow a second oval to be added. These were obvious to everyone who attended games at Lathlain last season. The re-alignment is not really noticeable.
One oval has the exact dimensions of the new Optus Stadium. The other's dimensions are the exact duplication of the MCG.

WAG it seemed to me the oval that Perth played on has shrunk in size from the previous years.

I believe Lathlain is now the same dimensions as the new stadium.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles at Lathlain 5 months 2 weeks ago #143323

  • smokey
  • smokey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1496
  • Thank you received: 93
As I posted previously, our re-aligned oval has the same dimensions as the MCG whereas the new oval for WCE has the dimensions of Optus Stadium.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: Dazzler
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags