Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130359

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
It is a cultural problem and to change this you have to start at the very top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130395

• Observer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3

Bazza wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: TT in relation to the zone question, you have actually highlightted the problem -- the development of league players quite well. Why can't you accept the social demogrpahics plays a role in this for the PFC? There are other factors:

appointment of the wrong coaches
the establishment of alignment
the inability to recruit a key position since Brenton Cooper

but you must keep im mind the social demogrphics aspect. At Subi, we have Mirrabooka in our zone, the highest unemployed rate in the state with large scale dislocation. All our players come from the middle class areas, such as Carine, and have English surnames.

South Perth
Como
Kensington
Victoria Park
East Vic Park
Lathlain
Are they deprived areas?
Is York more deprived than say Kojonup?

Any young player from at least the first 3 suburbs who has the ability to play WAFL Colts would have to play PSA footy so Perth would only see them on the bye weekends. Vic Park and Laithlain are not growing areas for young families to produce Junior footballers like Canning Vale, Piara Waters, Harrisdale, and Forrestdale etc. The Albany high way Stretch which much of is zoned to Perth is not growing with young players for mine but probably going the other way eg Maddington and Kenwick. The country zones would also make it hard with Northam and the wheatbelt as Perth catchment areas. Perth have a number of talented indigenous players in these zones no doubt but the travel and for these players I think would have to be the main issue. At a guess I think that they would play local football and probably receive some financial incentive to do so if they are talanted enough.

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130470

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247

30plusyeardrought wrote:

DD wrote: Those clowns running the joint need to be named and shamed and I'll do the fucken honours. Marty Atkins struts around like he's the police commissioner questioning everyone's behavior from the players to supporters and I heard recently a staff member has taken stress leave.

Darryl Mann is the Marcel Marceau of club presidents, never said boo since he inherited the presidency and I've been told these guys are laying real low lately probably avoiding eye contact with the faithful that are left still going to games.

And if the Prez is the person that used to post on a couple of other footy site forums under the name "Hassa" then I will tell you now he will be sitting there telling anyone that will listen that there is nothing wrong.
Him and I had many a worded stoush on these forums Re-everything PFC.
He was very much in denial back then.

30+ I think you will find Hassa was Neil Mann?
Still holds the board for the ressies.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130473

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Demons Forever wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

DD wrote: Those clowns running the joint need to be named and shamed and I'll do the fucken honours. Marty Atkins struts around like he's the police commissioner questioning everyone's behavior from the players to supporters and I heard recently a staff member has taken stress leave.

Darryl Mann is the Marcel Marceau of club presidents, never said boo since he inherited the presidency and I've been told these guys are laying real low lately probably avoiding eye contact with the faithful that are left still going to games.

And if the Prez is the person that used to post on a couple of other footy site forums under the name "Hassa" then I will tell you now he will be sitting there telling anyone that will listen that there is nothing wrong.

Ok no probs.
Is he related to the prez?

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130483

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Grassy wrote: Yes,there is a problem.

It is not Neil Mann and as far as I know,he is Definitely Not related to the Predident:

I don't mind folk having a crack at the Club,but at least get names right,if you want to single out Individuals.

Calm down big fella.

DF did put a question mark after his name suggesting to me he wasn't 100 percent sure.

And I was purely guessing who I thought it was thinking Hassa had to have the surname Mann
Maybe I'm wrong

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130486

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Demons Forever wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

No

Ok no probs.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130487

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Demons Forever wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Ok no probs.

No

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130488

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote: The club truely is in trouble and I thank JT for bothering to write about our plight. The problem I think and I stress only think comes from our weak zone and the sort of family support the players coming from these zones get. Further I like most WAFL supporters think there is a lot of under the counter payments being made to players from one or two certain clubs. A third problem I see with our situation is how our lack of success has made too many of our supporters look inwards to the club and blame people there for the lack of success. My firs two points are aimed at the WAFC. People are always on here hating one person or another at the Club. I could never understand the hate levelled against McMahon. Before that it was Jarmon, now it's Darryl Mann and Marty Atkins. I can even remember the last Pres who put shit loads of his own money and time into the club (Vince Pendal RIP) copping it big time. Before him it was the previous Pres who's name eludes me atm. But enough with hating the club people. It is a WAFC issue.
PS McMahon well and truely has the best win / loss ratio than any coach at Perth for 18 or 19 years

If these people want to be in charge as a president or CEO or senior coach then if you don't produce results you got to be prepared to cop the criticism. Our clubs on field record is appalling and indefensible. I've got no doubt many of these people have done good things and given their best but some of their efforts and intentions have been misdirected and not in the best interest of the club and some of these people are far too sensitive to any criticism and stubbornly dig their heals in and don't want to let any outsiders in.

I know one passionate supporter who is as dedicated as any supporter I know and has very good credentials and made a serious approach to the club to apply for nomination to the board. He was invited in to submit his ideas and put it in writing. Met with senior club officials and told we will get back to you well over a year ago and is still waiting.

That is typical of the lack of professionalism in this club and why it is perceived as a little boys club. People in charge more worried about their own insecurities than the best interests of the Perth FC. Anyone who defends this mob is wasting everyone's time.

TFAF sadly I have had to say this before.
You are delusional.
How can the WAFL be responsible for our Club failing for 30 years.

The problem is complex.
The WAFL is guilty of creating an equalisation policy to which end PFC have not seen a lot.

Our Club had a so called financial guru looking over our shoulders about 12 years ag.
Whether we got sound advice or not is subjective we have for 18 years managed our finances very well.
In that time we would have been near the top of the list for managing financial.
Had we had some success on field those profits would have been much more.

In the last few years our financial management has obviously slipped somewhat
It is sad to hear that we are headed for a second heavy loss.

The club has ,mismismanaged development.
Player management.
Discipline.l
Recruitment.
Coaching.
In recent years they have even allowed the leadership group to dictate player management.
Anyone remember Hayden Busher wanting to come back to Lathlain.
Why would you allow the players to dictate that decision.
Shall I go on?

Yes zones are a problem but the WAFL does nothing about it.
They don't know how.

Equalisation

It is obvious the that some Clubs work the system
They have the resources to do so.
PFC does not.

Ask some of them if we have discipline problem.
Not sure they will know what I mean.

Those in charge have never admitted there is a problem until they do nothing can change.

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130511

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350

Demons Forever wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

That's Neil Allen I think you are referring to. Who I think as gone by the alias as Baseline or rednblack in the past.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Today West On-Line 6 years 7 months ago #130514

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Great comeback win by Perth colts....think your zones are looking good on todays performance

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 297 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Danger

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL