Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133589

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Now that the season is over for the club it is now time to consider what players we have and what we will need if we are to achieve the improvement required to make inroads into the top four...
First 22 Players
Bell, Ninyette, Tropiano, Jones, Sinclair, White, Colledge, Byrne, Eyres, McFarlane, Leggett
First 22 Top Up Players
McKenna, Garstone, Marlin, Latch, Giblett, Edmonds, Irons
Possible AFL Delisted Players
McInnes, Tunbridge, Mzungu, Johnson, Mayne, Taylor
Young Guns
Roe, Ugle, Narrier, Morisey, Burke, Johnson, Johnstone, Kickett, Levien, Gooch,Baldwin-Wright
Elite Recruits
Two experienced and recognised ruckmen, One tall forward who can deliver 60 plus goals, One pacy midfielder, One tall defender, perhaps one who is a good intercept mark.
That is my shopping list. Any thoughts???
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by smokey.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133601

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Smokey: in the forward line you might even get by if you can recruit someone whom can create contests in the air for the smaller players to crumb the goals. I would say two ruckman full stop.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133608

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Tyrone Vickery could be the tall forward if he gets delisted by the Hawks and not picked up by someone else.
We have to be aggressive and if that means spending a bit of coin so be it.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133611

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Seriously, you go just rewind the summers script from each of the previous 20 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133620

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

30plusyeardrought wrote: Tyrone Vickery could be the tall forward if he gets delisted by the Hawks and not picked up by someone else.
We have to be aggressive and if that means spending a bit of coin so be it.[/quote]

Spot on 30+. If we don't do it then nothing will change - except the date.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133627

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Tyrone Vickery is like poison. Why not make Scott Jones a massive offer he would be just what you need. I told you to grab him two years ago now he will cost you plenty but well worth it.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133631

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Not sure Grassy just the old rumours about him. I still remember the cowards punch on Cox too.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133636

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Scott Jones would be nice start.

"Two experienced and recognised ruckmen, One tall forward who can deliver 60 plus goals, One pacy midfielder, One tall defender, perhaps one who is a good intercept mark."

That's a good list Smokey, however getting all them would come down to the points available and how much money the club has.

I'd be looking at a ruckman, then a key defender first.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133644

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well I'd settle for one ruckman and a forward who can kick 60+ goals but we do need more than that. We should have room to spend a minimum 40 points IMO and if the WAFC are going to help us out with some concessions (points and/or salary) we should be able to get what we need.
At the end of the day it will all come down to how serious the Commission is about helping the club.
My information from a reliable source is that the Football Department has been very busy addressing all matters concerning recruitment and are leaving no stone unturned in trying to provide Earl with the cattle he needs. No small job identifying the right players and convincing them to come to a club with a dismal 40 year history
The success or otherwise will reflect in the end results.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133645

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Where do you get 40 points from. By my calculations that would mean the commission is giving us roughly an extra 20 points for next season.

If we do have 40 points available then we might be able to get a couple more recruits in areas that we need.

No disrespect to your source but I have heard that before both from the club themselves and my own sources. It's usually followed by an excuse or something happened that was out of our control.

Hopefully they can get the players required to put a team out there in 2018 that can push for finals.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 227 guests and 5 members online

• Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • one time only
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits