Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128500

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Grassy one and all, putting my WAFL cap on, I am considerring taking out an extra WAFL membership each year from now on. I will alternate through the clubs until I have joined all nine by the end of the decade. I know one of the PFC supporters on here has suggestted the clubs consider a sort of competition membership, where you joinned every club. I just can't remember whom it was?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128506

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Grassy: enjoy yourself. A few beers in the opposition's bar is a perfect way to help out the other clubs. I don't get to many games these days so I am looking at other ways to help it the mighty Lions and the other clubs.

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128507

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144

Grassy wrote: How much change is needed at the Top?

Kristi Annear is Director of Promotions if I'm not mistaken.But it would pretty hard for her or anyone to sell The Club if it keeps on losing,no matter how hard she works.

Do we replace someone in her position,DD?

And what about the Director of Football?We're all going crook at The Club in terms of the Football Department and it's lack of performance.The Current Director of Football just happens to be Troy Cook.Do we go Crook at him,or do we get behind a Legend of The Club and give him a Brainstorm of Suggestions of how we get better?

Both are new to the role this season Grassy. I think what DD and others are referring to are people that have been there longer.

In saying that though, someone new could come in but would anything really change. How many people have we had fill various positions over the last 40 years and it has made bugger all difference.

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128508

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Worm Burner wrote: When Earl was appointed there was talk Todd Curley was in the mix for the job......does anyone think we'd be any better off now if he was coaching and not Earl

To be honest I don't think we would be Worm.

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128511

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Stand the Test wrote: I reckon time for a change at the bottom.

We do not do anything particularly different from any other club at the top - certainly we don't do anything worse. We have made profits for the last 20 years and have money in the bank despite our lack of on field success - who else could have done that? It wouldn't have happened without someone knowing what they are doing.

We have recruited really well al things considered - we've recruited Sandover Medallists, State players, Butcher Medallists etc. Those guys don't come to the club without someone working hard and doing plenty right behind the scenes -and of course you've got to have the money to pay them.

If we had a better zone things would be sweet.

Now is not the time to jump off - we have given 100% in most of our games but our depth is a problem. If you can add some recruits to the mix next year - and we have a good record here - then anything could happen.

STT. I know for a while you have been mentioning the zone. I can understand that Perth might not have as much talent in their zone as another WAFL club.

From speaking to various people at clubs throughout their junior catchment zone the club does not do enough to engage the kids or the clubs themselves. Was only speaking to an amateur club the other week who was saying that the club operates more in a what can you do for us method rather than what can the PFC do for you. This has been happening for well over 10 years that I know of.

Another instance was that when 16/17 year olds were trying out for the colts program, they were informed via text message whether or not they had made the cut. To me that's not very professional. How hard would it have been to take the kids aside and speak to them individually for 5 or so minutes about their deficiencies and why they weren't making the squad. Tell them to work on it during the season back at their junior or amateur club and come back next pre season.

We have in my opinion had some players (especially over the last 10-12 years that I have been following the colts program more closely) play for us that showed signs of potential. Now obviously not everyone is going to make it but I personally don't think we have developed our own kids in our own backyard that well over the years. Unlike this year, I don't think you would have seen the Ninyette's, Roe's, Scotney's, Narrier's, Johnson's etc.... all getting exposed to a large chunk of senior football in the one season. Not just playing one or two games and then sent back to toil away in the reserves. As I've said on here before what difference would it have made over the years to back a young kid in and play him for the rest of the season. Sure we may have finished a couple of spots higher on the ladder but we still wouldn't have made finals and that has to be the aim each and every year.

Yes we have been able to recruit reasonably well over the years but never once at the same time. Talking about success you only have to look at the teams constantly up the top of the WAFL ladder and see how many 100 game players that they have had over the last 15-20 years. I think Perth would be lucky to have five 100 game players over that time.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128520

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Mr AFL, agree we have to do everything right when it comes to kids and clubs in our District. Any whisper that anyone not happy or we have not done the right thing needs to be dealt with fully and immediately at Director of Junior Football or CEO or FM level.

I think the Club has worked hard to repair the completely dysfunctional relationship that existed when it was South Suburban vs PFC and that the popularity of junior parade day shows some success but we can never be complacent.

The truth is we can't miss a beat with the limited talent we have.

Re 100 game players you are dead right - this is a damning damning stat. I can only think of JRKT, Bossong, Gloves, Langy, Jones in that timeframe?

Again though it is the circle thing, we no depth, no success, no one hangs around.

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128521

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Oh and Riggers.

Change needed at the top 6 years 8 months ago #128533

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dene White and Daniel O'Sullivan are the last two.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 334 guests and 5 members online

• Success Hill
  • Southerner
  • Danger
  • SD351
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr