Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #138994

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Nobody has suggested that Perth were in talks with Palmer. It was a gut feel that i had that i wouldn't be surprised that he signed with Perth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #138996

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

Winger wrote: Nobody has suggested that Perth were in talks with Palmer. It was a gut feel that i had that i wouldn't be surprised that he signed with Perth.

Okay
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #138997

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 157
These articles mention only Taylor and Tunbridge. Surely we are casting the net wider than just former players? They would both be welcome additions, but have we spoken to Palmer, Suban, Boekhurst, etc?

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #139000

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

Ted Nugent wrote: These articles mention only Taylor and Tunbridge. Surely we are casting the net wider than just former players? They would both be welcome additions, but have we spoken to Palmer, Suban, Boekhurst, etc?

That IS the question Ted

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #139072

• Lions Den
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Taylor's return is locked in and Corey Yeo (former Claremont) also secured.

Last edit: by Lions Den.

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #139164

• Long time 97
  • Thank you received: 1
Have noticed in the WAAFL clearances that Brennan Stack is trying to get to Noranda.

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #139188

• PD1899
  • PD1899's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
I have to ask the question. How did we get Yeo? Surely the tigers were chasing him hard and they are cashed up. Also from what I can tell, they haven't been overly productive with recruiting this year. So either there is something wrong with him or are we are giving too much to bring him to Lathlain? A more positive alternative is he our first recruit to sign because of ties with WCE at Lathlain?

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #139203

• Lions Den
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27

PD1899 wrote: I have to ask the question. How did we get Yeo? Surely the tigers were chasing him hard and they are cashed up. Also from what I can tell, they haven't been overly productive with recruiting this year. So either there is something wrong with him or are we are giving too much to bring him to Lathlain? A more positive alternative is he our first recruit to sign because of ties with WCE at Lathlain?

Only thought would be Yeo did have an ACL a couple of years ago, but that didn't discourage Claremont from recruiting Morabito this time last year.
They have picked up Curren and Mitchell so far this off-season which would have taken some decent coin.

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #139589

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Can’t remember if it was on this thread or another but someone alluded to the quality of recruits not being available this year.

Now I know it is only the VFL reserves but they have been disbanded as of next season. Surely out of all those players there could have been a player or two that was worth a punt.

Club recruiting 6 years 3 months ago #139598

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Mr AFL wrote: Can’t remember if it was on this thread or another but someone alluded to the quality of recruits not being available this year.

Now I know it is only the VFL reserves but they have been disbanded as of next season. Surely out of all those players there could have been a player or two that was worth a punt.

The recruits have been there it's just that we are unable to attract anyone of note due to our very long poor on field record.
We can only attract players that can't get a league game elsewhere.

More pain to come as we go into 40 plus years without Premiership glory.
Change is needed but sadly that like us playing finals won't happen.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 321 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes