Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

One week at a time 10 years 11 months ago #11000

• Time For a Flag
  • Time For a Flag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 128
Sorry Demon Forever but the clubs players, staff and supporters are only looking at the game in front of them.

This week it is EF.

I believe 3 of their players kicked 4 and one kicked 3.
I believe Kerr will be better after his run.
I know Swans beat them at their home deck 3 weeks ago - but I don't believe that means anything in regards Perth's chances.
I believe we are capable of winning if our players have belief, complete determination and a presence at every contest.

Outs - Bateman,Ranstead,Mather

Ins - Donovan,(either-?Johnston,?Houghton,?Colledge),Tunbridge

Batemans wing spot to Bevan.
Bevans forward spot to Donovan.
Ransteads back spot to ?Johnston, ?Houghton, ?Colledge
Tunbridge on the bench.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Time For a Flag.

One week at a time 10 years 11 months ago #11005

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
After that WCE loss, I can see Kerr back in the AFL, saying that Brown and Dalziell will probably be made scapegoats and get dropped back to the WAFL.....also the likes of Ibbo, Menagola and BOB to come back......can't see how 5 guys will make way, but alas 5 will.

Kudos to Perth on their win, I reall did think they would struggle curbing the likes of Geappen, Newman et al and find enough scoring options themeselves v SD defence. But hey it's 4 points in the bag and hopefully that will count for something later on in the year....though I do remember EF winning their first games 4 on the trot with Dunbar a few years back and still didn't make the finals.....it's a long season with lots of twists and turns.....

One week at a time 10 years 11 months ago #11006

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
TFAF, surely we must get Murray on the field. Perhaps time to sort things out with him. Christian and Mitch did well but IMO Murray is our best ruckman.
Tunbridge should play up forward somewhere. He plays his best footy up forward. With Donovan back it may get a bit crowded up there now that Stacky is back in such good form.
I would add Florio to the outs. For mine he is just too half hearted at the ball. I would prefer Mather who is a real goer to retain his place in the side.
Johnston for height to replace Ransted.
If Eagles insist that we play Colledge that may cause selection headaches. He is going to get his chance sooner or later but I would let him settle with the ressies a bit longer.
You are right. We can't look past the next game. Getting ahead of ourselves is fraught with danger as we have seen so many times.

One week at a time 10 years 11 months ago #11009

• Time For a Flag
  • Time For a Flag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 128
Surly we can tell the eagles to fark off in regard who we put on the track after what they have done to the wafl.

That said I didn't mind the look of Colledge.

I have seen Florio go in too tentatively a few times now but I wouldn't mind giving him one last try as long as it is explained to him what he is doing wrong. He needs a lot more Daniel O'Sullivan type of attack on the ball.

Will keep a closer eye on Mather.

In regards the forward line - I think Bev might take Chances wing and therefor Donovan straight back in. Tunbridge to rotate with all the small to mid size forwards.

Has Johnson being playing back and is he better than Houghton. (i have only seen 3/4 of Ressies).

Murray looks really happy at the club every time I see him. If FULLY fit and ticking the other required boxes I guess we would have to play him, but I did think that Eyers and Leyendekkers played very well. Love Eyers attack at the bounces and he is reading the play much better than early last year. Kicked the sealer as well. Leyendekkers good. Looking at Murrays form on Sat and the way the other two played it is not as easy a decision as one would think.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

One week at a time 10 years 11 months ago #11015

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Leyendekkers and Eyers battled manfully but imo Lammie smashed them.
We need to get Murray back and from what i have seen this season he is our best option at the No 1 ruck spot,surely 2 weeks in the ressies he has served his punishment.
I think both the other players could make good cases as to why they can be the No 2 ruck,im leaning towards Leyendekkers.

I heard all this talk pre-season about our new KPP down back..Johnson this,Johnson that.... well in the words of Lara Bingle,"where the bloody hell is he"?

What i want to add and please this isnt negative and anybody who stood in this possie at the weekend will back me up,behind our interchange bench.

Total confusion with the players coming on and off the field,how we even mangae our rotations has me stuffed.
At one stage in the first few minutes of the first quarter there was great discussion as to why Sketcher came off,this lasted for at least the next 10 minutes,"what are you doing off" who told you to come off" when where you told to come off" you are not supposed to be off"??????????????
There were lots of other confusion as to what players replaced who in the rotations!

We need to work it out on the bench and the 2 runners and guys relaying the messages(2 were used saturday,1 in each half) need to be more swithched on!
Those 4 didnt help matters.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

One week at a time 10 years 11 months ago #11016

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
30+, I agree about the early interchanges. There appeared to be quite some confusion due to the fact that the headphones were not working. The guy with the headphones and the runners were confused because they could not speak with the coaches box.
They kept looking up to the box.
Then they had to use the phone which was quite some distance from the bench down at the entrance to the rabbit hole they call visitors' changerooms. Players coming off were confused not knowing what was going on.
At one stage Nick Kane came to the bench complaining "they have 3 talls down there. I cannot pick them all up".
Also there was no-one on the interchange boaed at the start so pre- planned changes were not being called
No excuse re the headphones. They were working for the ressies.
We need to get this sort of farce sorted out quick smart.

• Page:
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 167 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma